You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Learning stuff: Empty Learning stuff: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:01 am

I'm an obvious beginner,so I invite ALL AND ANY comments or suggestions saying what could I do that would be easier. This shouldn't have taken so many steps.

I used a tivo'ed recording of some of FOX news Thursday morning show about Avril Levine.

1. Using an "honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 HD" converter USB plug-in device, I burned the interview onto a DVD-RW disc.

2. I left clicked on my "anyvideoconverter" link on my desktop. Left clicked on "add video"

3. Left clicked on "computer"

4. Right clicked on "D driver".

5. Left clicked "open".

6. Right clicked on "Video TS" file to open it

7. Left clicked on "VTS 01 1" file (because it had the little "play" icon on it) so it would appear on the list, and then left clicked the "convert" button and let it convert to a WMV file.

8. Moved the created WMV file to my "pictures" folder so the new file would automatically show up on my PICASA page.

9. Used PICASA to trim it a little.

10. Uploaded the new WMV file to You tube, got the embed code, and posted it here.

This worked perfectly but there must be a shorter way.

2Learning stuff: Empty Re: Learning stuff: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:31 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I don't have the equipment to put TV material onto a computer, so I don't know any shortcuts. Good Job on the Avril Lavigne video.

3Learning stuff: Empty Re: Learning stuff: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:25 pm

runawayhorses wrote:I don't have the equipment to put TV material onto a computer, so I don't know any shortcuts. Good Job on the Avril Lavigne video.
I got this honestech device so I could capture Austin City Limits, etc. It works very well but I can't get it to just create a file. It goes straight to a CD or DVD burn.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum