You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Empty Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:13 pm

I always thought SR was partial to Telecasters. In any case, The Strat belongs to Eric Clapton, Kieth Richards, and Mark Knoffler. The Telecaster to Don Rich and Stevie Ray, the Rickenbacker to Tom Petty, and Gretsch or Gibson jumbos to Chet Atkins. The Les Paul (original semi-hollow) will always belong to Les Paul himself, but so many have used it, and still do, it can be said to belong to everybody.

2Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Empty Re: Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:12 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Actually Moon, Stevie Ray plays a Stratocaster and always has, not a Telecaster, but for the rest of what you mentioned I totally agree, great observation.

3Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Empty Re: Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:24 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I love stevie rays music~

4Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Empty Re: Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:58 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah I have too, hes really original. As far as the guitar mistake Moon made, its very easy to mistake those two guitars (strats & Tellys), they are very similar with one recognizable distinction if you look close enough the Strat has a whammy bar. There are other minor detail differences. But I really like Moons post it was great, just the one minor detail..lol Sorry Moon I really didn't want to tell you..lol

5Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Empty Re: Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:00 pm

gypsy

gypsy
moon sounded very good playing~ would enjoy hearing more

6Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Empty Re: Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:32 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah me too.

I'd like to point out that I appreciate Moon for mentioning the "Video of the week" I post weekly, its nice to hear people are checking them out. Thanks Moon

7Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Empty Re: Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:36 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes i notice them and listen..
sorry for not commenting sooner.
you and moon should get together for a jam` session that would be awesome to hear

8Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Empty Re: Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:43 am

runawayhorses wrote:Actually Moon, Stevie Ray plays a Stratocaster and always has, not a Telecaster, but for the rest of what you mentioned I totally agree, great observation.
You is right, I be wrong. I've only seen one SR video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYRzH10L2M in which the modern scenes were shot at the Fender factory. In those scenes, the Teli appeared as often as the Strat and I made an incorrect association. I've let my pro-Teli/anti-Strat bigotry show. I like SR and ackowledge his incredible talent, but I'm not so "bloozy" in my preferences.There are those who can credibly argue against every single one of my choices as expressed.

9Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Empty Re: Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:47 am

runawayhorses wrote:Actually Moon, Stevie Ray plays a Stratocaster and always has, not a Telecaster, but for the rest of what you mentioned I totally agree, great observation.
You is right; I be wrong. I went back and looked. I've only seen one SR video and in that video,there is a visit to the Fender factory in which the Teli appears as often as the Strat. I made the wrong association. I let my pro-Teli, anti-Strat bigotry show. There are many who can credibly argue against every single one of my preferences as expressed. Frankly, I'm not an SR fan.

10Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Empty Re: Stevie Ray/Vid of the week Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:05 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah I understand about being pro-Teli as you know I am too. Considering Strats and Teli's are both Fender that was a reasonable mistake to make with SR and his guitar + you not being a big fan of his, and neither am I btw.

I watched a RUSH DVD concert last night (one of my fav bands) and the guitarist Alex Lifeson played about 10 or 15 different guitars in his collection, which included a Teli and Les Paul. In fact, he used the Teli and Les Paul most it seemed, but managed to play many of his other guitars as well. I actually felt after hearing them all the Teli and LP sounded the best, of course I'm bias to both those guitars.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum