You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Americas Top Ten Empty Americas Top Ten Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:04 pm

gypsy

gypsy
1 - America's Top-Ranked President, Abraham Lincoln

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts."

--Abraham Lincoln

America's 2nd Greatest President, Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

- FDR

#3 - America's 3rd Greatest President, George Washington

"The nation which indulges towards another a habitual hatred, or an habitual fondness, is in some degree a slave. It is a slave to its animosity or to its affection, either of which is sufficient to lead it astray from its duty and its interest."

-- George Washington

#4 - America's 4th Greatest President, Thomas Jefferson

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever. . . the Almighty has no attribute that can take side with us in such a contest."

- Thomas Jefferson

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62213-2003Feb24.html

#5 - America's 5th Greatest President, Theodore Roosevelt

"No Man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expedience."

-- Theodore Roosevelt"

#6 - America's 6th Greatest President, Woodrow Wilson

"The history of liberty is a history of the limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it."

- Woodrow Wilson.

# 7 - America's 7th Greatest President, Harry S. Truman

"When even one American - who has done nothing wrong -- is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all of Americans are in peril."

-- Harry S. Truman

#8 - America's 8th Greatest President, Andrew Jackson

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their selfish purposes."

- Andrew Jackson

#9 - America's 9th Greatest President, Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Every gun that is made, every warship that is launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed"

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

#10 - America's 10th Greatest President, James Madison

"The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted."

- James Madison

2Americas Top Ten Empty wow what a smart boy i am ,,lol Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gee i picked the top two, all on my own, but it was not hard, Franklin and Lincoln i always knew were the top, over things i had read,, for years, many ppl that may not be with us now, worshiped Roosevelt, the job program then the war, his speech before congress will live forever,,

3Americas Top Ten Empty Re: Americas Top Ten Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:29 pm

Stated before some of us were born or old enough to remember...... I like the words of this president.

"When even one American - who has done nothing wrong -- is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all of Americans are in peril."

-- Harry S. Truman

4Americas Top Ten Empty Re: Americas Top Ten Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:16 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
FIGI wrote:Stated before some of us were born or old enough to remember...... I like the words of this president.

-- Harry S. Truman

U mean u were there for the gettyburg address???? sorry i could not resist, lol, actually i liked truman too, wish i knew more about him, i never read, only movies, lol, he had spunk, and i was born when he was in office i do believe,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum