You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SSC

SSC
Admin
Clyburn: GOP Governors' Stimulus Refusal Would Be 'Slap in the Face' to Blacks
At a roundtable meeting to discuss how the newly-signed stimulus will affect South Carolina, Clyburn says the money from the stimulus will create jobs and repair roads and bridges around the state
www.foxnews.com
Thursday, February 19, 2009
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- The highest-ranking black congressman says opposition to the federal stimulus package by southern governors is "a slap in the face of African-Americans."

Democratic Congressman Jim Clyburn of South Carolina said Thursday he was insulted when the GOP governors of several states said they might not accept some of the money from the $787 billion stimulus package. Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Wednesday he would accept the money.

Clyburn said he was trying to protect black Americans when he added a provision to the stimulus package that would let state lawmakers override governors who oppose it.

Clyburn's spokeswoman later said he didn't mean that he thought those governors were racially motivated, but rejecting it would hurt large black populations in their states.

Though none has outright rejected the money available for education, health care and infrastructure, the governors of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, South Carolina, Alaska and Idaho have all questioned whether the $787 billion bill signed into law this week will even help the economy. Opponents, meanwhile, say they're are putting conservative ideology ahead of the needs of constituents.

"My concern is there's going to be commitments attached to it that are a mile long," said Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who considered rejecting some of the money but decided Wednesday to accept it. "We need the freedom to pick and choose. And we need the freedom to say 'No thanks."'

Not all Republican governors are reticent about using the federal cash.

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist lobbied for the stimulus plan and Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue has embraced it as he looks to close a $2.6 billion deficit in the state's budget this year. Alabama Gov. Bob Riley has already figured the money into his state's budget.

gypsy

gypsy
I hope it works, and even if it doesn't it was a try,,more than the predecessor~~ YAA

SSC

SSC
Admin
GYPSY...... KISS MY BUSH SUPPORTING ASS GOP Governors' Stimulus Refusal Would Be 'Slap in the Face' to Blacks 692113

gypsy

gypsy
Yuk!! no thanks...
I kiss no ass !!l GOP Governors' Stimulus Refusal Would Be 'Slap in the Face' to Blacks 729264

SSC

SSC
Admin
Not to sure about that but I'll let that one slide...

gypsy

gypsy
no,don't let it slide~ if i kiss ass ,I sure would want to know whose?~~ and it isn't Obama

SSC

SSC
Admin
HAHAHAHA...you who knows all would never admit it anyway.

gypsy

gypsy
Geese SSC I will know whose ass I kiss,and it will surely be one I choose, not one who leads by blindness, or who is afraid to buck up against~~for reasons??

SSC

SSC
Admin
Mays ..Gypsy your anti american buddy who feeds you all your news info since you have such trouble finding any on your own...

gypsy

gypsy
haha now that is a hoot!! Mays?? now what brought that on,?Mays feeds me no news articles~~ but you must believe what you will~

Mays is a friend though..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
If I find out a member is coping the 'messages' from this forum and pasting them to other sites, or showing it to "Mays" or anyone else, I would remind that individual it's against the rules to copy the messages members make and paste them anywhere else but this forum. Also, Mays has been banned, and he is not going to participate in this forum until or "if" I ever decided to unban him. As of now I have no plans of doing that. So I'm making it known if someone is copying messages or material from this forum and showing them to a banned member and pasting his response/material here, or coping and pasting posts that originated from this forum by its members to other sites, that they are breaking forum rules and will be warned, or banned.

Of course, I'm talking about "Messages" not URL web addresses, as web addresses are public domain. For example, if a member here posted a YouTube video, and another member wanted to post that same video to another site, it would be perfectly fine becuase that YouTube video or URL is public domain.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program..

gypsy

gypsy
Tyler if this was meant for me, after SSc brought up Mays name, I have never copied a message from here. I am very amused that SSC made the comment, that is where I get my news articles,and that I kiss ass~ that is very hilarious .

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I'm not saying you are doing that, I have don't have enough proof either way to make that judgment call, I'm just stating the facts.

gypsy

gypsy
ok, I would never do that,and I am appalled at someone thinking that.. I just thought funny that you put that after SSC comment.. and after my reply`

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well Yes, I brought it up becuase SSC mentioned that kind of action, it was a good time to post this forums position on it. To think I posted that out of the blue is absurd.

gypsy

gypsy
ok, I understand after the comment SSC made it was a good time, i never thought you did it out of the blue,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I feel compelled to write something more becuase I have a lot on my mind right now, so let me say this, I try to run an honest forum, I really do, and when some idiots come here to spy or act in an un-honest way, it really pisses me off, I'm not going to lay down to it. One thing is for sure, is that they are powerless to say anything here becuase they know damn well they will expose themselves, they are silenced by being banned even if they get by the banned status by using another computer, they are still 'silenced' becuase they can't risk exposing themselves. They know I can recognize them and they understand that, and they also know I can check IPs and have other sources to find them out. The point is, once someone is banned they are basically gone and powerless to speak under their known ID, which basically is no fun to them, it means they don't have a voice from the one people knew, and that is simply no fun, They want to be heard from the voice you know them from.

I run this forum "Honest" and will continue to do so, all others will be found out and taken care of, respectively.

I have family problems right now, my Dad is not well and in the hospital, I have alot on my mind, and in the spirit of my Dad I felt like voicing the subject of "Honesty", as my Dad was/is the most honest and good person I have ever known.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:I feel compelled to write something more becuase I have a lot on my mind right now, so let me say this, I try to run an honest forum, I really do, and when some idiots come here to spy or act in an un-honest way, it really pisses me off, I'm not going to lay down to it. One thing is for sure, is that they are powerless to say anything here becuase they know damn well they will expose themselves, they are silenced by being banned even if they get by the banned status by using another computer, they are still 'silenced' becuase they can't risk exposing themselves. They know I can recognize them and they understand that, and they also know I can check IPs and have other sources to find them out. The point is, once someone is banned they are basically gone and powerless to speak under their known ID, which basically is no fun to them, it means they don't have a voice from the one people knew, and that is simply no fun, They want to be heard from the voice you know them from. Well I'm not going to give them the pleasure of being dishonest. I run this forum "Honest" and will continue to do so, all others will be found out and taken care of, respectively.

I have family problems right now, my Dad is not well and in the hospital, I have alot on my mind, and in the spirit of my Dad I felt like voicing the subject of "Honesty", as my Dad was/is the most honest and good person I have ever known.
]I do agree with you on this matter, and I will say I have no idea who most of these members registered here are, except the ones who post regularly..I will also say I will never be dishonest with you~I would never send anything posted here to anyone..
I hope your Dad gets well and my thoughts are with you

SSC

SSC
Admin
Hope for a speedy recovery for your Dad Tyler.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thanks SSC and Gypsy.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum