You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Politics/candidates/ elections Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:05 pm

I am sick of it all. Is anyone else fed up ? If I had to vote in the general election tomorrow, I think I would opt to stay home! Razz

2Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:53 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I agree Figi. And as I stated before, I'm not voting this time around. I know that some people may frown upon that and say it's a privilege to be able to vote and I should exercise that right, and under normal circumstances I would agree with that, but my response to these people is " It's also my right and privilege NOT to vote and help put someone into a powerful position and make him the next president. It's my privilege not to participate in that activity. So, I am exercising my right not to vote until I feel someone is worthy of being the next president of the United States. And on a side note to all of that, I really hate standing in line at those voting polls!.LOL

3Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:04 am

Great! I never Vote either. I'm kinda anarchistic in my views, i mean in the good sense

4Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:24 am

gypsy

gypsy
I voted last time, hoping Bush would not be appointed like the first four years,.. I feel much the same way with this election coming up`,, none running are worthy in my opinion` the gov't has become nothing more than a system that does not work anymore~ they have forgot important ingredients?? ""We The People" and under God~~

on another note, it has become mud slinging dirty politics~ who can we believe anymore` Patroitism has nothing to do with my decison~ I love my country, as much as any American But
at this point, i am also ashamed, that we have not learned from past mistakes~

one persons opinion~ mine

5Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Just remember Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:23 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
INACTION IS STILL ACTION...of course tyler probably would wind up being just one of those florida hanging chads, lol, teasing ofcourse, take care.

as gypsy said mud slinging , but why, because going negative especially if u have a strong war chest of money for tv, going negative works..its sad but true...

6Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:50 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I always thought of myself as a florida 'Tri-chad' kinda guy actually.. lol!

7Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Im just stiring the pot here, lol Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:29 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
This is interesting, note the end about what it says in the book of 'Revelations'. Now is this scary or what.

What a Black Columnist has to say about Obama
Politics/candidates/ elections ObamaWOU

Ken Blackwell - Columnist for the < /SPAN>New York Sun

It's an amazing time to be alive in America. We're in a year of firsts in this presidential election: the first viable woman candidate; the first viable African-American candidate; and, a candidate who is the first frontrunning freedom fighter over 70. The next president of America will be a first.

We won't truly be in an election of firsts, however, until we judge every candidate by where they stand. We won't arrive where we should be until we no longer talk about skin color or gender. Now that Barack Obama steps to the front of the Democratic field, we need to stop talking about his race, and start talking about his policies and his politics.

The reality is this: Though the Democrats will not have a nominee until August, unless Hillary Cl inton drops out, Mr. Obama is now the frontrunner, and its time America takes a closer and deeper look at him.

Some pundits are calling him the next John F. Kennedy. He's not. He's the next George McGovern. And it's time people learned the facts.

Because the truth is that Mr. Obama is the single most liberal senator in the entire U.S. Senate. He is more liberal than Ted Kennedy, Bernie Sanders, or Mrs. Clinton. Never in my life have I seen a presidential frontrunner whose rhetoric is so far removed from his record. Walter Mondale promised to raise our taxes, and he lost. George McGovern promised military weakness, and he lost. Michael Dukakis promised a liberal domestic agenda, and he l ost.

Yet Mr. Obama is promising all those things, and he's not behind in the polls. Why? Because the press has dealt with him as if he were in a beauty pageant. Mr. Obama talks about getting past party, getting past red and blue, to lead the Unite d States of America. But let's look at the more defined strokes of who he is underneath this superficial 'beauty.'

Start with national security, since the president's most important duties are as commander-in-chief. Over the summer, Mr. Obama talked about invading Pakistan, a nation armed with nuclear weapons; meeting without preconditions with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who vows to destroy Israel and create another Holocaust; and Kim Jong II, who is murdering and starving his people, but emphasized that the nuclear option was off the table against terrorists - something no president has ever taken off the table since we created nuclear weapons in the 1940s. Even Democrats who have worked in national security condemned all of those remarks. Mr. Obama is a foreign-policy novice who would put our national security at risk.

Next, consider economic policy. For all its faults, our health care system is the strongest in the world. And free trade agreements, created by Bill Clinton as well as President Bush, have made more goods more affordable so that even people of modest means can live a life that no one imagined a generation ago. Yet Mr. Obama promises to raise taxes on 'the rich.' How to fix Social Security? Raise taxes. How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes. Prescription drugs? Raise taxes. Free college? Raise taxes. Socialize medicine? Raise taxes. His solution to everything is to have government take it over. Bi g Brother on steroids, funded by your paycheck.

Finally, look at the social issues. Mr. Obama had the audacity to open a stadium rally by saying, 'All praise and glory to God!' but says that Christian leaders speaking for life and marriage have 'hijacked' - hijacked - Christianity. He is pro-partial birth abortion, and promises to appoint Supreme Court justices who will rule any restriction on it unconstitutional. He espouses the abortion views of Margaret Sanger, one of the early advocates of racial cleansing. His spiritual leaders endorse homosexual marriage, and he is moving in that direction. In Illinois, he refused to vote against a statewide ban - ban - on all handguns in the state. These are radical left, Hollywood, and San Francis co values, not Middle America values.

The real Mr. Obama is an easy target for the general election. Mrs. Clinton is a far tougher opponent. But Mr. Obama could win if people don't start looking behind his veneer a nd flowery speeches. His vision of 'bringing America together' means saying that those who disagree with his agenda for America are hijackers or warmongers. Uniting the country means adopting his liberal agenda and abandoning any conflicting beliefs.

But right now everyone is talking about how eloquent of a speaker he is and - yes - they're talking abou t his race. Those should never be the factors on which we base our choice for president. Mr. Obama's radical agenda sets him far outside the American mainstream, to the left of Mrs. Clinton.

It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of firsts, let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to be our president in a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.

Subject: Kind of scary, wouldn't you think

Remember--God is good, and is in time, on time--every time.

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is:

The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything. Is it OBAMA??

MY DISCLAIMER: I DONT KNOW ALOT ABOUT REVELATIONS . IT IS A TOUGH BOOK OF THE BIBLE TO UNDERSTAND .. SO I DONT KNOW HOW TRUE THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT ON IT IS,IT MAY BE SO, BUT I JUST DONT KNOW, ROSCO, TAKE CARE

8Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:46 pm

gypsy

gypsy
my thoughts, we already have the anti christ as prez..he has done everything in his power to divide America, and to endanger us all in the war in Iraq.. this is only my opinion..

9Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:03 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
its kinda sad that u think the anti Christ has already come and is about to end his second term, lol,,i think u could have picked a more accurate example of the hate u have for our President of these United States. i dont feel endangered about the iraq war, actually i feel more secure with boots on the ground there,,

10Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:28 pm

gypsy

gypsy
ok, thats ur opinion, i respect it, but i have mine also`,`also I think ur post was not accuracy,it was ur thoughts as it was with blackwells~like he knows exactly that what he quoted is true, from revelations? that was only his interpretation~I think it is also sad, that u and blackwell can bad mouth someone, but I can't?

peace/love

11Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
ps.. Rosco~ hate is a very strong word, i never said i hated anyone~that was ur thought,word/not mine,..

have a good one..

12Politics/candidates/ elections Empty well well, lets see where we are now Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:51 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:ok, thats ur opinion, i respect it, but i have mine also`,`also I think ur post was not accuracy,it was ur thoughts as it was with blackwells~like he knows exactly that what he quoted is true, from revelations? that was only his interpretation~I think it is also sad, that u and blackwell can bad mouth someone, but I can't?

peace/love

if u read my Disclaimer, i said i dont know revelations enough as it is a tough book to learn, even thou i have sat through sermons just about revelations for weeks .taking a piece each week, but stilll i put the disclaimer. so my disclaimer says i dont have the same thoughts as blackwell on revelations as im not knowledgeable on it. NO one said u cant bad mouth someone, since u have badmouthed the President of these United States for months, mainly repeating the same thing, here and mainly other places, so u have vented ur feeling freely. the reason i said i think u missed ur mark as our President being the anti Christ, is one thing i think i may have an opinion on is the anti Christ is one that will be worshiped as Christlike by the masses,at first ( Read the series of books , " the LEFT BEHIND SERIES" )u like to read.
If one was to choose a president as an antichrist, i would think a John Kennedy, would fit that roll better. i have never heard the antichrist being of muslim decent, that was one reason to disclaim, but again i dont know. Matter of fact, in recent days.. i feel Obama has had such problems, with his 20 year relationship with wright, that i think him as an anti Christ can be ruled out, lol,but in closing i only said i think u made a mistake on President Bush as i dont recall him being Worshiped by the Masses as Christlike, but ur free to slam whomever u please, i dont think i said u could not,,i was wrong to use the word hate, i assumed u did after reading countless post over the months on ur opinion of the President, but i was wrong to do that,,one thing to remember a majority of the senate also voted, so we cant have that many antichrist, lol

13Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Thu May 01, 2008 12:09 am

gypsy

gypsy
ok.. also Rosco, i never used the word hate, as a christian i hate no one, except the devil..I also forgive, something else a christian should do..
slam Bush ~yep, i have, as many other americans have~,if u like him, and think he has done a good job~ then that is ur right, i personally think he has harmed this country more than helped it~ it will be many years for us to recover from these past eight years~never said he was worshiped especially these last four years..
LOL I will be long gone, before we ever recuperate..from this war, and this presidency

,that is what America is about, Freedom to express ourselves~

I personally don't support obama on everything, but i think he does have some good ideas..

also i was not going to respond, but I have read this stuff u put here, and i had to say something..

one reason i did, was u picking only my posts out to comment on,when many have voiced as much displeasure with this adminstration.. now i am through venting my points~

wishing u the best, as i always do

Peace/Love

14Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Thu May 01, 2008 12:25 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i have mainly heard obama just give pretty speeches, very few ideas, i think that is what ppl have a problem with, and fear he is more like his reverend than he admits, and i doubt seriously ur through venting. i will not hold my breath, lol maybe others have slamed the president, but i dont recall seeing any, but im sure somewhere there are,, these back and forths are no different than some debates on tv, its called politics,

15Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Re: Politics/candidates/ elections Thu May 01, 2008 12:33 am

gypsy

gypsy
well Rosco yes i am through venting.. I concede,, you can have the last word on the subject..LOL it is nice to debate with no anger involved..

so on a more postive note~ hope all is well with u.have u enjoyed the lake yet, it has been to cold here~

peace/love

16Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Obama Is A "MACK DADDY" Thu May 01, 2008 8:33 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

17Politics/candidates/ elections Empty Hillary and obama ,comedy vidio Thu May 01, 2008 8:50 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum