You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Computers Verse Real Life Empty Computers Verse Real Life Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I often wonder where our society is going with computers, how many hours will we lose in our life doing things online, when without computers we would have been doing other things. Obviously this will have an impact on our accomplishments and our enjoyments we get out of our lives, it will impact the human race as a whole. But isn't everything we do part of our evolution? Aren't computers meant to be as much as the invention of the fishing poll? Of course it is we have no set direction that we're suppose to take or is there a "right" or a "wrong" way to go. The plan of the human race is not carved in stone in any direction. We make our own destiny. Its interesting to recognize that nothing we do is wrong as a human species.

Take planet earth for example, we cannot do anything to this planet that is wrong or bad because there is no wrong or bad, if we destroy it or if we preserve it, that is the way it was meant to be as much as any other way, because there is not set plan that we are suppose to take. If we destroy this planet to the extent that it will not support human life anymore other life will spawn from it, maybe it 10 years, maybe 10,000 years, but by destroying the earth as we know it will give another lifeform the opportunity to develop or be "created". An environment that is bad for us can be good for another.

Its said that the human race spawned from the oceans, that happened because the land was the correct conditions to support a life such as ours. Life creates from elements all over the earth, scientists say that new lifeforms are created everyday, so what direction that is taken from that life-form is a natural as a blade of grass, even if it means the human race destroys the environment that supports his life on earth, it is as nature as anything we could possibly do, because there is no set direction we are suppose to take. We were not meant to live forever, the human race was not meant to continue for eternity, because there is no direction or things we were "meant" to do. The earth doesn't care what we do to it, we can't hurt it because it supports all kinds of lifeforms, and it would support another life-form that could live in an environment that we destroyed. We can't be so arrogant as to think the earth wants to support our life, it doesnt, it doesn't care. If it actually did care maybe it wishes we would shoot ourselves in the foot and destroy the earths ability to support our life because its tired of us, its bored. No the earth doesn't think like we do or care, thats our job to think like humans, and put self-importance on ourselves to the extent we think its morally wrong to destroy the earths environment to support our lives.

Alot to swallow in one post, I know, its just what I was thinking at the moment so I wrote it. I like to document my thoughts sometimes.

2Computers Verse Real Life Empty Re: Computers Verse Real Life Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
So! you have just tied my brain up in knots. For which I call Tommy Rot.

There is no reason WHY! only to live and die.

There must be many older people and those who are infirm that find the Computer very useful for learning and communicating. To express one's thoughts and ideas; exchange information.

I think that this Forum is important for that.

Creative pursuits are also possible on a computer.

Hours lost on a computer is not so, using our brains is a good thing.

Our planet is unstable, we cannot control it very well.

The computer opens our eyes to many things good and bad.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

3Computers Verse Real Life Empty Re: Computers Verse Real Life Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:31 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes I agree, I did not mean to say the time was 'lost' or wasted on the computer, but rather time would have been 'spent' doing other things had computers not been invented. I think computers are great and I spend a lot of time on them. If I were to lose my computer I would be very upset and miserable, I'm aware of this fact and realize just how important the computer is to me and other people. Its a fantastic learning tool and information source, I don't want to imagine being without it.

But what would we be doing right now if we weren't on our computers?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum