You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Senior Citizens Empty Senior Citizens Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:37 pm

gypsy

gypsy
very self-important college freshman attending a recent football game, took it upon himself to explain to a
senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

'You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one,' the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear. 'The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon, our spaceships have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing and,' pausing to take another drink of beer.

The Senior took advantage of the break in the student's litany and said, 'You're right, son. We didn't have
those things when we were young........so we invented them. Now, you arrogant little shit, what are you doing for the next generation?'
The applause was resounding..I love senior citizens

Senior Citizens 592180

2Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:42 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Very funny! and so true, I love it. :)

This video somehow seems appropriate

Bucky Covington - A Different World

Last edited by runawayhorses on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:45 pm

gypsy

gypsy
he is a very good singer, i like him~ a good song~

4Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:48 pm

Thank you both. Marc

5Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:25 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
You know, reading that again, the only reason I can see why the old man is being rude to the college freshman is becuase he "took it upon himself to explain", and he said it "loud enough for many of those nearby to hear" but other than that I can see no justifiable reason when everything the freshman said is true, but it seems to be the general attitude some of the "older generation" have towards to younger crowd, and thus is why they can relate to it. I hope I never get that like that and start acting like an ass towards people younger than me when they tell me how outdated my generation is to them. I think it would be interesting to hear what they think and say, and I'll probably get a laugh out of it, and tell them they're right!

6Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
that is a email that has been making the rounds for a few years , i got it many years ago, but may have been changed some,

Last edited by rosco 357 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

7Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:31 am

gypsy

gypsy
I am a senior citizen with four grandboys we tease each on the generation gap,all the time.. i guess there will always be one~ if it is bothering others,i don't mind u removing it Tyler..

8Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:32 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah that doesn't matter, I know its a joke, but its the reason why its funny and why people can relate to it was my point. I know its a joke.

9Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:33 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Holy shit no Gypsy, forget it.

10Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:34 am

gypsy

gypsy
I didn't change anything, this came from a schoolfriend of mine..I think it is funny because I didn't see where the elder guy was trying to carry on a convo~>(

11Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:37 am

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:Holy shit no Gypsy, forget it.

ok well anyway i love the song, but it doesn't fit all my family life my mom never smoked or drink~LOL but the rest is like exactl

12Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:40 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
rosco 357 wrote:that is a email that has been making the rounds for a few years , i got it many years ago, but may have been changed some,
i did not mean anyone changed it here, i ment when email is online for many years it takes different forms, or slight changes, i also did not mean it was not a good post, only i rememeber seeing it, its a good post,

13Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I should post some really crude jokes so you can see how I'm not easily offended, good grief, I wasn't even thinking along those lines of needing to remove that post, something tame like that would never enter my mind to do that. It wasn't crude or anything, it was funny.

14Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:49 am

gypsy

gypsy
thank u Tyler I thought it was, and Hooray for the sharp minded old man, this generation wouldn't have all this if the last generation hadn't invented it, an so forth on back`:)

15Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Moose

Moose
George Carlin's Views on Aging

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

'How old are you?' 'I'm four and a half!' You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

'How old are you?' 'I'm gonna be 16!' You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life . . You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony . YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30 ; you REACH bedtime And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; 'I Was JUST 92.'

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. 'I'm 100 and a half!'
May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!

http://mooses-site.tripod.com/

16Senior Citizens Empty Re: Senior Citizens Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:00 pm

gypsy

gypsy
that is so true moose, i liked that post~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum