You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Some Israelis Insulted By Obama Picture Empty Some Israelis Insulted By Obama Picture Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:53 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Some Israelis Insulted By Obama Picture
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06/09/world/worldwatch/entry5076128.shtml

My words, i will not take time to upload the pic,to see click the url,, its mainly just whoever takes pics in the oval office, of obama talking to prime minister bengamin Netanyahu, and obama had his feet proped up on his desk while he talked, actually the angle of the pic , like the photographer,took the shot from the other side of the desk with obama soles of his shoes being the first thing shown, i think this is a bit of nit picking but all cultures are different, if the photogapher had been to his side maybe it would be different, that way the soles of the shoes would not show, it seems silly, to me, but i do think obama needs to take more time and more friendly toward israel,

(White House Photo/Pete Sousa)
Israeli TV newscasters Tuesday night interpreted a photo taken Monday in the Oval Office of President Obama talking on the phone with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as an "insult" to Israel.

They saw the incident as somewhat akin to an incident last year, when the Iraqi reporter threw a shoe at President Bush in Baghdad.

It is considered an insult in the Arab world to show the sole of your shoe to someone. It is not a Jewish custom necessarily, but Israel feels enough a part of the Middle East after 60 years to be insulted too.

Was there a subliminal message intended from the White House to Netanyahu in Jerusalem, who is publicly resisting attempts by Mr. Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to force Israel to stop any kind of settlement activity in occupied territories once and forever?

Whether or not it is true, it shows the mood in Israel. They feel cornered. The reactions out of Israel reflect that feeling.

Netanyahu is making a speech Sunday, in part as a response to Mr. Obama's address to the Arab world last week in Cairo.

Israel's Channel One TV reported that Netanyahu was told Tuesday by an "American official" in Jerusalem that, "We are going to change the world. Please, don't interfere." The report said Netanyahu's aides interpreted this as a "threat."

Netanyahu met with George Mitchell today for four hours in Jerusalem. The State Department announced this afternoon that Mitchell will be stopping in Beirut and Damascus when he finishes his visits to Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum