You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

76What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:57 am

gypsy

gypsy
I like eating them, more than holding LOL

77What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:01 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
They are fascinated with our oranges, its like they can't believe they actually grow on trees!

I'm used to them I take them for granted. We live with orange groves all around us. When I was little we used to have orange fights, we'd pull the oranges off the trees and throw them at each other. Now I of course don't do that. We have an orange tree in our yard. I used to have a tangerine tree at our old house.

78What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:26 am

gypsy

gypsy
when we lived in Ontario California, we had a beautiful, little bungalow in the middle of an orchard,plums,oranges lemon all that good stuff, we were in Paradise for 2 years :)

79What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
We grow about the same over here, one parish is known for satsumas, Avery Island for the peppers Tabasco is made from, I have watermelons in the back yard but I also live on a river so the soil is rich, they are the sugar babies and very sweet and juicy. I have muscadins ripe and poms and kumquat and lemons and persimmons growing now, also bananas. My second crop of tomatoes (creole) and peppers, brusselsprouts and a slew of other things. Giving it away to neighbors I have frozen and canned all I want to plus dehydrated a bunch also.

80What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Damn you have it all goin on over there. I love the sweet watermelons you can't beat it. Of course moon will tell ya another kind of melon he likes but neither here nor there.. What's For Supper ? - Page 4 19239

In highschool we had it all going on, we had a big garden with everything you could think of. I was in the Ag department a part of the FFA. Our final exam was pickin peanuts. You had to fill 2 buckets or you flagged the semester. Obviously the academic terms weren't very demanding. I managed to fill 2 buckets and proudly moved forward to bigger and better things, and I eventually graduated from high school, a diploma I damn well earned.

81What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:06 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Now that is funny, I remember things we did for final grades that probably would get a school shut down now, once was who could blow the biggest bubble with their gum, think that was World History in the 11th grade.

82What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Supper tonight,Swedish meatballs, in Pepper gravy,mashed potato,sliced tomato,cucumbers and onion,Saute green beans with almonds- Dessert_ Banana nut muffins,a dab of real butter on top

Ice tea,with splenda,, also the muffins are made with splenda,for those who worry about my health, What's For Supper ? - Page 4 460456375 ,Bon A petite

83What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:41 pm

gypsy

gypsy
we did a really awesome end of school science project,we all had to write a remembrance,for that era,,signed our names,we then put it in a time capsule, metal box,,we buried it on school property,then we had made a rocket to celebrate our project,it was so much fun,,we were seniors,we all got an, A+ for participation To think in the future someday some one will read it all.it is fascinating that was 51 years ago.
runawayhorses wrote:Damn you have it all goin on over there. I love the sweet watermelons you can't beat it. Of course moon will tell ya another kind of melon he likes but neither here nor there.. What's For Supper ? - Page 4 19239

In highschool we had it all going on, we had a big garden with everything you could think of. I was in the Ag department a part of the FFA. Our final exam was pickin peanuts. You had to fill 2 buckets or you flagged the semester. Obviously the academic terms weren't very demanding. I managed to fill 2 buckets and proudly moved forward to bigger and better things, and I eventually graduated from high school, a diploma I damn well earned.

84What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:19 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Nice when you think someone is worried about your health, but I must say alot of other sugars in the meal.
I was reading about hidden things in food and one was a preservative made from a beaver musk gland in the butt..YUK

TGIF easy way tonight Subway sandwiches and watermelon smoothies

85What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 pm

gypsy

gypsy
My supper,cold plate consists of>Kentucky Ham,Deviled eggs ,cheddar cheese,celery sticks,tomato,homemade dill pickles,black pepper triscut crackers>> ice tea or lemonade

86What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:00 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:My supper,cold plate consists of>Kentucky Ham,Deviled eggs ,cheddar cheese,celery sticks,tomato,homemade dill pickles,black pepper triscut crackers>> ice tea or lemonade
No cold corona's with that? What's For Supper ? - Page 4 19239

87What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:53 pm

gypsy

gypsy
nope, sure don't want to give the wrong impression,I have been called drunken to many times. an occasional beer,wine makes one a drunk? What's For Supper ? - Page 4 37361

88What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:51 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Oh yes, wine will make you very drunk if you drink enough of it. In fact some wines have more alcohol in it than beer. So all that time you have had wine before you didn't feel anything? It could be you're devolving an immunity towards alcohol. That means your body is becoming accustomed to it so it feels normal to you. You feel ad-normal when you don't have any alcohol.

You have to break the cycle so not having any alcohol is what feels normal, and having alcohol feels ad-normal. That takes a lot of time not having any alcohol. But the cycle will break and you will be free from it.

89What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:36 pm

gypsy

gypsy
HUH! one glass doesn't make me drunk but, it does make me feel fuzzy and warm What's For Supper ? - Page 4 729264 notice the word Occasional~

90What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:16 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Supper tonight>tortilla soup,pepper triscuit crackers with melted cheddar cheese,a drop of Louisiana hot sauce on top, a fruit salad with sponge cake.your choice of drink I have bit of everything! Very Happy

91What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:58 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Marinated crabs with grilled jumbo shrimp,grilled corn and mushrooms, coleslaw and banana smoothies

92What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:23 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Supper tonight is simple and light, Chef salad,crackers, Chocolate chip cookies>homemade.
Ice tea.

93What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I made my homemade spaghetti and garlic bread yesterday for dinner and there is plenty leftover, so I'm having that tonight. I'm having a ice-tea with that. smile

94What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:54 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I love Spaghetti left over,the flavors meld, and tastes more gooder I cook my sauce the day before,put in fridge, let flavors have sex LOL and then its good What's For Supper ? - Page 4 729264

95What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:00 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Since it is a mad house here with hurricane preparations I did sloppy roastbeef poboys and potato salad dessert is a fresh fruit cup with various yougart and granola toppings.

96What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Supper tonight >Deer Sausage, made by a friend, fried potatoes,green beans,cornbread sliced tomato>>chocolate cupcakes. ice tea.

97What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Hurricane food, cold cuts, fruit, snacks and Popeyes chicken, not cooking anything major till this storm has passed, but it is here for sure now.

98What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:18 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Hamburger Steaks with mushrooms and onions ,Mac and cheese, succotash,sliced tomato>> Ice Tea >Pumpkin Squares for dessert.

99What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:26 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Lights back on BBQ chicken, baked beans and potato salad and back to normal

100What's For Supper ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:54 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Happy Saturday, canceled the trip to Mo. due to our storm, seems to be a good bit of looting in the area so keeping the trusty 38 handy for 2 legged -4 legged and crawling varmits.
Menu is simple sloopy roast beef poboys, fried squash, fried dill pickles and fried bell pepper rings. Kids will be piling back in soon they went to help hand out food and water and my daughter is working ..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum