You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:55 pm

gypsy

gypsy
A wonderful man,senator , humanitarian.. a True fighter for the rights, and benefits of America .. God Bless him through these tough times..he faces health wise..

2Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:31 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Wonder if Mary Jo would have felt the same way ??

SSC

SSC
Admin
The "Chappaquiddick incident" refers to the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, a former campaign worker for the assassinated U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy of New York.

In July of 1969, Kopechne's dead body was discovered inside an overturned car belonging to Senator Ted Kennedy under water in a tidal channel on Chappaquiddick Island.

The incident became a national scandal, and it may have affected the Senator's decision not to run for President in 1972.

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident

4Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:15 am

gypsy

gypsy
happaquiddick received international notoriety in 1969,
when Mary Jo Kopechne was killed in a car driven by U.S.
Senator Edward (Ted) Kennedy which drove off the island's
Dike Bridge (also spelled Dyke Bridge). Kennedy did not
report the incident until the following morning, and
Kopechne's body was later recovered from the submerged
vehicle. Kennedy entered a plea of guilty to a charge of
leaving the scene of an accident after causing injury and
received a sentence of two months in jail, which was
suspended.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_Island

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9c/TeddyVWad.jpg/200px-TeddyVWad.jpg

well as was said by another person here,about another political figure.
People kept relecting him(, so he must have been doing a good job..
yes a terrible mistake he made, as many of our political people ,and probably all of us have..at one time.. he still is a great humanitarian,senator and public figure.. I guess most americans agree, they have relected him and he has give america 46 years of dedication..and service.

5Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:14 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
To me it was a buy off and a disgrace , just because he is a Kennedy that makes it alright to be responsible for a death and get a slap on the wrist, pay 90,000.00 and ins. payment of 50,000.00 to the family and walk away with a suspended license..guess money and power talk and life holds no meaning.

6Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:40 pm

gypsy

gypsy
there was no evidence from what i read to connect him to foul play,I am sure if the parents really thought there was they would have proceeded, I know, i would have, no amount of money would stop me, if I thought a wrongness had been done.. drinking and his head injury probably kept him from responding as quick as he should have, I am not excusing him, i am commenting on what a great leader he is and what he has done for american people, while serving as a senator..
that is the only praise i give him~ I do think he is a good persin, who made a mistake, in which he stated he had..

7Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:38 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
On July 25, seven days after the incident, Kennedy entered a plea of guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of an accident after causing injury. Kennedy's attorneys suggested that any jail sentence should be suspended, and the prosecutors agreed to this, citing Kennedy's age, character and prior reputation.[16] Judge James Boyle sentenced Kennedy to two months incarceration, the statutory minimum for the offense, which he suspended. In announcing the sentence, Boyle referred to Kennedy's "unblemished record" (even though Kennedy in fact had been involved in several previous traffic offenses[17]) and said that he "has already been, and will continue to be punished far beyond anything this court can impose".[17]

If this had been one of us they would still be piping in sunlight.

8Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:45 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I agree SSC, but I still wonder if he did anything to cause the girls death ,except for being careless and drinking?there was no proof, and if there was it would have eventually come to light..

I think he meant by the statement imposing punishment on himself, is for being impaired and not able to react like he should have, as I said that is my opinion ~but, still the fact people believed and trusted , to keep voting for him..

9Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:58 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
In the whole article it chronicles his movements...many were questionable, like going back to his hotel, not reporting the accident until late the next morning..I guess people forget the value of a life for the sake of a name and family. he may have done many great things in his life, but in his condition now it is kinda like the end justifies the means.

10Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:47 pm

gypsy

gypsy
we will all answer in the end for our lives here on earth!!good/bad..

death/sickness happens whether the person is a good or bad person.. Take "Job" for instance, he was tested, as we all are..my belief is God tests us here on earth,, but we will be judged at the end of time,, it is how we respond to those bad times, we all have to go through..

11Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:55 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:we will all answer in the end for our lives here on earth!!good/bad..

death/sickness happens whether the person is a good or bad person.. Take "Job" for instance, he was tested, as we all are..my belief is God tests us here on earth,, but we will be judged at the end of time,, it is how we respond to those bad times, we all have to go through..
Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Hissyfit8wrSalute!! to Ted Kennedy Valoranim01

12Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:59 pm

gypsy

gypsy
haha ok i will bite?? what is the bashing for??

13Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:05 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Tyler you have all the cute smilies..they would be great with our selection...lol

14Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:10 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thanks SSC, yes good idea, I'll add both of those today in the forums database, I'll put them in "Smiles 2" under "View more Emoticons". Salute!! to Ted Kennedy 67629

Gypsy, never mind, just letting off some steam I guess..Your statement baffles me that you believe that way, but never mind, continue on.. Very Happy

15Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:14 pm

gypsy

gypsy
no I won't go on, because it upsets some people it was just my comment opinion/belief.. thanks, i guess one has to believe in God, I don't believe the way we die or things happen is the end that justifies the means, that happens at Judgement. but i understand it is a touchy taboo subject here~ thanks for the reply.. Salute!! to Ted Kennedy 335431

16Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:49 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Not taboo Gypsy, just no religion section.

btw, I've been updating the smilie database lately and more smiles are on the right with the other smiles when you post under "View more Emoticons" in smiles 2.

I also just added those 2 I used today. :)

Salute!! to Ted Kennedy 381659
I should also mention that the smilies you see me use sometimes that aren't in the forums database are from my "Firefox" browser extension. I don't have any special ones here that are only meant for me, its just my browser extension sometimes. :)

17Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:15 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
If you have the Firefox browser you can download the extension I was talking about here:

http://www.smileyxtra.co.uk/

18Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:21 pm

gypsy

gypsy
ok Tyler ,, thanks~ will check it out

19Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:21 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Here's a more direct link to the download. The link I posted above gives a good description of what the extension does and the link is their if you can find it, but here's the actual page the download link is on so people can find it easier:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/375?id=375

20Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Salute!! to Ted Kennedy Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:15 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i use to not care at all for the kennedys. i know they had faults, but i do believe they have always for the most part without the mistakes, wanted to just do their part to have a better country as they saw it, i still remember president kennedy,, turning those russian ships around carring nuclear missles, with the blockade of cuba, i was a kid but thats something u dont forget. of course the movies help the memory, lol guess it was one of the greatest moments in history, i figured ted would at some point been the president, if it were not for Chappaquiddick. and robert gave his life, the family has suffered a sacrifice for america. with their money they could have just sat back and not done anything, the kennedys are not very popular in the south especially, i cant explain, but to loose John being shot, and josheph his brother i think killed, in the war, , and Robert shot,they all gave their lifes for our country, i have mixed emotions on ted, i do think he has worked hard in the senate, even worked with macCain i believe on education, i could be wrong, but seems they did, i have softened my feeling for the family,, all their money could not stop their loss,, and sacrific,, robert took on organized crime as attorney general,, oh well just thinking, i did not watch teds speach, he probably will not live long, take care,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum