You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Anheuser Busch Empty Anheuser Busch Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:55 am

gypsy

gypsy
Anheuser-Busch reportedly agrees to InBev sale

By CHRISTOPHER LEONARD, AP Business Writer 2 hours, 7 minutes ago

ST. LOUIS - Anheuser-Busch agreed to be acquired by Belgian brewer InBev for about $52 billion in a deal that would shift ownership of the nation's largest brewer overseas, The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The deal, which is subject to shareholders' and regulators' approval, would create the world's largest brewer and create the fourth-largest consumer product company worldwide. The newspaper cited anonymous sources who said Anheuser-Busch-InBev would be the new company's name and Anheuser would have two seats on the board.

Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. did not return messages seeking comment Sunday evening.

The newspaper said the deal was for $70 a share, a $5 increase over the offer Anheuser-Busch rejected in June.

InBev, the maker of Stella Artois and Becks, is the world's second-largest beer-maker behind SABMiller. Anheuser-Busch is by far the largest brewer in the U.S. with more than 48 percent of the market share.

It wasn't immediately clear how long approval might take from regulators and shareholders. Several Missouri politicians have expressed concerns about the merger — especially how it would affect the approximate 6,000 people employed by Anheuser-Busch in St. Louis.

InBev has said it plans to use St. Louis as its North American headquarters, and that it will keep open all 12 of Anheuser-Busch's North American breweries.

InBev SA announced its intent to try and purchase Anheuser-Busch on June 11. The Anheuser-Busch board initially voted against the merger, calling the initial $65 per share offer too low.

That prompted much squabbling between the companies over the past few weeks. InBev filed a motion seeking the removal of all 13 Anheuser-Busch board members; Anheuser-Busch filed suit calling the InBev effort an "illegal scheme" that threatened to defraud Anheuser-Busch shareholders. Among other things, the suit noted that InBev failed to disclose it operates a brewery in Cuba.

So it was with some surprise when reports surfaced on Friday that the two companies were sitting down for merger talks, reportedly after InBev upped its offer by $5 to $70 per share.

The merger, if completed, will bring to an end one of the most iconic names in American business, and a name synonymous with St. Louis. From college buildings to offices to the stadium where the Cardinals play, the Busch name is virtually everywhere in the Gateway City.

Eberhard Anheuser acquired the Bavarian brewery in 1860 and renamed it E. Anheuser & Co. His son-in-law, Adolphus Busch, joined the company in 1864 and it was eventually renamed Anheuser-Busch

2Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:15 pm

Perhaps this "Globalization" will end Jesse Jackon's continuous extortion of millillions of dollars of "donations" to Jackson's "Rainbow Coalition". I doubt it though, rats are uncanny at finding holes in safes.

3Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:10 pm

I dont care, what those Belgians do.
I stick to Heineken :-)

4Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:17 pm

gypsy

gypsy
heehee I like Heineken~~ good beer~

5Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:43 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy if Mays stops to fast your nose is sure gonna be brown. Anheuser Busch 729264

6Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:10 pm

gypsy

gypsy
does that bother u Miz trouble ?or is it something else? Anheuser Busch 503179

7Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:14 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Just glad you have a coach to help you with your posts, some of your subjects are so like Mays words and not yours, but what ever floats your boat. Rolling Eyes

8Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:19 pm

gypsy

gypsy
oh if i could be so intelligent~~.. thank you~~ Anheuser Busch 729264 lol! Anheuser Busch 503179 Laughing

9Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:41 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
to what, down America and post totally negative articles on our economy, some hero you have picked Anheuser Busch 530120

10Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:51 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Do u want to fight ,miz Trouble? was i talking to u? i said i like heineken beer, what does that have to do with heroes or negativity? where have I downed america,just stating facts madame,if u don't like my posts, which by the way are totaly mine, from my own mind~,don't read them..

thank u for comparing me with some one as intelligent as Mays.. i appreciate that~ now tell me again u want to start trouble!!

if u do carry on,you can do it by yourself.. i have had my defensive say..

toodle le do Anheuser Busch 457757

11Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:38 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
for my part they could close all beer brewerys in the world, lol, i hate even the smell, lol, kinda wonder if busch gardens ammusment parks willl change names, i will admit i kinda just skimed the post about it, take care.

mays stops feeding gypsy articles, lol, and where did yall hide tyro is he feeding gypsy post???just who is feeding u post gypsy,, lol

12Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:47 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Anheuser Busch 592180

13Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:49 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Mays my favorite beer is michalob ultra,and corona,then coors, got a liking for corona when we were in mexico`

14Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:19 pm

rosco 357 wrote:for my part they could close all beer brewerys in the world, lol, i hate even the smell, lol, kinda wonder if busch gardens ammusment parks willl change names, i will admit i kinda just skimed the post about it, take care.

mays stops feeding gypsy articles, lol, and where did yall hide tyro is he feeding gypsy post???just who is feeding u post gypsy,, lol
Two points: (a) How anyone can appreciate the taste of beer escapes me. Ya mean that refrigerated pee is supposed to taste good? Really? (b) Myself, Roscoe. SSC. Figi, and Tyler are clearly identified. Those who need help should be pitied.

15Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
:Figi And Tyler, yes i agree with you,not so sure with the other three you mentioned. but we all have something to say,and our opinions are just as important..just a few of us aren't smart assed about it, and jump on ever post made by who you, and others don't like~

16Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:19 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gee gypsy do u drink straight out of the keg with a hose, lmao.

17Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:22 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Anheuser Busch 592180 have a nice night Rosco` Anheuser Busch 393252

18Anheuser Busch Empty oh ok this explains alot, Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:25 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Mays my favorite beer is michalob ultra,and corona,then coors, got a liking for corona when we were in mexico`

this gussling explains alot about ur post, we all should keep this in mind as we read,,

19Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:17 am

gypsy

gypsy
again I Anheuser Busch 592180 Rosco. no i didn't guzzle~ or even drink more than a couple beers or glass of wine`.. are you having fun? i hope so~ see all ya'll thursday..

20Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:50 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote::Figi And Tyler, yes i agree with you,not so sure with the other three you mentioned. but we all have something to say,and our opinions are just as important..just a few of us aren't smart assed about it, and jump on ever post made by who you, and others don't like~

Wasn't being a smartass..just laying down the obvious facts, when I want to be a smartass you will be the first to know about it.
I firmly believe in opinions but they are kinda like assholes everyone has one , some are just more important than others.

21Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:54 am

gypsy

gypsy
oh I am sure I will,and have!! so I can just ignore u as usual~~

Anheuser Busch 37361

22Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:01 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Geeeezz there is a god cheers

23Anheuser Busch Empty Re: Anheuser Busch Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:38 am

gypsy