You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SSC

SSC
Admin
. As Rutgers Students Run Off Condi Rice Over the Iraq War, Here are 29 Democrats Who Approved It
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/135117-condi-rice-backs-rutgers-iraq-war-protest-x-democrats-voted/

By Justen Charters 12 mins ago
condeleazza-rice

Former Secreatary of State Condoleezza Rice has made the decision to decline an invitation to speak at Rutger’s graduation ceremony.

The choice comes as a result of students protesting Rice’s roll in the Iraq war, which she has called a “distraction.”   Here was Ms. Rice’s statement:
Condoleezza Rice
Public Figure · 250,764 Likes
· 6 hrs ·

Commencement should be a time of joyous celebration for the graduates and their families. Rutgers' invitation to me to speak has become a distraction for the university community at this very special time.

I am honored to have served my country. I have defended America's belief in free speech and the exchange of ideas. These values are essential to the health of our democracy. But that is not what is at issue here. As a Professor for thirty years at Stanford University and as it's former Provost and Chief academic officer, I understand and embrace the purpose of the commencement ceremony and I am simply unwilling to detract from it in any way.

Good luck to the graduates and congratulations to the families, friends and loved ones who will gather to honor them.

Funny thing is, these protesters are almost certainly Democrats.

The following is a list of Democratic Senators who voted back in 2002 for American military intervention into Iraq.

As you can clearly see, Hillary Clinton is at the top of the list. Here was the future Secretary of State’s speech on the use of force in Iraq:

Take a deep breath, here goes:

Clinton (D-NY), Yea
       Baucus (D-MT) Yea
       Bayh (D-IN), Yea
       Biden (D-DE), Yea
       Breaux (D-LA), Yea
       Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
       Carnahan (D-MO), Yea
       Carper (D-DE), Yea
       Cleland (D-GA), Yea
       Daschle (D-SD), Yea
       Dodd (D-CT), Yea
       Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
       Edwards (D-NC), Yea
       Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
       Harkin (D-IA), Yea
       Hollings (D-SC), Yea
       Johnson (D-SD), Yea
       Kerry (D-MA), Yea
       Kohl (D-WI), Yea
       Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
       Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
       Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
       Miller (D-GA), Yea
       Nelson (D-FL), Yea
       Nelson (D-NE), Yea
       Reid (D-NV), Yea
       Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
       Schumer (D-NY), Yea
       Torricelli (D-NJ), Yea

Those were just the Democratic Senators – three of them former or current members of the Obama administration: Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and John Kerry.

Current Senate Majority Harry Reid is also on the list, as are liberal stalwarts Charles Schumer and Dianne Feinstein. 82 Democrats in the House authorized the use of force.

Now if Hillary runs in 2016, or if any of these Democrats give a commencement speech at a college like Rutgers, we hope to see the same protesters at their events.

You know, because they’re intellectually honest like that (and if they don’t, maybe they’re “racist” against black Republicans?). So much for being open-minded and tolerant, Rutgers.

gypsy

gypsy
of course they did they were lied to/ by Bush/Cheney

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I don't think you should reply to SSC's posts anymore since she just announced she has you on ignore. So please refrain from replying to her until she takes you off ignore. This is so her posts don't get swamped with replies she cannot see so she can reply back to defend her positions if needed. thanks

gypsy

gypsy
Sounds good to me., that will be very easy for me..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Ok that's good. I'm just trying to help stop any problems before they get started. Thanks for your understanding.  As Rutgers Students Run Off Condi Rice Over the Iraq War, Here are 29 Democrats Who Approved It 67629 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum