You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:25 am

gypsy

gypsy
awake at six, I made my first pot of coffee.
sitting here drinking my first cup,I think, My Goodness where did this past year go,
it went by so fast..
Reflections, what a wonderful word, and vision..

It has been a very hectic year for most America,/world, a lot of turmoil, but also reflections of good moments.
I think we as Americans have reunited..and have emerged stronger,for every new mountain we climb,and lesson learned, we become better..

we have witnessed in the last few years that we as people care for not just our country, but others as well.
That is ,the humane way.
Mistakes, yes,but not failures if we have learned from them..

Emotions have run high,expectations also ..We wait on this new era,with breath held, for healing to start, and hopefully problems solved,we have a long way to travel, but I am optimistic, I think we all are,we have to be..
just a few pondering' s, ,to reflect on..
God Bless!

2Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:52 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Those are nice viewpoints and I commend you on your optimism, however, I would point out that I do not support this statement: "We wait on this new era,with breath held," for I am not holding my breath nor am I waiting for changes to happen just becuase a new president is about to take office, or am I expecting anything meritorious to happen becuase of a new year. But my "thoughts" are mine and mine alone, and are not meant to discourage or influence others. I do not force my beliefs and opinions down the throats of others who feel differently, but I can say without hesitation that I don't foresee any major changes in the way we live just becuase we elected another president figurehead. Perhaps in another 50 years the things we think that are important now won't be then and many problems will be resolved, but I would suggest that it is not going to happening overnight or with a new president as your thoughts seem to express. It will take many years of good leadership to make things better. The Hole we dug is deep and will take years to fix by many different people working towards it. One president can't/won't make major changes on his own.

3Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:05 pm

gypsy

gypsy
well first Tyler, i was not totally expressing about new president,..

a new year, new era~ I was reflecting on starting the corrections,and with breath held. is a term,not really hold our breath but awaiting what different avenues our country will take.. we all are watching ,to see what differences will occur,like a form of holding ones breath,,

I don't expect anyone to agree, just my reflections` and optimism ..
I also do not push my beliefs onto anyone,but feel we can all express those thoughts.. Sunday Morning Reflections 67629

4Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:30 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes of course we can express our thoughts here that's what this forum is all about. I know you didn't mean it literally about holding ones breath, I realized that was just a figure of speech, but it still means that you are waiting in anticipation for something to happen, I am stating that I am not doing that. I am expecting to see some different ways of doing the same ol thing, that's what I'm expecting. But I'm hoping if and when something does change/happen it will be for the good, but like I said I'm not waiting for anything to happen, I have other things I need to focus on besides what Obama says hes gonna do next. Quite frankly I've heard it all before and nothing ever changes. We still are in debt and we still have the worst health care in the industrialized world, and if that isn't enough we are at war. So what these people in charge say they are going to do doesn't interest me until I notice something happen for the good, then I will start to take notice of these people, until then I will go about my own business. Sunday Morning Reflections 67629

5Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I didn't even mention Obama.. lol
there are changes with each new year,and with each new president, but sometimes not for the good` I agree~ I also agree with telling the same things~ but i never give up` I think one day things will be better, we will have a booming economy again, no war, and less unemployed~it will take longer than four years ,and all of us working together~
ok ~ I am through reflecting, on this subject.. on my second pot of coffee~ cheers

6Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:48 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gee i don't know where to start or really not have thought much on this but just day to day things i need to do. at first i thought with this new administration, things would change a lot. being the far left may take over, i think we see now that will not be the case. so i don't expect a lot of change. i do hope and pray for the economy. as it effects ppl lives more than most anything else,(with the exception of family members in the middle east) i hope for a quick fix in the economy, but i know that will not happen. all i read is it may be worse before better, and may take years. but i still hope and pray for a faster change than is being anticipated. i know ppl hope for no war. but if u think about it, it will be with us for decades, like the cold war. but in the cold war the communist did not want to die for the cause. they had some smarts, and knew a real shooting war would end it all. so a stalemate that ended, for the most part as we basically out tech-ed them. but this war will be decades as it has already been in the middle east, but now is world wide. the difference is these radical Muslims, do not care if they die, which is much worse, and anyone that thinks the radical Islamic Muslims will just pack up and go home and stop it all ,raise ur hand. its not going to happen. this will be with us for decades, our only hope is we can keep it off our shores. as i have said before, since 9-11 nothing major has came here, but if it does again, that administration will be a one term administration. maybe we should appreciate the ppl that have been in charge of our safety more than we have been. rather than fuss about loosing freedoms with homeland security. i think it has worked well. i personally have great inexpensive health care.. but I'm always mindful I'm one lay off away from being on expensive cobra, or no insurance, so i do in this area hope the government can craft a back up system for the ppl that are in a position that need it, this will be tough as we already have so much debt, trying to jump start the economy. well i will hush now Sunday Morning Reflections 140282 will be fun to watch .. oh i forgot the most important thing, college football recruiting, Sunday Morning Reflections 76627

7Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:50 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
The situation the economy and the world is in now is the culmination of many years of failures. Not just 4-8-or 12 years but going back many more years than that. War ?? When has there not been a war, as long as the countries of the world opt to not get along and stay in power struggles there will always be war. We have our own war right here on the home front it is called the war on drugs, crimes and poverty. Poverty has always been a way of life in the US. Unwilling people to strive to better themselves living off the system, invasions of illegals sucking the resources dry. I agree Tyler it will take many years to slowly turn this situation around. One man a few new lawmakers will have a very minimum effect. January 20th will be no mark of a new era, just a continuation of the struggle within our country.
With all the money spent on bumping up the economy who is it really helping ? Not the ones that will feel the squeeze of losing benefits or having health care programs and education funding halted to cover the cost of rescuing the big 3. CEO's of these many failing institutions were greedy uncontrolled vultures. We are in for a very long painful ride to reverse the magnitude of damage that has been done. A new era..no, just same shit different day.

8Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:23 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I said I was through reflecting,..but here I am again.. oh well!!
It is coming up a new year.. Not one person here that commented got my drift~ I also said I did not blame anyone person or was even talking about president elect,..I should know that by now~that whatever I comment about will reflect negativity` from others.... Any way Happy New Year Coming~ I hope it will be better~it is a new era/and a new year~

I never give up hope.

9Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:06 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:I said I was through reflecting,..but here I am again.. oh well!!
It is coming up a new year.. Not one person here that commented got my drift~ I also said I did not blame anyone person or was even talking about president elect,..I should know that by now~that whatever I comment about will reflect negativity` from others.... Any way Happy New Year Coming~ I hope it will be better~it is a new era/and a new year~

I never give up hope.
I'd like to know why you think whatever you comment about will reflect negativity from others. What did anyone say here that even remotely came close to being negative towards you?

I don't see it at all.

10Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:09 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran

I never give up hope.

i was not commenting on ur post negativily or ment to, i was just posting my feelings on the coming year, i also have hope. as we all should. its a healthy thing to have. but hope can manifest and resolve issues in various ways was my point, actually i am glad certain things are going the way they are, i was expecting it to be different. i wish that next year for me personally is as good as this year, i made more money this year than any other year in my life . so it was a good year. but i worked for it, in overtime etc. just hope it holds up,, take care,

11Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:

I never give up hope.
I'd like to know why you think whatever you comment about will reflect negativity from others. What did anyone say here that even remotely came close to being negative towards you?

I don't see it at all.

Tyler, i did not mean it was directed at me personally, I was commenting on positive thoughts and hope, I never once said this president or administration would change or completely turn it around..
I said I hope it is a a start,maybe I worded it wrong..but I was only reflecting hope,and yes it is a new era, everything changes, new year, new ideas,new people. nothing stays the same..

we are in a sense holding our breath,some of us anyway, to see what the future brings.. I hope I explained adequately,sorry for the confusion..

12Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:55 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:

I never give up hope.

I don't see it at all.

Tyler, i did not mean it was directed at me personally, I was commenting on positive thoughts and hope, I never once said this president or administration would change or completely turn it around..
I said I hope it is a a start,maybe I worded it wrong..but I was only reflecting hope,and yes it is a new era, everything changes, new year, new ideas,new people. nothing stays the same..

we are in a sense holding our breath,some of us anyway, to see what the future brings.. I hope I explained adequately,sorry for the confusion..
I was only assuming you must have meant the 'new administration' was going to make some changes as that seemed what your subject was rooted from, sorry for my misinterpretation.

Yes you were reflecting hope, and I was commenting on it, nothing more nothing less. I agree nothing stays the same, I'd be the first to acknowledge that in a similar type discussion, but how much a president can do was the root of my point in response to yours.

Change is the inevitable process of life, no one is debating that, I was expressing my lack of faith in a presidents ability to execute the changes they say they will, or think they can.

13Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:28 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I don't feel anything I posted was negative towards you Gypsy. You have your high expectations of the coming as you say `new era' and we each have our own feelings, as in all forums opinions will vary from person to person. We all seemed to have reflected on the subject each in their own way.

14Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:18 pm

gypsy

gypsy
very good point,SSC I didn't mean negative was directed personally at me, but at the optimism projected in the new year, not just politically but in many aspects of life, you made some good points on war on poverty,crime homeless and illegals..
I know it will take a long time, to come back to the high standards we expect for our country..like I said, I was not meaning our incoming president will miraculously fix it all~

I was reflecting the good part,Hope, united, a new year,new beginning, and what it could bring..I might have misunderstood yours and Tyler's comments as negative,but not at me, at the thoughts I posted and the hopes/wishes, even before the New Year started~

I look differently at the war in Iraq, maybe it was necessary, and probably it will never end, they have been fighting there for thousand/+ years~I just wonder why we got involved,I don't believe it was because of 911.. oh well I have theorized enough~

sometimes it is hard to determine what one means by writing,.. I hope it is now understood what I meant,..

This morning, a feeling of hope, I wrote my thoughts down~~

it did make for a good conversation/thoughts, though~

15Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:18 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:very good point,SSC I didn't mean negative was directed personally at me, but at the optimism projected in the new year, not just politically but in many aspects of life, you made some good points on war on poverty,crime homeless and illegals..
I know it will take a long time, to come back to the high standards we expect for our country..like I said, I was not meaning our incoming president will miraculously fix it all~

I was reflecting the good part,Hope, united, a new year,new beginning, and what it could bring..I might have misunderstood yours and Tyler's comments as negative,but not at me, at the thoughts I posted and the hopes/wishes, even before the New Year started~

I look differently at the war in Iraq, maybe it was necessary, and probably it will never end, they have been fighting there for thousand/+ years~I just wonder why we got involved,I don't believe it was because of 911.. oh well I have theorized enough~

sometimes it is hard to determine what one means by writing,.. I hope it is now understood what I meant,..

This morning, a feeling of hope, I wrote my thoughts down~~

it did make for a good conversation/thoughts, though~

yep that it did good convo,, when i spoke of war , i did not mean iraq, which i feel still was for wmd, from bad intel, even other countrys thought the same, atleast it kept one of sadams mad sons from becoming iraq leader, , i was talking about the global war on terrorism, which when a country is hit , like india was, we gain a country that will be more active in the fight and intel amoung nations that want to see the terrorist attacks ended, which will take decades, or maybe never, there always will be a radical willing to strap on a bomb and enter a crowd, or a driver with a bomb filled van,, or some bio agent released by some radical, that is the worst scare. but it will come one day, iran backs all this, thats why they cant be allowed to go nuclear, but i fear they might, who knows, maybe hamas firing over 3000 rockets into israel this year, so now israel is taking bold action, just maybe its to keep them busy as iran works on their nuclear program, just a thought.

16Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:05 am

rosco 357 wrote:

maybe we should appreciate the ppl that have been in charge of our safety more than we have been. rather than fuss about loosing freedoms with homeland security. i think it has worked well.

Sunday Morning Reflections 76627

Terrorist are a part of our lives now. Bin Ladin is a sorry SOB who hates America. Terrorist may try to hit us again, but not on such a grand scale as before. The troops have kept the majority busy in Iraq, but I personally think we have sleeper cells waiting. They haven't gone away although many have been captured. If they do hit again it will be from a plan in the making for a long time. They are opportunist in mass murder . However their contempt of GWB makes it more likely if we withdraw. It is impossible to predict the actions of bloody fanatical mad men; they either will strike again or they won't. We are much better prepared to deal with them now. WE can only hope their balls have shriveled a little.

17Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:22 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well they basically hate us mainly because of we are so pro israel, and this will not change, obama has made his position known on gaza and israel,.i feel obama is sincere, any candidate for office that is not pro israel will not be elected,
there was a inteligence report of something happening here, but that rumor happened in india. i think the FBI < CIA , homeland security, and the NSA have kept lots of things in check here, sure there are sleeper cells, world wide, our best hope is countrys work with us as india has proposed to do. and as i said as each county is hit , it becomes a harder working friend in the war on terrorism.. frankly as i think i have read, bin ladin,may not even be calling the shots now..its way bigger than one man now. the main devil now is iran in the long run..i think we will keep seeing american interest hit in other countrys, and not here, but thats not to say it will not happen, i just think it easier for the terrorist to do their deeds in other countrys.just thoughts we shall see, take care..

18Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:37 am

gypsy

gypsy
Do you think Bin Laden is still alive?

I heard on a news broadcast that future historians may proclaim GB a better president than what is thought by most now~ I do notice he has lost his smirk, and has aged extremely in 8years,, he definitely has had a full plate..

19Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:09 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Do you think Bin Laden is still alive?

I heard on a news broadcast that future historians may proclaim GB a better president than what is thought by most now~ I do notice he has lost his smirk, and has aged extremely in 8years,, he definitely has had a full plate..

well yes i posted on GW, as a article compaired him to truman , who had maybe even a lower rating, but its here posted, but i forget the numbers, but now truman is one of the most popular,i think the 8th most popular, but not sure, its here somewhere, lol,, they are compaired because both came off with huge problems, so thats now is taken into account on truman anyway in ppls minds, and historians,
as for bin ladin , there are 2 schools of thought some feel he is dead, but there are smart ppl as i have read studying any pic or info coming out down to the last small detail to see if its authinic , i think most feel he is alive and on the pakistan , afganistan northern border, its a wild west up there. im not sure why but pakistan is even a bit scared to enforce the place, that is where we have been killing the terrorist leaders with the preditor unmanned planes shooting hellfire missles, their optics must be assume, i think some governments , dont police the radical islamic muslims because their government is not that stable, and fear a backlash, from the muslims, kind like what happened in iran with the hostages and the government taking over when the shaw of iran was kicked out but im fuzzy on details this is just memory, i actually in a way feel sorry for GB in a way, at least out shores have been safe from any more attacks here. but miles to go before we know, take care

20Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:31 am

gypsy

gypsy
The predator missile is hard for me,because it kills children ,and innocents?
right? I may be wrong~

21Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:43 am

gypsy

gypsy
i actually in a way feel sorry for GB in a way, at least out shores have been safe from any more attacks here. but miles to go before we know, take care/////

I do now in a way,because he was used,, by Cheney

but in another way I don't ,because he wanted to prove himself, and not be like his Daddy,he wanted to be bad..lol~ does that make sense?? his own mark?? funny but in years, he will be evaluated>> more

22Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:00 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:The predator missile is hard for me,because it kills children ,and innocents?
right? I may be wrong~

well the predator is a unmanned plane that can fly over a place for hours, till its optics with i cant even imagine how good they are, and ppl watching recognise a terrorist leader, so the preditor shoots a hell fire missle, many leading terrorist have been killed this way and named , pakistan protest but still we do it.paklistan will not go up there they are scared. there always will be colateral damage, but we have took out many leaders, u have to remember these are ppl that send in ppl with bombs straped to them into markets, and resterants, and kill many more innocent ppl than we do.. there is no easy answer, these are the ppl that are willing to kill thousands of innocent ppl on purpose, not from colateral damage in trying to kill a terrorist leader, for me the trade off is worth it rather than not doing nothing. not doing nothing, lets them organize easier for another attack here. the best we can do is keep them off balance as much as possible. we want the leaders and do find them, they want anyone that is not islamic..but do want hi value targets like happened in india, with tons of regular ppl shot down, as a pathetic indian police force were scared to do nothing, , a city of 18 million did not even have a swat team,had world war one rifles, it took 9 hours for an indian comando team to arive to stop the carnage, but now we gained a member in the war on terrorism, in india, this is a war ppl die in wars, we cant end it, only the terrorist can, and does anyone think they will stop . like someone said they want to kill us or convert us. this is why iran cant be allowed nukes. these ppl will use all they have.. take care,

23Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:45 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:The predator missile is hard for me,because it kills children ,and innocents?
right? I may be wrong~

Terrorists kill mothers, fathers, sons and daughters with never batting an eye, if we can blow them to hell and back then so be it. Poverty kills children are we so sensitive about it.

24Sunday Morning Reflections Empty Re: Sunday Morning Reflections Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:39 am

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:
right? I may be wrong~

Terrorists kill mothers, fathers, sons and daughters with never batting an eye, if we can blow them to hell and back then so be it. Poverty kills children are we so sensitive about it.
//

yes,God help the innocent,,we support Israel/God

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum