You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This alligator Empty This alligator Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:20 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
not sure where this gator was taken This alligator Gator
Joe Goff, 6'5' tall, a game warden, walks past the 28-foot, 1-inch alligator he shot and killed in their back yard.

Last edited by rosco 357 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

2This alligator Empty Re: This alligator Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:28 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
wow..Roscoe, we could eat for a year off that bad boy....

3This alligator Empty Re: This alligator Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:16 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
No thank you, I think I'll have a Big Mac from McDonalds instead, that doesn't look appetizing one little bit, in fact, just the opposite. Yuck

I'm very selective about what I eat, there are certian guidelines that must be met or I will refuse to eat it, one of which is, it must be readily available and common at most grocery stores (US) and/or restaurants, No exceptions..lol

4This alligator Empty Re: This alligator Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:13 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
lol..no sense of adventure..come to Cajun country gater is on every menu

5This alligator Empty Re: This alligator Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:17 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Wow, its not common around here at all, and you would think that it would be too, but I can't even think of a single place right now. The only time I ever seen anyone eating it was at a football tailgate party and they cooked it themselves. But I also think its illegal to hunt them here. Not sure now, but the last time I read it was indeed illegal.

6This alligator Empty Re: This alligator Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:04 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Wow, its not common around here at all, and you would think that it would be too, but I can't even think of a single place right now. The only time I ever seen anyone eating it was at a football tailgate party and they cooked it themselves. But I also think its illegal to hunt them here. Not sure now, but the last time I read it was indeed illegal.

i had some at the resterant " live bait" in gulf shores, one thing , on these pics, i got in email form a guy i have worked with at other places too, we decided ofcourse the pics are real , but the location is not correct, one i did not post had an alligator in they said weiss lake. with a whole big deer in its mouth swimming taken from a helicopter, but we talked at work and weiss lake is mostly deep as the photo on that showed lots or real clear shallow water, so i think someone is pulling someones leg on the location these gators were taken, i thought they lifted the ban on killing gators, but it may be different in florida, take care

7This alligator Empty Re: This alligator Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:16 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah a few years ago they put a ban on hunting them, and that's what I was remembering, but they have a season of the year for hunting them now, but I'm not sure of the dates.

8This alligator Empty Re: This alligator Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:24 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Louisiana has a lottery system for the harvesting , even tho the gaters are everywhere they are still considered endangered, so only a certain amount are allowed harvested each year

9This alligator Empty Re: This alligator Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:22 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
welll it makes sence they can take some , as the resterants have them unless yall are eating only the ones that die of old age,and natural causes, lol,,teasing, take care,

10This alligator Empty Re: This alligator Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:41 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
very funny Rosco...I am not picky I love the meat...my hubby was in the lottery system, you had to bid back to the state a percentage you would turn over to them, he just liked catching them, so we usually bid 95%, it was a culture shock coming from the mid-west and going in to the swamp to catch them, at first it scared the crap out of me especially when we would roll a 15-16 foot one into the boat, been a few times they weren't dead and action picked up . Had one eat my boat paddle..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum