You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

176What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
A big pot of Vegetable Beef soup,cornbread..Oatmeal cookies/fruit for dessert/

177What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
left overs...goooo me

178What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Just got finished frying some fresh jumbo shrimp and some oysters, big salad and some fried sweet potatoes.

179What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:06 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Wow sounds good, I love fried shrimp and oysters. We used to have a little local seafood restaurant here in town that was really just a hole in the wall, very rustic, and they made the best damn fried oysters and catfish I ever had, they closed many years ago because the owners tried cheating on his taxes and apparently owed millions. He was a small investor and owned several restaurants around the area, some small and others were big and fancy.

I bet you can make them as good if not better.

180What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I enjoy cooking and we are very lucky to have friends with shrimp boats so as long as the seasons are open I have access to all the fish, shrimp, oysters and crabs I want. I do try to freeze several hundred pounds a year. It is always nice to pull out a pack on a whim and cook something up.
I love the small restaurants seems the food is always prepared with more personal touches.

181What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Mini Chicken Pot Pies Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:53 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Mini Chicken Pot pies

1 can Grands biscuits (10)
1 lb. cooked chicken
1 can mushroom soup
2 cups mixed veggies
1 cup chedder cheese

Use a cupcake pan, place one biscuit per space , mold it into pan and hollow out the center leaving some on the bottom
mix veggies, soup and chicken season with salt and pepper, fill each biscuit with mixture
bake at 350 for 15 minutes but begin checking at 12 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle cheese on top of each one.

182What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:23 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Baked a pan of chicken wings, poured off the grease and covered them with spaghetti sauce, grated some parmesan cheese on top enough to be a thick layer, back into the oven for 15 min to heat the sauce and melt the cheese. A spinach salad with fresh mushrooms and bacon and baked acorn squash halves filled with butter and a hint of brown sugar.

183What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:04 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
I had a dream of chicken breasts with mango and avocado, so guess something along that line will be for supper, have to make the store run before the bad weather hits us today.

184What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:11 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I had a dream of breasts last night too but they weren't chicken breasts. What's For Supper ? - Page 8 729264

Its been really nice weather here lately no rain just tempts in the 70's and low 80's, wish it would stay that way.

185What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:45 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Well Mr. Smarty Pants my CHICKEN breasts came out really good.lol

186What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Pork loin in the crock pot, baked sweet potatoes, collard greens and corn bread, butterscotch and peach bread pudding just came out the oven. Good southern meal tonight.

187What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:41 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Chicken broccoli stir fry, with a bbq shrimp salad. Is has been hectic here, painting rooms and moving some stuff around.

188What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Decorating is hard work

I do not do a lot of cooking...not a lover of chicken or Brocolli. But I do like sprouts and peas.

I do not eat much. Just had Spaggetti and tomato sauce on Toast.

Sometimes I eat a dinner.

I like cold creamed rice pudding from a tin and tinned fruit like peaches.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

189What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:37 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I grew up eating a rice pudding that had raisins and cinnamon in it my mom made it homemade, I loved it . I do a lot of fruit a good fresh peach is my favorite but they are hard to find in the store, I loved traveling to the state of Georgia they grow them there and they were so sweet and juicy. We have a lot of citrus grown locally as well as strawberries and watermelon. I have several different fruit trees in my yard.

190What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
My Mother did rice pudding with grated nutmeg on top.
She used full cream milk and a yummy skin appeared on the top.
If I ate all the skin I got told off.

The fruit trees this year were poor, too much rain and not enough sun.

My Mother also made Treacle Toffee, I climbed up to see what was on top of the cupboard.
But I did not pinch any, I just looked forward to getting a piece.
I GOT NONE...DRAT The Piggies.

191What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:55 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Trying something new, BBQ blue crabs, you inject Italian dressing and grill until they are cooked. Also threw on some shrimp and veggies.

192What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
You eat a lot of fish food.
I thought crabs had an orange shell, perhaps your's have a blue shell.

Beef Stew and Dumplings to-night.

193What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:32 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
I am very close to the Gulf of Mexico and seafood is easy to find and fresh from the boats. I have friends with shrimp boats so it is easy to always have a supply. We have blue claw crabs, when you boil them they turn orange.

194What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I use to like shrimps but not King Prawns.

I saw a film of Cod being stored in huge blocks in a freezer, it was not used until 2 or 3 years later.
I use to like Cod in a Bag with parsley sauce ...ate it every day...then it started to taste funny.

Two boiled eggs to-night ... not very hungry to-day.

You are lucky to have fresh fish.

195What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Two boiled eggs thats all? I get the feeling you're very skinny judging by the things you've said you eaten in the past on this forum, also I kinda get the suspicion you might have a eating disorder. I once had as eating disorder brought on by drinking too much, but once I quit drinking the eating disorder corrected itself in a matter of days. I wasn't eating very much when I had the disorder, but now I eat a normal size meal everyday. I have always been an average weight size my entire life, I'm not fat or am I skinny, but when I had the eating disorder I was considerably underweight, but not anymore, I am the normal weight I'm suppose to be, not fat or skinny.

If you have a eating disorder I have no advice to give you other than seek out a doctor, my cure was to stop drinking, and I presume you don't drink.

196What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
hahaha SSC you are funny ...I am so normal ...

I weigh 170 pounds ... carrying a little extra fat because that is where I store my female hormones Estrogen. I am only 5ft 1"
I have a good skin and luxurious hair.(coloured brown to cover (some grey) My nails are good and grow very fast.

The reason for eating two boiled eggs is because I am fighting a head cold, a lot of people seem to have one. Also I do not use much energy because of my heart and age.
No I do not drink I did a little when I was a teenager. I never sit and do nothing.

I have done a lot of gardening in my life and use to sell plants from home.
I also belonged to many clubs including Photography Yoga and Oil Painting. I also use to be a Fund Raiser
and holding Jumble Sales. I have done loads of Boot sales sell
ing plants and my tot I no longer need. I took Piano lessons for years and passed exams. Knitting, embroidery. flower arranging.(learnt Shorthand, Typing but not my bag.)

So you see I am very normal. No disorders ... come from a very normal family. I had two very healthy children who have done well in there own way.

197What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:12 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well that's good to hear, I'm glad you're active and you're eating fine, but you should know runawayhorses wrote that post you thought SSC did.. Very Happy

198What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Well that's good to hear, I'm glad you're active and you're eating fine, but you should know runawayhorses wrote that post you thought SSC did.. Very Happy

I do not believe it...fooled again. What's For Supper ? - Page 8 477996
Oh well not feeling to good and concentrating levels are down.

Recipe for you....

RUM CAKE

Ingredients:
1 or 2 quarts of rum 1 cup butter
2 large eggs 1 cup dried fruit
baking powder 1 tsp baking soda
lemon juice brown sugar
Nuts

Directions”:

Before you start, sample the rum to check for
quality. Good, isn’t it? Now, do ahead. //Select a
large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the
rum again. It must be just right. To be sure that the
rum is of the highest quality, pour one level cup of it
into a glass and drink it fast as you can. With an
electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large, fluffy
bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of thugar and beat again.
Meanwhile, ensure that the rum is of the highest
quality - try another cup. Open the second quart if
necessary. Add 2 large legs, 2 cups of fried
ldruidruit, and beat until high. If druit gets stuck in
beater, just pry it loose with a drewscriber. Sample
the run again. checking for tonscicity. Next, sift 3
cups of pepper or salt (it really doesn’t matter).
Sample the rum again. Add one babblespoon of
thugar or whatever color you can find. Mix well.
Grease oven and turn cake pan to 350 degrees.
Now, pour the whole mess into the moven and ake.
Check the rum again and bo to ged. What's For Supper ? - Page 8 418907

199What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:47 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Oh yeah gotta check the rum!

You weren't fooled you just didn't pay attention to whos avatar is next to the posts and whos name, hers an mine are quite different. :)

200What's For Supper ? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Oh yeah gotta check the rum!

You weren't fooled you just didn't pay attention to whos avatar is next to the posts and whos name, hers an mine are quite different. :)

I gotta lazy left eye..Honest...

My dinner to-day was a fried bacon sandwich with brown sauce and two of Brian's chips.

Earlier on I had Brian's Celery soup with Butter Beans.

Brian likes to cook but often I dislike it. He want's to put mushrooms in everything.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum