You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Seth Thomas clocks Empty Seth Thomas clocks Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:04 am

gypsy

gypsy
love them, does anyone own one? antique circa?? I know SSC owns some very nice antiques, like pool room antiques and memorabilia,,I love shooting pool an that atmosphere,, yep! call it unchristian? or a maverick lol like I am here~~ (kidding) another good topic I think~

2Seth Thomas clocks Empty Re: Seth Thomas clocks Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:08 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
ofcourse i have heard of seth thomas clocks, i dont own one, but i do own a grandfather clock that when i bought it, its a Trend co.clock i forget what state, i think michiagan or one of those M states up there, i filled out a thing and it was registered in my name, and they sent me a brass thing with my name engraved with the date 1976 ,and little brass nails to mount it inside the door, so the grandkids whoever gets it will remember me, lol

3Seth Thomas clocks Empty Re: Seth Thomas clocks Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:03 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes I'm pretty sure we do, if I remember correctly it is one of those. We also have an antique grandfather clock. My Aunt and uncle are very successful antique dealers in the mountains of North Carolina, they've made themselves quite wealthy in the antique business and they travel the world buying them, and they also has beautiful antique shop up there in the mountains. I love visiting them its always a lot of fun.

4Seth Thomas clocks Empty Re: Seth Thomas clocks Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:08 pm

gypsy

gypsy
we have a seth Thomas, *Jinny lind* mantel clock,eight day,, the tag on the back says it was repaired in 1906

I was told it probably was made in 1900..

5Seth Thomas clocks Empty Re: Seth Thomas clocks Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:22 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well i let my sis have it, daddy wanted me to haveit,because to keep in our name,, but my sisters house has a much better place for it, so after my mom died i told my sis to take it, im no sure but its old, its like hangs on the wall, about 3 and a half foot long, has a wind up and a pendelum brass with a wood arm,,, aand a hand that does the date, it come from way back in my dads family, generations, but i dont know who made it , daddy took the workings out and took to the house of clocks here and had them fixed when we got it, when i was a kid, adn the clock repair man asked if it was for sale,, my sister also got from my dad like over 30 years agol like an 50s coke machine that held small cokes only , a steel belt with holes to put cokes in and a lever handle and metal door to open to pull out the coke, i figure one day it will be valuable,

6Seth Thomas clocks Empty Re: Seth Thomas clocks Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:33 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Every Sunday, Dad/Mom me and brothers/sister would go for Sunday drives,,of course it was in the farming areas, my dad owned farms, I called him a windshield farmer,(he would chuckle) but he did participate in actual farming, when he had time, he was working two jobs, as a grain manager and a potential land owner.(farmer)

we would always stop at this little country store,in (Pinhook) a very interesting, diverse community,for a Bologna sandwich, coke (( from the machine Rosco is writing about) and a moon pie us kids were in (HOG HAVEN)
God!! How simple life was then~~and beautiful~

you know what? it still is~ a few tears here, for life ,back then..

Seth Thomas clocks 393252

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum