You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i could not find an embed in this video in the article

http://defense.aol.com/2011/07/22/p-8-sub-killer-plane-makes-first-flight/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl10%7Csec1_lnk1%7C220205

The first production version of Boeing's first P-8A Poseidon took off and completed its first successful flight.

The plane flew June 21 from Renton Field, where it is assembled, to Boeing Field in Seattle, where mission systems will be installed. It is the first of six low-rate initial production aircraft for the Navy, part of a $1.6 billion contract awarded in January.

The Navy plans to buy 117 of the 737-based aircraft. The P-8 is designed to hunt and kill submarines as well as surface ships. On top of that, it is designed to replace the prop-driven P-3 and serve as one of the Navy's primary intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft.

"This is the first P-8 that will go directly to the fleet in Jacksonville, Fla., so the aircraft's first flight is an important milestone for the Boeing team and our Navy customer," said Chuck Dabundo, Boeing vice president and P-8 program manager.

This plane should be delivered to the Navy next year. The Indian Navy plans to buy eight P-8I long-range aircraft for $2.1 billion.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I would have liked to see it but I couldn't get the link to work. Its trying to load the page but its not working. I'll try again later.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:I would have liked to see it but I couldn't get the link to work. Its trying to load the page but its not working. I'll try again later.

maybe it will work , it worked for me today the 28th,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I just checked the site again it say "Waiting for b.scorecardresarch.com". So something is not loading. Its a site that AOL posted so I'm not really surprised. I catch it on youtube. thanks

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i just tryed it again and it worked, and im not on aol when i view it, so im not sure whats up, but aol has some good news articles, on the welcome screen, like i said i keep it for dial up if cable goes out and free tech support on the phone,, and its just 6.99 a month,and i like the way the aol mail works more than aol internet mail, but whatever ,, i need sleep lol

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I tried it again just now and it still wouldn't load. I think my computer is blocking that site from loading, it must be my security settings in one of the programs I have running, but I think its not allowing it to load for some reason. I'm sure its a safe site but one of my programs doesn't like it..lol I'll just forget about going to that site my puter doesn't want to go..lol

I'll see if I can find something on youtube,

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yep u probably can find it on utube, the cable ppl are calling wanting me to do a bundle with them for 2 year special price,, they could save me money, but the phone company is putting up new cables here because in about a week they will be offering i think its called uverse, anyway 2 ppl at work went on it and like it, tv and internet and phone with free long distance i think over the phone lines, along with a bundle, with cell phones and the works,but i would not want the cell phone part im on verizon and its the only company that i get service at the lake, everyone uses my phone at the lake, anyway they really like the tv part and i ask one guy that is smart he programs our cnc machine . to run the parts, tons of stuff he has to know, codes that make the machine turn and do all kinds of thing, tells it when to change tools, its all automatic, anyway, i asked about speed, he said he has like 20 megs, i have 12 megs, which is fine, im not big on change, but the cable company called, and does have a 1 year plan that i would not be penalized, for dropping it, and i would get a free ddr i think its called, im still just on a vcr, since i dont do much recording, but its going out , and u cant find hardly a vcr,, i told the gal i will do compairing with the phone company, but i got her email and will email her if i decide to just get the ddr with the special price that would save me 17 bucks a month for a year, i forgot to ask her the price it goes to in a year, i got to hit the highway , and do some things, back later

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum