You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why the new VA bill  will pass Empty Why the new VA bill will pass Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:40 am

gypsy

gypsy
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/06/06/bernie-sanders-rachel-maddow-explain-bill-fix-va-pass.html

Before bringing in Sen. Sanders (I-VT), Rachel Maddow said, “Apparently, behind the scenes Sen. Sanders was working out some sort of a compromise deal with a Republican senator named John McCain, and because they were able to come to an agreement, that should mean that it won’t just be Sen. Sanders bringing up this bill again, and the Republicans all standing up against it. This could mean that the Republicans will actually vote for the bill.”

Sen. Sanders said, “In terms of the latter point, I think with Sen. McCain on board, I think with a number of Republicans on board, I think we stand a very good chance of getting something significant passed. To be very honest with you, this bill does not go anywhere near as far as I would like to go in addressing the very serious problems within the veterans’ community and within the VA, but it does a lot of very good things.”

The bill did two huge things that will go a long way towards helping the issues at the VA. The bill provides $500 million for the hiring of more doctors and staff at the VA, and it funds the construction of 26 new clinics to that will help veterans get the care that they deserve.

With McCain behind the bill, it is virtually guaranteed to get to a final vote, and it very likely that the bill will pass sometime next week. After all of the attention that this latest VA scandal has gotten, it wouldn’t be surprising if the bill got between 70-80 yes votes.

What happens to the bill after it leaves the Senate and goes to the House will be another story. House Republicans have shown zero interest in providing more funding and resources to the VA, but the political pressure on John Boehner to bring the Sanders/McCain bill to the House floor for a vote will be intense. If Boehner allows the House to vote on it, I suspect the bill will pass.

Sen. Sanders has once again delivered, and the real winners if this bill comes law, will be veterans who will finally be able to get the care that they deserve.
Bernie Sanders and Rachel Maddow Explain Why the Bill To Fix The VA Will Pass was written by Jason Easley for PoliticusUSA.
© PoliticusUSA, Fri, Jun 6th, 2014 — All Rights Reserved

You may also be interested in...

Republicans Care About Vets So Much That They Blocked a Bill Expanding Veterans BenefitsRepublicans Care About Vets So Much That They Blocked a Bill Republicans have been crying a river of crocodile tears over how much they care about veterans, but back in February, Senate Republicans blocked a bill that would have expanded veterans' benefits because it was, "too expensive."
Bernie Sanders Blasts Republicans For Trying to Torpedo Veterans Bill With Iran SanctionsBernie Sanders Blasts Republicans For Trying to Torpedo… Sen. Bernie Sanders blasted Senate Republicans today for trying to betray the nation's veterans by attempting to kill the veterans bill with a demand for sanctions against Iran.
Bernie Sanders Proposes Bill to Help End Veteran Homelessness By 2015Bernie Sanders Proposes Bill to Help End Veteran… Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) along with Republican Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) introduced a bill today that would help to end homelessness among military veterans by 2015.
Bernie Sanders Terrifies Republicans By Pointing Out We Have a War, Not a VA ProblemBernie Sanders Terrifies Republicans By Pointing Out We Have Here is a statement that is sure to terrify Republicans. On MSNBC today, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) discussed how the nation has a war problem, not a VA problem.
The Senate Passes Bernie Sanders’ Plan to Create 400,000 New JobsThe Senate Passes Bernie Sanders’ Plan to Create… As part of the immigration bill, the Senate has passed Bernie Sanders plan to create 400,000 new jobs for America's unemployed young people.
2 Responses to Bernie Sanders and Rachel Maddow Explain Why the Bill To Fix The VA Will Pass

2Why the new VA bill  will pass Empty Re: Why the new VA bill will pass Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:58 am

gypsy

gypsy
It would not let me vclean up my post. I triedseveral times

3Why the new VA bill  will pass Empty Re: Why the new VA bill will pass Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:17 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I got most of it I think without really reading to thoroughly through it.

4Why the new VA bill  will pass Empty Re: Why the new VA bill will pass Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:33 am

gypsy

gypsy
Thanks Mark.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum