1Refom won //We won Empty Refom won //We won Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am

gypsy

gypsy
Linda --

For the first time in our nation's history, Congress has passed comprehensive health care reform. America waited a hundred years and fought for decades to reach this moment. Tonight, thanks to you, we are finally here.

Consider the staggering scope of what you have just accomplished:

Because of you, every American will finally be guaranteed high quality, affordable health care coverage.

Every American will be covered under the toughest patient protections in history. Arbitrary premium hikes, insurance cancellations, and discrimination against pre-existing conditions will now be gone forever.

And we'll finally start reducing the cost of care -- creating millions of jobs, preventing families and businesses from plunging into bankruptcy, and removing over a trillion dollars of debt from the backs of our children.

But the victory that matters most tonight goes beyond the laws and far past the numbers.

It is the peace of mind enjoyed by every American, no longer one injury or illness away from catastrophe.

It is the workers and entrepreneurs who are now freed to pursue their slice of the American dream without fear of losing coverage or facing a crippling bill.

And it is the immeasurable joy of families in every part of this great nation, living happier, healthier lives together because they can finally receive the vital care they need.

This is what change looks like.

My gratitude tonight is profound. I am thankful for those in past generations whose heroic efforts brought this great goal within reach for our times. I am thankful for the members of Congress whose months of effort and brave votes made it possible to take this final step. But most of all, I am thankful for you.

This day is not the end of this journey. Much hard work remains, and we have a solemn responsibility to do it right. But we can face that work together with the confidence of those who have moved mountains.

Our journey began three years ago, driven by a shared belief that fundamental change is indeed still possible. We have worked hard together every day since to deliver on that belief.

We have shared moments of tremendous hope, and we've faced setbacks and doubt. We have all been forced to ask if our politics had simply become too polarized and too short-sighted to meet the pressing challenges of our time. This struggle became a test of whether the American people could still rally together when the cause was right -- and actually create the change we believe in.

Tonight, thanks to your mighty efforts, the answer is indisputable: Yes we can.

Thank you,

President Barack Obama

Paid for by Organizing for America, a project of the Democratic National Committee -- 430 South Capitol Street SE, Washington, D.C. 20003. This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

2Refom won //We won Empty Re: Refom won //We won Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:40 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Refom won //We won 592180

3Refom won //We won Empty Re: Refom won //We won Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:03 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i watched all this sunday, they knew they had the votes even without stupats votes, but with his group satisfied with the executive order on abortion, it passed easy, and probably with even more votes pelosi then released to let them vote no since they are from conservative district, but would have voted yes if they needed a yes vote. it always goes that way. its a good thing it passed by several votes however or come election each congressman's vote could be used as the vote that passed it in the next election, to me they had nothing to loose voting yes, obama will be used against them in 2010 election anyway, like even not passing healthcare the dems took a beating when clintons midterm election took place,i think it not passing would be just as hard on them next election as it passing, . now the republicans will try to ride this horse and play it like a fiddle. my only thing i dont like is it will not be till 2014 till all the market exchanges and such are set up, but many things will take effect , when signed, like prexisting conditions,unlimted caps,and a person cant be kicked off a private policy if they develop a severe health problem . and im not sure if prexisting conditions will take place now for everyone or just children. i hope this bill will be so popular so as it unfolds that the republicans cant repeal it when they have there turn as the majority in congress, some states are going to sue, but i heard cnn law annalist jeff tubin, say he does not see the states prevailing, well anyway, i will look forward to how the law actually will work, i understand it will take time to set up many things, im impatient and want it all to start now, lol,
the senate republicans will try to stall the fix it changes the house sent to the senate,but the dems i think have the votes in the senate to pass them,, but republicans will use parliamentarian tricks to slow it down mainly for publicity ,. the republicans will ride the scare tactic train, but that train just made a sharp turn and stayed on the tracks., lets hope it stays on the tracks, i think lots of ppl just dont want or trust the government so are against it even if it would actually help some of their family.
this bill many thought dead when brown was elected to mass. ted kennedys seat. have to hand it to pelosi and obama, , is it the bill they wanted , no,, but if the republicans are pissed off this bad it must be a pretty good bill. i just wished i had the money spent by corporations for tv adds against it, take care, ONE thing, it was stated here on this board, that there are no medicare drs. , well here where i live drs run adds on tv, and say medicare , medicaid patients welcomed. maybe some ppl who live certain places just need to drive a bit farther, ted kennedy is smilling im sure, cheers

4Refom won //We won Empty Re: Refom won //We won Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:13 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Good post Rosco.. I am so happy for people who need this,I hope the republicans just keep up their Bad boy attitude, it may end up not being a party anymore~ a lot of people are disgruntled with this GOP mess~

5Refom won //We won Empty Re: Refom won //We won Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:48 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes, good post rosco. I am proud that people came together on this and did the right thing. Its about time.

Here's a video with lyrics I think is fitting to this topic. Just a message not related to healthcare, but about our country. Like I said, this country made me proud by passing the plan. We win, the bad people (who only care about themselves) lose. Good always wins out. Remember that.