Kosher salt and ground black pepper
About 2 cups best-quality olive oil, or as needed
Grated zest of 2 lemons
3 cloves garlic, peeled and green germ removed
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons salt-cured capers, rinsed well and drained
1/4 cup pitted calamata olives
Lemon olive oil or freshly squeezed lemon juice, for sprinkling
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place cauliflower in a large bowl, and season to taste with
salt and pepper. Toss by hand to distribute seasonings. Pour about  1/3 cup olive oil over
the cauliflower and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet, and roast until browned and
tender, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Remove from oven and allow
to cool.

2. While cauliflower roasts, in a small saucepan combine lemon zest, garlic, thyme and
1 cup olive oil. Place pan over medium-low heat until bubbles form; do not boil. Cook
until garlic is soft, about 20 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour cooled
mixture in a blender, and blend on lowest speed to purée.

3. In a separate small saucepan, combine capers, olives and  1/2 cup olive oil. Warm over
medium-low heat for 5 minutes.

4. Transfer cauliflower to a large serving bowl. Pour over about half the lemon-garlic oil,
and toss gently to coat. (Reserve remainder for another use.) Spoon over caper-olive oil
mixture and toss once more. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, sprinkle
with lemon olive oil or fresh lemon juice to taste.

2Roasted Caulliflower Empty Re: Roasted Caulliflower Fri May 30, 2014 5:06 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
sounds good, only thing I would do is reduce the salt amount, I had posted something like this also my bunch won't eat capers but it sounds good

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum