You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
MY WORDS: this may not hold, but some police are begging ppl to not make them beat the ppl, the thing to watch is if the military and police start to crack,some police are turning a blind eye as witneses have stated,, but many are not, this may or may not be history in the making, but nothing like this has happened since 1979 in iran, the thousands of Californian Iranians are out marching, they said unless i heard wrong and dont think i did,that are over one million iranians living in west wood area, in southern california,part of los angeles, at first i thought they said 20 percent of beverly hills were iranians, but i would have to hear that again, many more now are saying the vote was rigged, i think over 20 million voted, hand ballots only and they announced the winner in 4 hours, not enough time to count the votes..
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obama calls on Iran to 'stop all violent and unjust actions'

Obama directly addresses the Iranian government for the first time after a day of violence in Iran:

The Iranian government must understand that the world is watching. We mourn each and every innocent life that is lost. We call on the Iranian government to stop all violent and unjust actions against its own people. The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected, and the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights.

As I said in Cairo, suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. The Iranian people will ultimately judge the actions of their own government. If the Iranian government seeks the respect of the international community, it must respect the dignity of its own people and govern through consent, not coercion.

Martin Luther King once said - “The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” I believe that. The international community believes that. And right now, we are bearing witness to the Iranian peoples’ belief in that truth, and we will continue to bear witness.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum