You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Empty I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:11 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I'll Have Another is out of Belmont

I'll Have Another is out of Belmont A-WONTHAVEANOTHER-386x217

Doug O'Neill joined the Dan Patrick Show to break news on Triple Crown hopeful I'll Have Another.

"I'll Have Another is officially out of the Belmont," O'Neill said.

O'Neill talked about what a let-down it is. "It's not tragic, but it's a huge disappointment," O'Neill said.

O'Neill said he looks fine. He said he will walk the horse in front of the media at his 1 p.m. ET press conference to show everyone that the horse is doing well. But he has the beginning of the injury and they can't run him.

Dan asked O'Neill if I'll Have Another has raced his last race. "If I had to wager … I would say yes," O'Neill said.

UPDATE: O'Neill and owner J. Paul Reddam have called a press conference for 1 p.m. today. It is unclear what the subject matter will be.

BELMONT, N.Y. – Seeking to escape the clamor of dormitory style living in the security barn required for all 12 entrants in Saturday's Belmont Stakes, trainer Doug O'Neill beat the rush and took Triple Crown contender I'll Have Another to the track at 5:30 a.m. Friday for his gallop.

In a new measure this year, the New York Racing and Wagering Board required the entire Belmont Stakes field to move into the security barn by noon Wednesday.

Amid questions in racing about illegal performance enhancement, the board cited racing integrity. On the day I'll Have Another moved to the new barn, he galloped at 8:45 a.m. That was advanced by more than three hours today.

"It's been very hectic the last few days, so we thought we would take him out when it's quieter," O'Neill said in a statement released by the New York Racing Association.

"The detention barn (a.k.a. security barn) setup with all 12 horses going out at the same time has been a little bit hectic. The simple thing of just trying to find a place to bathe your horse has been kind of congested. We thought we would come out early, and it would be quieter.

"Hopefully he will be back resting in his stall when 8:30 rolls around and a lot of the hectic activity starts. We want to get him in the quietest frame of mind leading up to the biggest race of his life."

Dale Romans, trainer of potential spoiler Dullahan, has been the most point blank critic of the security barn requirement. Horses at Triple Crown races typically stay in the barns of the choosing. Here this week, all entrants into the security barn are monitored and all treatments and feedings of the horses are logged.

"The barn is ridiculous," Romans said Thursday.

"There's too many horses in there doing the same things at the same times. There's too many people in there. There's three or four people for every horse, and everybody trying to walk in the afternoons and graze. It's just ridiculous.

"They could have found such an easier way to accommodate the horses, and I don't think anybody who set that barn up or made the rules was thinking about the horse."

I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Aanotherx-inset-community

Read more: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/06/ill-have-another-has-an-early-workout/1#.T9IhIZjNlus

=============
This is too bad I've been rooting for him since he won the Kentucky Derby.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

2I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Empty Re: I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:57 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
A sad ending to a promising race but at least they caught the injury in time, and thought enough of the horse to pull it..

3I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Empty Re: I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:38 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah, I have always thought they race them too early, that there bones and muscles are fully devolved yet.

4I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Empty Re: I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I love
Horse raising..I do think they race to early,,I think sometimes two yearlings is to soon

5I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Empty Re: I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:51 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
A two year old is raced in a shorter race than the older ones, I agree it can be a bit young we never raced ours until they were three, at two the knees are still closing and shin bucked is always a threat. Also two year olds carry a lighter weight.

6I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Empty Re: I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:01 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I loved when we raised horses. training was awesome.. I liked quarter horses

7I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Empty Re: I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:51 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Today on news ,not)(fox)about the horse,have another and what happened, but came on the tail end,,will see if I can find it somewhere~ I just realized, I posted after myself, but it was a post from a few weeks ago?

8I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Empty Re: I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:15 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
That's fine, its just 24 hours you have to think about.

Let us know what you find out.

9I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Empty Re: I'll Have Another is out of Belmont Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:22 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Ok will do.. Thanks~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]