You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1the next four years Empty the next four years Fri May 09, 2008 10:44 pm

gypsy

gypsy
who ever wins,
what will the new prez do to pay off our loan to china?
to fix the deficit
to stop illegals
a health plan
feeding the hungry in America
find a solution to the homeless
stop the war, bring our people home
quit buying foreign oil
bring our companies back to America
better education
bring our people back together,and work together, to improve America
make sure social security is still intact
just some things to think about~

2the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Fri May 09, 2008 11:14 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:who ever wins,
to fix the deficit
to stop illegals
a health plan
quit buying foreign oil
better education

if any 3 wins , nothing will be done to correct any of these as they have been around for many terms,, of lots of presidents,wait and watch. maybe the war will subside is about all i see, . we have bought foreign oil for so many years, because we dont have the capacity, remember, if a dem wins he has a repulican senate, .. remember say 10 or more years ago the famous word GRIDLOCK, that will happen, what to watch for is the midterm elections, clinton had a balanced budget the best i remember, but we still had a huge national debt, as we have had for along time, but clinton did pay it down some, but near the end of his last term , things started going not as good, but all this is from memory, remember its the dems that dont want to drill for more oil in places in america that has oil, but not enough to ween off foreign oil,, last i heard is oil prices will increase for the next 2 years,im for all this, im just saying it not going to happen,

3the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Fri May 09, 2008 11:19 pm

gypsy

gypsy
we have enough oil stored to last 65 years, the price would go down if Bush would stop stockpiling,and buying more oil` the gouging continues~

a alternative doesn't want to be found, because Bush and his rich oil friends would be cut out~

we have never had as large a deficit as we have had these last eight years

4the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Fri May 09, 2008 11:41 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
ihave said this before, ur talking about the strategic oil reserves that cant be used,its for our national security,,, i agree, clinton release a small amount which is all he could do, but it only made a few cents difference. wait, the next president ,the oil problem will not change, if bush stoped buying to fill the strategic reserves, that we have always had for national defense . its not at 100 percent, i agree he should stop , its in the 90 percent full range i think, but it only make a few cents difference, like i have said, i think most of it is in old salt mines, some in lousianna, but this is from memory, i need to study on it, but do remember clinton releasing a tad,,,,but dont think it would make but a small difference, and it cant continue, its a short term release,

5the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Sat May 10, 2008 12:46 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:we have enough oil stored to last 65 years, the price would go down if Bush would stop stockpiling,and buying more oil` the gouging continues~

a alternative doesn't want to be found, because Bush and his rich oil friends would be cut out~

we have never had as large a deficit as we have had these last eight years

where did u get that 65 year number? im not saying its not out there, i just have not found anything like it, largest number of reserves i have found is in shale rock ,, out west, but as of now , the process had not gone forward because of the high cost, maybe it will now, but also not sure it will produce good oil but lots to read, i read alot on the oil reserves, they have used some, and replaced it, here is a paste, but there is tons on it on google, but alot of oil but we use alot, so nothing like 65 years, if u can find that article post the url, here is a short version of the stratigic oil reserves as most are real long and complicated, as follows,
Strategic Petroleum Reserves"
From Kimberly Amadeo,
Your Guide to US Economy.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
Definition: Strategic Petroleum Reserves are the world's largest stockpiles of emergency crude oil. The oil is stored in underground salt caverns on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico that can hold over 700 million barrels. The federally-owned reserves can replace about two months worth of imports, should that ever become necessary.
Also Known As: US Oil Reserves, US Petroleum Reserves
Examples: The Strategic Petroleum Reserves were used to replace oil production lost as a result of Hurricane Katrina during the fall of 2005.

6the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Sat May 10, 2008 10:07 am

gypsy

gypsy
Peak oil and the fading oil economy in year 2006
Whether or not oil prices increase to a higher band (say US$65-$US75), hover ... On last years experience, any supply 'pinch ... that these reserves will be enough for 62 years.

www.naturalhub.com/slweb/fading_of_the_oil_economy_timeline_2006.htm

there are a lot of info here, and more I found, but It is so long, i mAYhave misunderstood` but here is an url ,and like I said more to be found~

7the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Sat May 10, 2008 10:38 am

gypsy

gypsy
another interesting oil story
Al Jazeera English - Archive - Elusive Truth About Oil Figures
AMERICAS: ASIA-PACIFIC: CENTRAL/S. ASIA: EUROPE: MIDDLE EAST ... But then of course if oil reserve figures did prove ... is of it, how much everyone else has and how long it is going to last ...

english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/8AEF2417-CBDF-4E99-A8D2-CAA5409C147E.htm · Cached page
Show more results from english.aljazeera.net

8the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Sat May 10, 2008 9:15 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Peak oil and the fading oil economy in year 2006
Whether or not oil prices increase to a higher band (say US$65-$US75), hover ... On last years experience, any supply 'pinch ... that these reserves will be enough for 62 years.

www.naturalhub.com/slweb/fading_of_the_oil_economy_timeline_2006.htm

there are a lot of info here, and more I found, but It is so long, i mAYhave misunderstood` but here is an url ,and like I said more to be found~

yes wow a alot to read. I will paste one important part, i could only copy one, but at another place it said the same thing but a one year difference, but on what i am about to paste, is not oil reserves like i learned lots of other countys do as we do, but one sounded like a lot of oil but in actuallity was only like a 5 day suppy,,i forget the country,, like i said when they use the tern oil reserves here in this paste, it means how much oil is left in the ground to be pumped out and sold, another one added one more year, but said coal will last into the next century, and may have to replace oil and natural gas in the distant future. i remember we had a coal gasification plant here, in the 70s but it was closed , i think maybe even Hitler was trying coal gasification in world war ll . well here is the paste and again reserves mean the amount of oil left in the earth to be pumped out and sold,it said we have taken out more oil from the earth than is left to pump out and this article was a 2006 article, so here is the paste,

"World oil consumption has increased to levels which in theory will empty all reserves within 40 years
The world consumed 25 billion barrels of oil in the year 2000. By 2004 the figure had risen to about 30 billion barrels consumed. At this rate of consumption, all existing global oil reserves will be gone in less than 40 years."

like i said another place said 41 years but coal will last into the next century,

9the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Sun May 18, 2008 11:52 am

The next four years a la Barak Obama. (US News & World Report, April 21) "Obama's assignment (in Chicago) was to teach the poor to rely on themselves in a very aggressive way-to get what they wanted from city hall. their landlords, and others in power by clarifying their needs and banding together to take action.It's the kind of self help he preaches today as a presidential candidate" /// Oh boy! So getting an education, not getting pregnant, not doing drugs, not committing crimes, and developing job skills aren't worth mentioning, right? Perhaps Obama can get the Kennedys, labor experts non pareil, to help him organize the poor into "aggressive" unions. They could demonstrate and go on strike when the air conditioner breaks down or the toilet leaks! They could refuse to accept their assistance checks, rent subsidies, and food stamps! Just think what a wonderful country this will be when the poor are crowding the streets demanding that the tax payer support them in a manner to which Obama wants them to be accustomed to. The mind boggles.

10the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Mon May 19, 2008 12:42 pm

gypsy wrote:who ever wins,
to fix the deficit
to stop illegals
a health plan
quit buying foreign oil
better education
1. We lent NO MONEY to China. Because of a huge trade deficit caused by Americans buying so much of Chinese goods, China had a huge amount of American currency on hand. They sent that money back here and reduced the downward pressure on the dollar's value by purchasing hundreds of billions of American bonds.Bush didn't cause this, we Wal Mart customers did. 2.To fix the deficit we need to cut spending and effect no more tax cuts. 3.To stop illegals will require the next prez to enforce the present immigration laws and build an effective fence. 4.I dunno what will be introduced as a "health plan". 5.There are almost NO hungry in America. This is a STATE problem anyway. 6.There are, percentage wise, very few homeless in America. This is a State problem anyway. 7.Congress can stop the war anytime it wants to. Write your Congressman/woman. 8.Quit buying gasoline and you will have quit buying foreign oil. Our present, largest supplier of "foreign oil" is Canada. 9.Companies that relocated offshore cannot be forced to move back. 10.We will get better education when we can fire incompetent teachers and require students to pass tests. 11.When the American people accept responsibility for our actions instead of blaming every imaginable problem on Bush, we may return to sanity and start to solve problems. 12.The Social Security system is doomed as it is now structured. The addition of Medicare and now prescription aid, has guaranteed that. There is no way to tell the millions of baby boomers,now starting to retire, that they will have to wait for the benefits that they have paid for.As our population ages, the amount that each worker must contribute will rise dramatically or benefits must be cut dramatically. There is no magical way out of this. I predict that Congress will cut benefits in order to keep the system afloat. They are doing so now.

11the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Mon May 19, 2008 1:05 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Stat house

Homelessness

By 1995, 36.4 million Americans lived in poverty. Of which, 40 percent were children.--U.S. Bureau of Census, via the National Coalition for the Homeless.

For an increasing number of Americans, work provides no relief from poverty. In 1995, real median income was 3.8 percent below its 1989 level.—U.S. Bureau of Census, via the National Coalition for the Homeless.
More stats
Capital punishment
Environment
Homelessness
Welfare reform
Our booming prisons
Disappearing health care
Refugees worldwide
Misc. stats

In 1996, the U.S. Conference of Mayors found that at least 19 percent of the homeless population were employed.—A Status Report on Hunger and Homelessness in America's Cities, via the National Coalition for the Homeless.

In no state does a full-time minimum wage job cover the costs of a one-bedroom unit at Fair Market Rent, and in 45 states and the District of Columbia, families would need to earn at least double the minimum wage in order to afford a two-bedroom unit at Fair Market Rent.—Out of Reach: Can America Pay the Rent?, via the National Coalition for the Homeless.

A recent study of 29 U.S. cities found that in 1996, 20 percent of all requests for emergency shelter went unmet due to lack of resources.—A Status Reoprt on Hunger and Homelessness in America's cities, via the National Coalition for the Homeless.

There are few or no shelters in rural areas of the U.S., despite significant levels of homelessness.—The National Coalition for the Homeless.

It is estimated that 760,000 people are homeless on any given night, and 1.2 to 2 million people experience homelessness during one year.—National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty, via the National Coalition for the Homeless.

Two trends are largely responsible for the rise in homelessness over the past 15 to 20 years: a growing shortage of affordable rental housing and a simultaneous increase in poverty.—The National Coalition for the Homeless.

In 1996, the U.S. Conference of Mayors' survey found that single men comprised 45 percent of the homeless population and single women 14 percent.—A Status Reoprt on Hunger and Homelessness in America's cities, via the National Coalition for the Homeless.

A 1990 Ford Foundation study found that 50 percent of homeless women and children were fleeing abuse.—Women Battering: A Major Cause of Homelessness, via the National Coalition for the Homeless.

In 1996, the U.S. Conference of Mayors' survey of 29 American cities found that 19 percent of the urban homeless population were veterans.—A Status Report on Hunger and Homelessness in America's Cities, via the National Coalition for the Homeless.

12the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Mon May 19, 2008 1:11 pm

gypsy

gypsy
United States public debt
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
• Interested in contributing to Wikipedia? •Jump to: navigation, search

US Debt from 1940 on. Red lines indicate the public debt and black lines indicate the gross debt, the difference being that the gross debt includes funds held by the government (i.e. the Trust for Social Security). The second chart shows debt as a percentage of U.S. GDP or dollar value of economic production per year. Data from the FY 2009 U.S. Budget historical tablesThe United States total public debt, commonly called the national debt, or U.S. government debt, is the amount of money owed by the United States federal government to creditors who hold U.S. debt instruments. Debt held by the public is all federal debt held by states, corporations, individuals, and foreign governments, but does not include intragovernmental debt obligations or debt held for Social Security. Types of securities held by the public include, but are not limited to, Treasury Bills, Notes, Bonds, TIPS, United States Savings Bonds, and State and Local Government Series securities.[1]

As of April 2008, the total U.S. federal debt was approximately $9.5 trillion[2], about $31,100 per capita (that is, per U.S. resident). Of this amount, debt held by the public was roughly $5.3 trillion.[3] If, in addition, unfunded Medicaid, Social Security, etc. promises are added, this figure rises to a total of $59.1 trillion.[4] In 2007 the public debt was 36.8 percent of GDP ranking 65th in the world.[5] The total debt is currently 66.5% of GNP.

It is important to differentiate between public debt and external debt. The former is the amount owed by the government to its creditors, whether they are nationals or foreigners. The latter is the debt of all sectors of the economy (public and private), owed to foreigners. In the U.S., foreign ownership of the public debt is a significant part of the nation's external debt (see also below). The Bureau of the Public Debt, a division of the United States Department of the Treasury, calculates the amount of money owed by the national government on a daily basis.

13the next four years Empty Re: the next four years Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:52 pm

Gypsy, each and every dollar printed is a "promise to pay". A debt. You are right. GW spent us into a precarious position. Productivity has always been our saving grace. i.e.: One hour's labor should produce an equivalant value in the currency ($) That has always been rising, heretofore. Such is no longer the case. Our trade deficit with China could have been ameliorated with the fact that they needed the $$$ as much as we needed their products. Such is no longer true. They are dumping our $$$ for oil supplies. We are headed for war. With who? I don't know. The Chinese solved the Korean problem for us; but they have very little influence with the Iranians. Look there.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum