You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:04 pm

gypsy

gypsy
toast nine grain bread ,two slices
spreat peanut butter on both sides,
add jelly ..
pour a cold class of milk and eat,yumm and very quick~ a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich 393252

2a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:16 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:toast nine grain bread ,two slices
spreat peanut butter on both sides,
add jelly ..
pour a cold class of milk and eat,yumm and very quick~ a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich 393252

i dont drink milk its not good for u, i have not bought milk in 5 years, as per drs, orders, lol,,

3a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty A cold glass of skim milk Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:22 pm

gypsy

gypsy
is good for u unless ur allergic to it~,my doc said drink at least eight ounces perday`

4a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:29 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
skim milk maybe, whole milk is loaded in sugar and fats

5a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty yes I mean't skim mild Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
the part that is bad, is the steroids some farmers give their cows, and the antibiotics they use~ I buy milk from our local dairy, they say they don't use them..~

6a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:33 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:the part that is bad, is the steroids some farmers give their cows, and the antibiotics they use~ I buy milk from our local dairy, they say they don't use them..~

my mom had 5 bypass surgery, the dr said no milk, no red meat, no shell fish like shrimp or any shell fish has lots of colesteral, or liver or any organ meat, he said bypass arteries clog up faster that original ones, so she was skinny and took colesteral meds, but her body just made colesteral he said, so 5 yearss is all she lived, and was totally blocked, up, and died during a arteriorgram, the girls dr when they were off formula,, would not let them drink milk over 2 percent fat, ,

7a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty oh,, Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:37 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
GREEN TEA<<

8a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:50 pm

gypsy

gypsy
whatever rosco!!my doc did not put me on that much of a restriction .. i can have skim milk, even 1%, shrimp, there are good fats like olive oil..which is good for u.. omegas from fish and seafood,I can eat most of that u named in moderation~

9a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:14 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Green tea is great, my hubby has to drink the soy milk, his cardiologist said absolutely NO milk. I will never get him to stop seafood, but as with every health condition it is all in moderation.

10a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Hormone added to milk Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:25 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Milk: America’s Health Proble

Why is American Milk Banned in Europe?

American dairy milk is genetically-modified unless it’s labeled “NO rBGH”
Genetically-engineered bovine growth hormone (rBGH) in milk increases cancer risks.
American dairy farmers inject rBGH to dairy cows to increase milk production.

European nations and Canada have banned rBGH to protect citizens from IGF-1 hazards.

Monsanto Co., the manufacturer of rBGH, has influenced U. S. product safety laws permitting the sale of unlabeled rBGH milk. (Monsanto would lose billions of dollars if rBGH were banned in America.)

Q. Is there any milk not contaminated with rBGH and IGF-1?
A. Yes. Milk that is clearly labeled “NO rBGH” is free of rBGH and does not contain excess levels of IGF-1.

Q. What about cheeses?
A. American-made cheeses are contaminated with rBGH and excess levels of IGF-1 unless they’re labeled “NO rBGH”. Imported European cheeses are safe since Europe has banned rBGH.

Follow the links below for details:

Dangers of IGF-1 in Milk include Breast, Colon and Prostate Cancers

Cancer Risks from IGF-1. Monsanto’s Hormonal Milk…

Breast Cancer Risks from rBGH (Press Conference)

Colon and Breast Cancer Risks from rBGH (Press Conference)

Prostate Cancer Risks from IGF-1 press release

FDA allows rBGH to endanger Milk

United Nations ban on rBGH, Monsanto’s Genetically Modified Milk…

Scientific Article on rBGH (1990) “Potential Public Health Hazards of Biosynthetic Milk Hormones”

Scientific Article on IGF-1 (1996) “Unlabeled Milk from Cows Treated with Biosynthetic Growth Hormones”

IGF-1 and Milk: Q&A

Q. What is IGF-1?
A. Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1)is a normal growth factor. Excess levels have been increasingly linked by modern research to human cancer development and growth.

Q. How does IGF-1 get into milk?
A. In 1994, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the use of the recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH). According to rBGH manufacturers, injections of rBGH causes cows to produce up to 20 percent more milk. The growth hormone also stimulates the liver to increase IGF-1 levels in the milk of those cows. Recently, Eli Lilly & Co., a manufacturer of rBGH, reported a ten-fold increase in IGF-1 levels in milk of cows receiving the hormone. IGF-1 is the same in humans and cows, and is not destroyed by pasteurization. In fact, the pasteurization process actually increases IGF-1 levels in milk.

Q. How does rBGH milk containing IGF-1, affect, humans?
A. After the rBGH milk is consumed, IGF-1 is not destroyed by human digestion. Instead, IGF-1 is readily absorbed across the intestinal wall. Additional research has shown that it can be absorbed into the bloodstream where it can effect other hormones.

Q. Is IGF-1 likely to increase the risk of specific kinds of cancer?
A. It is highly likely that IGF-1 promotes transformation of normal breast cells to breast cancers. In addition, IGF-1 maintains the malignancy of human breast cancer cells, including their invasiveness and ability to spread to distant organs. (Increased levels of IGF-1 have similarly been associated with colon and prostate cancers.) The prenatal and infant breast is particularly susceptible to hormonal influences. Such imprinting by IGF-1 may increase future breast cancer risks, and may also increase the sensitivity of the breast to subsequent unrelated risks such as mammography and the carcinogenic and estrogen-like effects of pesticide residues in food, particularly in pre-menopausal women.

Q. Are cows adversely affected by elevated IGF-1 levels?
A. Cows injected with rBGH show heavy localization of IGF-1 in breast (udder) epithelial cells. This does not occur in untreated cows. Cows are also affected in other ways by rBGH, through increased rates of mastitis, an udder infection. Industry data show up to an 80 percent incidence of mastitis in hormone-treated cattle, resulting in the contamination of milk with significant levels of pus. Mastitis requires the use of antibiotics to treat, which leaves residues to pass on through the milk for human consumption.

Q. What does the FDA say about IGF-1?
A. The FDA has trivialized evidence for increased levels in rBGH milk and insist that any such increases in IGF-1 are not dangerous, and do not pose a health risk. However, a 1990 study by Monsanto, the leading maker of rBGH, explicitly revealed statistically significant evidence of growth promoting effects. Feeding relatively low doses of IGF-1 to mature rats for only two weeks resulted in statistically significant and biologically highly significant systemic effects: increased body weight; increased liver weight; increased bone length; and decreased epiphyseal width. The FDA has failed to investigate the effects of long-term feeding of IGF-1 and treated milk on growth. Furthermore, the FDA has been hostile to the labeling of rBGH milk. The agency has prohibited dairy producers and retailers from labeling their milk as "hormone-free," The FDA states that such labeling could be "false or misleading" under federal law. Monsanto is suing several milk producers for using the label.

Q. What have other scientists said about IGF-1?
A. Concerns about increased levels of IGF-1 in milk from cows treated with rBGH are not new. In 1990, the National Institutes of Health Consensus panel on rBGH expressed concerns about adverse health effects of IGF-1 in rBGH milk, calling for further study on health impacts, particularly infants. In 1991, the Council on Scientific Affairs of the American Medical Association stated:" Further studies will be required to determine whether the ingestion of higher than normal concentrations of bovine insulin-like growth factor is safe for children, adolescents and adults." Unfortunately, these studies were never done,

HERE ARE THREE THINGS THAT YOU CAN DO:

1. Do not buy milk from cows treated with rBGH. Unless the milk-label states “NO rBGH”, you can assume the milk is contaminated. rBGH has become so widely used by dairy farmers. Most health food stores sell rBGH-free milk.

2. Contact your local supermarket and find out if they have a policy regarding rBGH and milk. Make clear that you would like rBGH-free milk.

3. Write to the FDA and express your concern that they are restricting the labeling of rBGH-free milk.

References:

Epstein, S. S. Potential public health hazards of biosynthetic milk
hormones. International Journal of Health Services, 20:73-84, 1990.

Epstein, S. S. Unlabeled milk from cows treated with biosynthetic
growth hormones: A case of regulatory abdication. International Journal of Health Services, 26(1):173-185, 1996.

http://www.preventcancer.com/general/milk.html

11a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:30 am

gypsy

gypsy
yes exactly what I meant.. the steroids, and hormones.. i buy from the amish and they use none of this~

12a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:47 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
GOT MILK?

"The Human Body has no more need for cow's milk than it does for dog's milk, horse's milk, or giraffe's milk."

Think about this for one second. Why do we drink milk at all? It is intended for a baby calf. Do we drink milk because there is real scientific proof that it is good for us, or is it merely the National Dairy Council, a propaganda machine dedicated to selling its product? Let's take a look. Human milk has 5% calories as protein, and human babies double their birth weight in 180 days. The percentage of protein in cow's milk is three times as high, 15%. Calves double their birth weight in only 47 days. Cow's milk has enough fat to turn a 45 pound calf into a 400 pound cow. Milk, or as John McDougall, MD, calls it, "liquid meat," is very high in protein, fat, and cholesterol, yet contains no fiber and is low in carbohydrates. Here is a brief list of the disorders caused by the unnatural consumption of cow's milk and dairy by human beings:

"Gastro-intestinal- canker sores, vomiting, colic, stomach cramps, abdominal distention, intestinal obstruction, bloody stools, colitis, mal-absorption, loss of appetite, growth retardation, diarrhea, constipation, painful defecation, irritation of tongue, lips, and mouth.

"Respiratory- nasal stuffiness, runny nose, otidis media (inner ear trouble), sinusitis, asthma, pulmonary infiltrates.

"Skin- rashes, atopic dermatitis, eczema, seborrhea, hives

"Behavioral- irritability, restlessness, hyperactivity, headache, lethargy, fatigue, allergic-tension fatigue syndrome, muscle pain, mental depression, enuresis (bed wetting, often caused when the bladder tissues become swollen and insensitive to the feeling of fullness).

"Blood- abnormal blood clotting, IRON DEFICIENCY ANEMIA (dairy products are the cause of at least50% of childhood iron deficiency anemia and an unknown percentage of anemia found in adults; this condition results from bleeding of the small intestine caused by dairy proteins and is not responsive to iron therapy until milk and other dairy products are eliminated), low-serum proteins, thrombocytopenia (low platelets), and eosinophilia (allergic-related blood cells).

"Other- anaphylatic shock and death, sudden infant death syndrome (crib or cot death)."

What About Calcium?
This will be shocking to you, because it goes against years of conditioning by advertising and Doctors who knew nothing about nutrition. Due to the high protein content of milk, there is a net loss of calcium in the body when consumed. Even studies paid for by the National Dairy Council have shown that the excessive protein in milk lowers blood calcium levels, causing the body to draw on calcium from the bones. All of the propaganda about drinking milk to prevent osteoporosis is completely inaccurate. Milk actually helps cause the condition.
"The African Bantu woman provides an excellent example of good health. Her diet is free of milk and still provides 250 to 400 mg of calcium per day from vegetable sources, which is one-half the amount consumed by Western women. Bantu women commonly have ten babies during their lifetimes and breast feed each of them for about ten months. But, even with this tremendous calcium drain and relatively low calcium intake, osteoporosis (thin, fragile bones) is essentially unknown among these women. It is interesting to note, when relatives of these same people migrate to the affluent societies and adopt rich diets, osteoporosis and diseases of the teeth become common.

What about Vitamin D?

"The Dairy Industry has added supplemental Vitamin D to milk, supposedly to protect people from developing rickets. Rickets is a disorder characterized by painful and deformed bones. This disease is common in places where there is limited exposure to sunlight.

"To begin with, vitamin D is actually NOT a Vitamin because the body can and does synthesize all that it needs. Vitamin D is really a hormone synthesized by the action of SUNLIGHT on plant sterols found in our skin. Our body levels of Vitamin D are only slightly affected by dietary sources such as milk fortified with Vitamin D and Vitamin pills.

"Because Vitamin D is fat-soluble, this hormone can be stored in our body fat for long periods of time. Therefore, INTERMITTENT EXPOSURE TO SUNLIGHT IS ADEQUATE...our minimum requirement for sunlight is small and easily met by most people in their daily activities."

This was just a brief review of some of the problems and myths associated with milk. I didn't even discuss the pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, antibiotics, and genetically modified growth hormones that have been linked to so many different problems in human beings. There are also a number of other disorders and diseases that milk causes.

Hormones in Milk:

· Pituitary hormones (PRL, GH, TSH, FSH, LH ACTH Oxytocin)

· Steroid hormones (Estradiol, Estriol, Progesterone, Testosterone, 17-Ketosteroids, Corticosterone, Vitamine D)

· Hypothalamic hormones (TRH, LHRH, Somatostatin, PRL-inhibiting factor, PRL-releasing factor, GnRH, GRH)

· Thyroid and Parathyroid hormones (T3, T4, rT3, Calcitonin, Parathormone, PTH peptide)

· gastrointestinal peptides (Vasoactive intestinal peptide, Bombesin, Cholecystokinin, Gastrin, Gastrin inhibitory peptide, Pancreatic peptide, Y peptide, Substance P and Neurotensin)

· Growth Factors (IGF's (I and II), IGF binding proteins, Nerve growth factor, Epidermal growth factor and TGF alpha, TGF beta, Growth Inhibitors MDGI and MAF, and Platelet derived growth factor

· Others... (PGE, PGF2 alpha, cAMP, cGMP, Delta sleep inducing

· peptide, Transferrin, Lactoferrin, Casomorphin and Erythropoietin...

13a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:53 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
If the milk from a private dairy isn't properly pasteurized then it is a health hazard . Do the Amish believe in the modern technique of pasteurization, Are the cows udders sterilized properly to stop bacteria prior to milking ? Does the health department do routine inspections of these dairys. Sounds risky to me.

14a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:54 am

gypsy

gypsy
yes of course.. I wouldn't buy it if not..

15a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:08 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
What do the Amish do to prevent diseases in cattle ? Cows are prone to worms , I do hope medications are given if not then transmission to humans could be a problem. But then you have the antibotics in the milk. a real catch -22 situation.

16a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:14 am

gypsy

gypsy
ssc my husband and I farmed for 17 years I do know about such things we had about 200hundred head of cows, but ours was for beef we didn't milk.. this dairy is safe, and milk pasturized, and very clean, the health dept has stickers stuck everywhere` and phamplets,to read~ we have used it now for about 10 years

17a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:24 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy , I to was raised on a dairy farm, we had the milking cows and then the Angus for beef. Your statement about steroids and your next one about hormones , but you left out the antibiotics that nearly all cattle are given. These are a big health risk. Very few small dairies will disclose all the medications given cattle. Most health departments do inspections but these are for cleanliness, only if a problem arises do they do blood tests on the cattle thus getting a toxicology report of chemicles administered.

18a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Empty Re: a good peanutbutter jelly sandwich Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I did mention antibiotics in one response.. rest assured i know these people and all is safe~ or I would not buy it..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum