You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SSC

SSC
Admin
Pennsylvania Newspaper Runs Ad Calling for Obama Assassination
Friday, May 29, 2009
www.foxnews.com

WARREN, Pa. — A small-town newspaper is apologizing for running a classified advertisement calling for the assassination of President Barack Obama.

Warren Times Observer Publisher John Elchert says the ad appeared Thursday. It read, "May Obama follow in the steps of Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley and Kennedy!" The four presidents were all assassinated.

Elchert tells The Associated Press that the newspaper's advertising staff didn't make the historical connection.

He says the northwestern Pennsylvania newspaper turned information over to police and that the Secret Service is investigating the person who placed the ad.

A note in Friday's paper says the newspaper "apologizes for the oversight."

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
WOW, anyperson should know the secret service investigates threats,or things of that nature, whoever bought that add, may not be in real trouble but may have alot of question answer time with the secret service,

gypsy

gypsy
That news article was one major screw up~ how can a professional news paper make that bad of a mistake?? it is one screwy world~ I say

SSC

SSC
Admin
Pennsylvania Newspaper Runs Ad Calling for Obama Assassination 729264 Guess not everyone is in love with Obama...

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
you should have heard oursuper debate at the lake, im kinda conservative on things, not everything, but gosh, my family, sister, and nehews and daughters,bro in law, man they think im obama himself, lol, they dont want anything he wants, they did not believe me and i could be wrong, but i have heard numerous times over the years, that commercial medical insurance has a 20 percent administration cost and medicare has a 3 percent administration cost, i read that and heard that seveal times over a long period, but it may not be correct, no one thought it was they all hate the government, lol, and buying guns, and ammo , as there is a rumor obama may make ammo expensive, but my nephew got a shotgun with a 20 round bannana clip, and i shot a pistol my nephews wife gave him at the lake for anniversary, i saw the bill, its a 45 caliber automatic, i forget the brand, it starts with an A but it was 1300.00 bucks, i just cant see that, i went through a gun heat when i was young, but i stuck with revolvers,...

SSC

SSC
Admin
Ammo is going up down here fast, there has been months of steady gun buying, many are not comfortable with Obama's stance on guns and his new judge to be is also anti-gun. I just bought a 9mm glock, I have all of my husbands deer rifles but wanted a good hand gun, plus I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon with a deputy commission.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i have 4 revolvers, i shot a glock, my son in law was carring on on his hip, we all were shooting, at targets at the lake, lol, his glock is short handle, and i let the slide hit and cut my hand, lol,, he has as my nephew has, and said it was the gun of the year, springfield 45 caliber automatics, both have them but different styles, i have to clean my pistol we all shot it, we had all kinds, they all have like 4 a piece, different kinds, 357. my daughter has a 380 and a 9mm, both autos, that expensive 45 he got was all stanless steal, but black . i know the glock is i think composite, but they had another composite one i forgot which one it was, not sure it may have been the springfield, which like i said was the gun of the year, my nephew said.. i have a colt detective and a colt cobra, layed side by side u cant tell them apart, but the cobra is 16 1/2 oz, and the detective is 28 oz , bough are thick barrel and heavy frame, the cobra is just made from some kinda light metal, i carry in one car a charter arms undercover, which is my best carrying pistol. and in my truck i carry a rossi which they all shot, i have my colts hidden..

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i got my first permit to carry a pistol 33 years ago, they cost 7.50 a year here. its unrestricted, so i can carry any pistol, long ago, u had to list ur pistols but that ended,

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:Pennsylvania Newspaper Runs Ad Calling for Obama Assassination 729264 Guess not everyone is in love with Obama...
no one expects everyone to be in love with our leader.. that is fact~~ but still doesn't excuse the article..

gypsy

gypsy
all the guns we have are shotguns 410 and 12 gauge,and a 22rifle
we don't own a hand gun..
haven't know any increase in ammunition here, but will check with my sons..

SSC

SSC
Admin
I want a firearm that is easy to get to , rifles and shotguns are to bulky , with our ever growing problem with hispanics and blacks and burglary I feel alot more comfortable. Not to mention the damn snakes are really bad this year. We have a shooting range across the river in the swamp, I go practice with the local sheriffs dept and they bus out the New Orleans PD . They have a competetion team I was asked to join but probably won't . I just shoot for protection.

gypsy

gypsy
we haven't ever had a reason to own a handgun, hope we never do..

SSC

SSC
Admin
rosco 357 wrote:i got my first permit to carry a pistol 33 years ago, they cost 7.50 a year here. its unrestricted, so i can carry any pistol, long ago, u had to list ur pistols but that ended,

I was given a special deputy commission years ago from our Sheriff, it allows me to carry a weapon in my truck where ever I go, even across state lines, all I had to do was pass an FBI back ground check. As many miles as I travel with work it is nice to know it is with me and always within reach.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum