You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Supper tonight Empty Supper tonight Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:57 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Spicy grilled pork chops, Roasted potatoes, zucchini, tomato, lima bean casserole,sliced tomatoes from garden and iced tea!

2Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:10 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Sounds great! But I don't want any lima beans. Can you open a can of peas? :)

3Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Butter Lima Beans are good for you, they help thicken your gravy...but they might give you windy bums.

I would only eat frozen peas ....some of those canned peas are not real peas, they are man made.

But mashed Pease Pudding with boiled bacon joint might be good.

Have no idea why I cook bacon joint with malt vinigar...perhaps it acts as a softener.
I use Demerra brown sugar and Bay Leaves...have to change the water to get rid of some of the salt.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

4Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
How does a Man create a pea without it being a real pea? The can peas I buy are real. Don't tell me I am not eating real peas. That's absurd. I never heard of a fake pea. I can tell they are real, they are small round and green and taste like Peas. Plus, the label says they are peas. I'm comfortable and am satisfied that they are "real peas". lol

This is my favorite brand.

Supper tonight 6246_LeSueurPeas1

5Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:00 am

gypsy

gypsy
I will open a can of peas for you Tyler, and Lesueur baby ones are my favorite brand:) hope they aren't owned by the Koch brothers LOL

6Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
.SPLIT LENTILS.Pease Pudding hot...Pease Pudding cold...Pease Pudding in the pot ....Nine days old........MUSHY PEAS Yellow coloured green...and mushed up to look like peas...good with Gammon Bacon.

7Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:24 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
lmao

8Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:28 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:I will open a can of peas for you Tyler, and Lesueur baby ones are my favorite brand:) hope they aren't owned by the Koch brothers LOL
OK thank you. Glad its your favorite too. But Candy doesn't think they are real peas, so I guess shes not invited to the dinner then.. lol

She says they are not real peas,,, good grief. Supper tonight 440643

I can't believe I'm having this conversation.. lol

Why are my peas fake and yours real?? United States has all the food or haven't you heard? So what you are saying is, there is no such thing as a real can of peas, they are all fake peas.

How about a nice can of spam?? We fed you it years ago maybe you'd like some more. We have plenty.

Lesueur early peas

Green Giant Lesueur Early Peas —

As far as canned goods go, Lesueur has the best garden peas on the market. They use only the very young and very small garden peas. These peas are the earliest ones that come off the vine. They are tender and delicious. Lesueur peas are more expensive than the other brands but in my opinion they are worth the difference in cost.

http://www.viewpoints.com/Green-Giant-Lesueur-Early-Peas-review-6fce14

Green Giant is a vegetable company owned by General Mills. It is symbolized by two mascots, frozen vegetables, and also sells canned vegetables both under the Green Giant and Le Sueur brands.

In Canada, where an important part of the population speaks French, the company sells canned vegetables under the Le Sieur brand instead of Le Sueur because "sueur" means sweat in French and it was not good marketing introducing sweat in food advertising. Le Sieur means "the Sir" in French and thus was a more appropriate name.

The Jolly Green Giant starred in a 2005 Mastercard commercial Icons along with 9 other mascots from other companies (including General Mills own Pillsbury Doughboy and Count Chocula) having dinner.

The Jolly Green Giant is also commonly called by the name of Peter in some parts of the U.S.

Gypsy, you know about the cans of peas we have here in the United States, are they real peas?

9Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:37 am

gypsy

gypsy
yes they are grown on a vine just like a pea, of course they are real peas!

10Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:58 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I rest my case. Supper tonight 67629

Candy you lose your argument for lack of evidence that there are no real canned peas. Oh you can say there are fake peas out there but that doesn't mean there aren't real canned peas too. Like I said before, I never seen a fake pea or do I think anyone would have a reason to create one. lol

Done here on the pea subject I think. lol

11Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:50 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i dont like the green lima beans, but i do like the dry butter beans, over corn bread, i also like english peas as was show, and i like the little ones and the brand show,

12Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
You don't want any of them Froggy Peas...The liquid might have come from snail slime.

Tins of Batchlor Peas swim in a pea grean soup.

Your Spam was made out of Pork grizzle and anything left on your plates.

is that why we are called English Dogs..Woof!

Never had or even seen Corn Bread...

The Germans do Black bread...very heavy, but I liked it.

13Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:02 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Candy Cottingham wrote:You don't want any of them Froggy Peas...The liquid might have come from snail slime.

Tins of Batchlor Peas swim in a pea grean soup.

Your Spam was made out of Pork grizzle and anything left on your plates.

is that why we are called English Dogs..Woof!

Never had or even seen Corn Bread...

The Germans do Black bread...very heavy, but I liked it.

corn bread is just made from corn meal.,. and milk and either some bacon grease or butter, or margarine, and an egg and maybe a table spoon of flour all mixed up in a bowl
all mixed into where its thick but not to thick that u cannot pour it, most ppl use an iron skillet, and either heat the skillet on the stove top or the oven , i think about 350 degrees on the oven,then put it in the oven till the top is just turning brown, i have not made any in a while, but if i made a mistake gypsy can straighten it out, u may use the oven a bit hotter like 400 degrees , and she can give a time frame, also u probably can google it, corn bread is very popular here,and very good,

14Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:53 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I have been told I make the best Cornbread,I do cook mine in an iron skillet with a bit of oil get it really hot in a 400 degree oven make the coen bread mixture a bit soupy like Rosco said not to thick it makes the corn bread really moist,Here is my recipe

2cups of white corn meal
1/4 cup of oil
1egg
butter milk enough to make a medium thin batter
pour mixture after stirring
into the hot skillet,
bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean with no batter on it.
Slice, slap a chunk of real butter and enjoy
It is yummy~

15Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I have been told I make the best Cornbread,I do cook mine in an iron skillet with a bit of oil get it really hot in a 400 degree oven make the coen bread mixture a bit soupy like Rosco said not to thick it makes the corn bread really moist,Here is my recipe

2cups of white corn meal
1/4 cup of oil
1egg
butter milk enough to make a medium thin batter
pour mixture after stirring
into the hot skillet,
bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean with no batter on it.
Slice, slap a chunk of real butter and enjoy
It is yummy~

i have 2 iron skittets, the one i use for just me is a 6 inch one, it either was my moms or grandmothers,it was already cured ,, i know after i thought 350 was not hot enough, but i do heat mine on top of the stove,to preheat the skillet . gypsy i know u said oil but have u ever used saved bacon grease, i really like it more than oil,, but i dont cook bacon now, i usually use the tub margarine because thats all i have, i dont keep oil i dont cook much anymore, i dine out, lol,,usually a hot plate from walmart, they have some good thing, i love there ranch wings, fryed then battered in ranch dry seasoning mix not cooked again just dry seasoning on them,,, walmart has big wings, and will give u all drums if u want. 6 of them, and 2 vegetables for 4 bucks thats hard to beat, but i get catfish some and chicken tenders , or spicy wings, last week i got chicken livers, and all with 2 veggies , but sometimes i go to subway. or sometime to habeneroes a Mexican restaurant, and get chicken, steak and shrimp, nacho fajita supreme , its kinda like a taco salad but its on a platter and they cover the nachos with lettuce and tomatoes,and all three meats, and sour cream but i make them warm up some taco sauce and i pour it over the whole thing, and its alot on a plater, and like $8.95 but i eat it in the restaurant, it also has some re-fried beans in it, i may go this weekend and do that, walmart usually has like several kinds of pot, salad if u want that as a veggie, and Cole slaw and broccoli salad, sometime i do the cold veggies but sometime i do pot wedges and corn or collard greens,or fried okra it all depends, i try to get it pretty soon after its been cooked, if it gets to old they get rid of it and put in fresh, i have got some chicken tenders, that were hard, so i ask now and they give me a sample to eat, they will let u sample any of their meats, i know this is a long post, but on corn bread i like to cut one open and cover it with butter bean,s and a tomato thing my mom did that her mom did, , cook can tomatoes mashed up, and one slice of bread broke up and a tad of vinegar, and some sugar, and cook it in a small boiler, and i put that on top of the butter beans i may have said this before , well i got home from work, i need to shower and hit the hay, take care

16Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:18 am

gypsy

gypsy
I don't use bacon grease much,never did. one thing I do use bacon grease, or bacon for is cooking white beans(soup beans) we call them, and a little bit of bacon already fried and crisp, but not the grease, in my green beans. it renders the flavor and just a bit of grease,to the beans.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum