Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
is that amazing or what, no wonder we are in the shape we are in, and to think other countrys are behind us on most things, long ago when i was a kid, u had to take a test and pass to beable to vote, and also pay poll tax, well both i think were judged in court to be racist, so they were done away with,,kind sounds if the court rulled the test racist, the court thinks blacks are dumb, i really dont understand why they judged that way, now i was a kid , so i think im correct, i think the test thing needs to come back . how can anyone be that stupid, to not know the running mate of the candidates, and issues, im shaking my head, lol, take care

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I think they called it racist becuase the argument was blacks didn't get the same quality education as white people did so the blacks thought white people knew they couldn't pass it and is why they implemented the test in the first place , so they called it racists. So in a sense you are right that the court thought blacks couldn't pass the test, but of course it was more complex than that. Hell I doubt I could pass it either.. lol!

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:I think they called it racist becuase the argument was blacks didn't get the same quality education as white people did so the blacks thought white people knew they couldn't pass it and is why they implemented the test in the first place , so they called it racists. So in a sense you are right that the court thought blacks couldn't pass the test, but of course it was more complex than that. Hell I doubt I could pass it either.. lol!

well actually i never saw the questions, to me it would just depend on the questions, as to how hard they were, but today is different, blacks have the same educational opertunity as white, or middle class whites, but ur correct, they probably implimented it knowing lots of blacks would not pass it back in the 50 and early 60 i guess, i actually have not read on it, just a kids memory, so i dont even know the year it was overturned,, but u see leno just asking question on his show on the sidewalk like who is dick cheney, and questions like that to whites or condolesa rice, and whites dont know that. its good thing u dont have to spell to vote, lol!

SSC

SSC
Admin
Surely the Dems wouldn't want the test..using as a shining example Tylers post. The sad part is that is reality.
Then of course we have ACORN recruiting the illegal masses and to benefit whom ?? A federally funded program caught with their pants down again, when will the DEMs ever learn ?

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:Surely the Dems wouldn't want the test..using as a shining example Tylers post. The sad part is that is reality.
Then of course we have ACORN recruiting the illegal masses and to benefit whom ?? A federally funded program caught with their pants down again, when will the DEMs ever learn ?

they interviewed on the radio , i listened to and acorn registered one person 72 times to vote, and another one many time i forget the amount,

gypsy

gypsy
http://politicalinquirer.com/2008/09/09/stop-the-bashing-acorn-is-a-great-organization-just-google-it-and-see/

Who is ACORN?

ACORN is the nation’s largest grassroots community organization of low- and moderate-income people with over 400,000 member families organized into more than 1,200 neighborhood chapters in 110 cities across the country. Since 1970, ACORN has been building community organizations that are committed to social and economic justice, and won victories on thousands of issues of concern to our members, through direct action, negotiation, legislative advocacy and voter participation. ACORN helps those who have historically been locked out become powerful players in our democratic system.

Community organizing: Each of the 1,200 local ACORN neighborhood chapters in 110 cities and 40 states brings neighbors together to work for stronger, safer and more just communities.

Issue campaigns: Each ACORN office carries out multiple issue campaigns. ACORN members across the country work to raise the minimum wage or enact living wage policies; eliminate predatory financial practices by mortgage lenders, payday lenders, and tax preparation companies; win the development of affordable housing and community benefits agreements; improve the quality of and funding for urban public schools; rebuild New Orleans; and pass a federal and state ACORN Working Families Agenda, including paid sick leave for all full time workers.

A recent study shows that our issue campaign victories have delivered approximately $15 billion in direct monetary benefits to our membership and constituency over the past 10 years.

Service delivery: ACORN and its allied organizations provide extensive services to our members and constituency. These include free tax preparation focusing on the Earned Income Tax Credit; screening for eligibility for federal and state benefit programs; and, through the ACORN Housing Corporation, first time homeowner mortgage counseling and foreclosure prevention assistance, and low income housing development.

Ballot initiatives: ACORN-backed ballot-initiative campaigns in 2006 helped raise the minimum wage in Ohio, Arizona, Missouri and Colorado, working with community-faith-labor coalitions on successful campaigns in each state.

Voter participation: Since 2004, ACORN has helped more than 1.7 million low- and moderate-income and minority citizens apply to register to vote.

ACORN is a non-profit, non-partisan social justice organization with national headquarters in New York, New Orleans and Washington, D.C. To maintain independence, ACORN does not accept government funding and is not tax exempt.

In addition, ACORN’s primary function is voter registration. Dig this.

Registering to vote is one of the first steps toward becoming a full participant in American democracy and a citizen who can influence change in a community. ACORN members and workers go door to door in low- and moderate income neighborhoods, approach people at shopping centers, grocery stores, and libraries, and visit high schools to talk to voting-age seniors because ACORN wants as many people as possible to participate in the democratic process.

ACORN has helped more than 1.68 million citizens to register to vote in past registration drives leading up to the 2004 and 2006 elections. For the 2008 election, ACORN intends to help 1.2 million people register to vote in 26 states across the country. We have already reached 177,000 registrations in 2007 and 2008 in what will be the largest, non-partisan voter registration effort in U.S. history.

So to read about the good things people do, take Mike’s advise, “google it.” It is a real “badge of honor” for any organization to be bashed by none other than the Wall Street Journal. They just despise groups like ACORN that help to give power to the powerless.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
The problem with that is they get people like on Howard Sterns show to vote and they don't know what the hell they are voting for, its an uneducated vote, and that Gypsy is dangerous.

gypsy

gypsy
http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/10/acorn_rallies_its_troops.php for full story

As The Nation pointed out recently, ACORN's success in registering millions of low-income and minority voters has made it "something of a right-wing bogeyman." Though ACORN believes that the right to vote is not, and should never be, a partisan issue, attacks from groups threatened by our historic success continue to come, motivated by partisan politics and often perpetuated by the media without full investigation of the facts. As a result, there have been a few recent stories about investigations of former ACORN workers for turning in incomplete, erroneous, or fraudulent voter registration applications. Predictably, partisan forces have tried to use these isolated incidents to incite fear of the "bogeyman" of "widespread voter fraud." But we want to take this opportunity to set the record straight and tell you a few facts to show how these incidents really exemplify everything that ACORN is doing right:

Fact: ACORN has implemented the most sophisticated quality-control system in the voter engagement field, but in almost every state we are required to turn in ALL completed applications, even the ones we know to be problematic.

Fact: ACORN flags incomplete, problem, or suspicious cards when we turn them in, but these warnings are often ignored by election officials. Often these same officials then come back weeks or months later and accuse us of deliberately turning in phony cards.

Fact: Our canvassers are paid by the hour, not by the card, so there is NO incentive for them to falsify cards. ACORN has a zero-tolerance policy for deliberately falsifying registrations, and in the relatively rare cases where our internal quality controls have identified this happening we have fired the workers involved and turned them in to election officials and law-enforcement.

Fact: No charges have ever been brought against ACORN itself. Convictions against individual former ACORN workers have been accomplished with our full cooperation, using the evidence obtained through our quality control and verification processes.

Fact: Voter fraud by individuals is extremely rare, and incredibly difficult. There has never been a single proven case of anyone, anywhere, casting an illegal vote as a result of a phony voter registration. Even if someone wanted to influence the election this way, it would not work.

Fact: Most election officials have recognized ACORN's good work and praised our quality control systems. Even in the cities where election officials have complained about ACORN, the applications in question represent less than 1% of the thousands and thousands of registrations ACORN has collected.

Fact: Our accusers not only fail to provide any evidence, they fail to suggest a motive: there is virtually no chance anyone would be able to vote fraudulently, so there is no reason to deliberately submit phony registrations. ACORN is committed to ensuring that the greatest possible numbers of people are registered and allowed to vote, so there is also NO incentive to "disrupt the system" with phony cards.

Fact: Similar accusations were made, and attacks launched, against ACORN and other voter registration organizations in 2004 and 2006. These attacks were not only groundless, they have since been exposed as part of the U.S. Attorneygate scandal and revealed to be part of a systematic partisan agenda of voter suppression.

These are the facts, and the truth is that a relatively small group of political operatives are trying to orchestrate hysteria about "voter fraud" and manufacture public outrage that they can use to further suppress the votes of millions of low-income and minority Americans.

These tactics are nothing new, and history has shown that they will come to nothing. We'll continue to weather the storm, as we've done for years, and we'll continue to share the truth about our work and express pride about our accomplishments.
Most importantly, we want to assure you that this good work continues, unabated and undeterred. ACORN will not be intimidated, we will not be provoked, and in this important moment in history we will not allow anyone to distract us from these vital efforts to empower our constituencies and our communities to speak for themselves. If the partisan political machines are afraid of low-income and minority voters, they're going to have to do a lot better than coming after ACORN.

After all, there are now at least 1.3 million more of them, and they will not be silenced. They're taking an interest, and taking a stand, and they'll be taking their concerns to the voting booth in November.

And ACORN will be here, to make sure that the voices of these Americans are heard, on Election Day and for every day to come.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
rosco 357 wrote:well actually i never saw the questions, to me it would just depend on the questions, as to how hard they were, but today is different, blacks have the same educational opertunity as white, or middle class whites, but ur correct, they probably implimented it knowing lots of blacks would not pass it back in the 50 and early 60 i guess, i actually have not read on it, just a kids memory, so i dont even know the year it was overturned,, but u see leno just asking question on his show on the sidewalk like who is dick cheney, and questions like that to whites or condolesa rice, and whites dont know that. its good thing u dont have to spell to vote, lol!
Actually from the surface I think a test is a good idea, it would help weed out the people who don't know what the person they are voting for wants to do, and what there agenda is. Good grief, just voting for the sake of voting without knowing anything about the candidate you're voting for is meaningless and is counter productive. Its a dangerous situation to have a bunch of nitwits voting for just anyone and with no other reason other than they happens to like the same brand of tea as they do. They find something irrelevant to like about them and then vote for that person, and in the process run the risk of voting the best candidate out.

gypsy

gypsy
I agree on educating , all voters.. I also don't believe one thing positive comes from Howard Stern,or his show~ just my opinion..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Of course you don't Gypsy I could have guessed that without you saying so..lmfao!!

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I've come to the realization and conclusion that if I like something you surely won't. I somehow find that comforting.

14Howard Stern - 1/10/2008 - Sal Interviews "Obama Supporters" in Harlem Empty Starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys...??? Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:43 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Owens, Romo names surface in Nevada voter-fraud probe
Associated Press

Updated: October 7, 2008, 10:46 PM LAS VEGAS -- Nevada authorities seized records Tuesday from a group they accused of submitting fraudulent voter-registration forms -- including for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys.

"Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4," said Secretary of State Ross Miller.

State authorities raided the headquarters of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, a group that works to register low-income people.

Miller said the raid was part of a monthslong investigation, and he contended the group had submitted registration forms that used false information or duplicated information on multiple forms. He did not estimate how many.

Bertha Lewis, interim chief organizer for ACORN, said the group has been working with election officials to weed out fraudulent forms from those submitted by the canvassers it hires.

"Today's raid by the secretary of state's office is a stunt that serves no useful purpose other than to discredit our work registering Nevadans," Lewis said.

Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4.
-- Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller
"For the past 10 months, anytime ACORN has identified a potentially fraudulent application, we turn that application in to election officials separately and offer to provide election officials with the information they would need to pursue an investigation or prosecution of the individual," Lewis said.

She said ACORN had turned in 46 problem applications submitted by 33 former employees to election officials in the Las Vegas area, where it has registered 80,000 people.

According to its national Web site, the group has registered 1.3 million people nationwide for the Nov. 4 election. It has encountered complaints of fraud stemming from registration efforts in Wisconsin, North Carolina, New Mexico, Michigan, Ohio and Missouri.

"The fact is, this is hard work and there were some people that probably sat down on a couch and filled out names out of a phone book," said Matthew Henderson, Southwest regional director for ACORN. "That's really what we're talking about here -- not an attempt to steal an election."

Miller said no one had been charged or arrested in Nevada.

His spokesman, Bob Walsh, said investigators were using information from various sources, including the FBI and the U.S. attorney's office in Nevada.

"You don't have to read too many cop novels to know that sometimes people will tell you a grain of truth to try to hide the rest of the truth," Walsh said. "I'm certainly not suggesting that ACORN is that nefarious, but at the same time just because they handed over 50 to you doesn't mean there aren't 150 others out there."..www.apnews.com

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:I agree on educating , all voters.. I also don't believe one thing positive comes from Howard Stern,or his show~ just my opinion..

A real positive step one would be to make sure they know whose's running for what office ?? All Howard Stern did is put on the table the ignorance in the American streets and how simple it is to influence these types of people into voting generally based on color.

gypsy

gypsy
Tyler, I like you and this site ,but I don't like howard stern, no reflection on you, though..hey we both like stuffed pork chops~ Howard Stern - 1/10/2008 - Sal Interviews "Obama Supporters" in Harlem 457757

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
She doesn't like Howard Stern becuase hes cool, its that simple.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes we do, and I'm glad you like this site and me, thanks.

SSC

SSC
Admin
The man is priceless, what is there not to like about him, blunt, straight forward, leaves no doubts in his train of thought..a true American icon.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I agree SSC hes a blast and very funny, I've enjoyed listening to him for years, and hes very Intelligent too, more so than people realize.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

gypsy

gypsy
hes vulgar.. and he is being sued by Dolly Parton.. for creating false verbal excerpts, about different people from her book..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes hes "Vulgar" thats one of the things I like about him, hes not afraid of "words" like some people are.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Vulgar and blunt are close to the same, he just tells it like it is, jesus lets see ...how many lawsuits are going on right now..figure Dolly can handle her own..most of that is tabloid trash anyway..the Holy Grail of journalism the National Inquirer...Walmart check line entertainment...

gypsy

gypsy
http://www.nationalledger.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=25&num=20595

Audio: Howard Stern & Dolly Parton, Lawsuit Threat Over Racist Radio Bit
By Jon Shanks
May 16, 2008

Country singing sensation Dolly Parton is not happy with radio shock jock Howard Stern. Parton, the buxom blonde legendary country music singing star is furious with the racist and sexist remarks that Howard Stern doctored and spliced together from Dolly Parton audio clips that Stern would claim in a radio bit that the remarks were from a new "Dolly Parton audio book".
Dolly Parton Lawsuit Threat for Howard Stern (Image: Wenn)
Dolly Parton Lawsuit Threat for Howard Stern (Image: Wenn)

They have her "saying' all sorts of nasty things about a variety of celebrities and the doctored remarks are quite nasty. Dolly says she is tremendously hurt by the radio prank and she is not laughing. The bit goes on for several minutes and is typical of the Stern show but Dolly certainly isn't amused and is threatening to sue the shock jock.

"If there was ever going to be a lawsuit, it's going to be over this," says Parton. "I am completely devastated by this." The remarks that were doctored were aimed at Kenny Rogers, Johnny Carson, Burt Reynolds, Minnie Pearl and Linda Ronstadt.

It's over the top, but that is what Stern does. Can Dolly really sue and win or will it be ruled as satire? TV Shark has the audio here. The link is at the very bottom of the article. Be warned it contains vulgar language and should be considered as "R" rated.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Why am I not surprised at your choice of substantiation...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum