You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Heat Index well over 100 in Florida today, this is totally wrong.. Heat Index well over 100 degrees today in Florida 503179

gypsy

gypsy
here in Kentucky HOT!HOT!! 97 degrees and heat index 103

SSC

SSC
Admin
We are at 100 with heat index of 110..no change for the next 5 days, no rain in sight.

gypsy

gypsy
Another hot one here today, we need rain~hope everyone is having a good Tuesday>

gypsy

gypsy
two weeks ago the pool water was cold, now it is like bathwater, hot Heat Index well over 100 degrees today in Florida 503179

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
its 150 degrees in bama with a heat index of 175 , i just did not want to be out done,,, teasing, lmao , yall have fun, its work time ,, ugg pray for me, lol,

gypsy

gypsy
whew, that would be hot,a few years ago we were in Las Vegas and it was 120 degrees in the shade LOL teasing there wasn't any shade.. you got mine Rosco. be careful~

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
The sheet metal shop I used to work in with my Dad had no air conditioning, and it would easily heat up in the afternoons like an oven to around 115 or close that mark, it was miserable heat, but we managed somehow and got thru it everyday in the summer together, taking lunches at Denny's and getting some air conditioning relief. Ah, those were the days, god I wish I could do it all over again.

My Mom was a CPA and worked in an office all her life (her own practice and business), and she also taught accounting in college and was a very highly respected professor. And she would have a cold drink (ice tea) waiting for us when we got home, its was a very welcomed relief. I miss her so much too.

gypsy

gypsy
I so enjoy reading things about the ones we know on the forum here.
I enjoyed reading that Tyler.
I can remember my grandma sitting under the shade tree in summer snapping green beans,it was so hot, she would get up very early to get her work done in garden an house, sit under the tree with her feet in cold ice water , snapping/or shelling beans~ we played outside and never thought of how hot it was,when we got hot we would spray each other with the garden hose, go to the old swimming hole,then our little town finally built a public swimming pool ,in 1955,we thought we were really up town:)

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i have pretty much always had to work in the heat, i only get air cond when i have supper time, for half an hour, im glad it dry here maybe my grass will slow down

SSC

SSC
Admin
We went into an excessive heat warning today, cooling stations have been opened mostly for homeless and the elderly to cool off and get cold water.
We have been ordered to conserve water and a burn ban, I counted 7 burned spots on the interstate going to Waveland yesterday. This whole place is a tinder box so many trees in the woods dead from Katrina . Loving my grass dying, no mowing for sure.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:whew, that would be hot,a few years ago we were in Las Vegas and it was 120 degrees in the shade LOL teasing there wasn't any shade.. you got mine Rosco. be careful~
oh but u know they all say in i think las vegas and some areas, " WELL its dry heat" im sure it would be worse with the humidity coming out from the gulf, but still 120 degrees is hot, have u ever noticed, like san diago, how fast the temp changes from the coast to just a small bit as u go inland, i have a person i know that lives outside san diego so i use to check the temps,

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i took basic training at fort polk Louisianan, from may thru sept it was hot. trust me with fatigues on and back pack, rifle running each day to the firing ranges which are not close, was tough, at that time they gave out salt pill, now i think they dont, but taking them my fatigues would just turn white with the salt coming out,
ihave said this but my boss said he does not think if he had not grew up im the southeast he would have not made it in vietnam,. that vietnam weather is almost like alabama weather, except for the long rain period,

gypsy

gypsy
We have heat relief centers opened up here last week.
I notice workers in town taking more breaks and going into the relief center.
They are demolishing old buildings to build a CVS,right downtown, that is good tearing down those old stores, some i bet are a hundred years old~
yes Rosco the humidity was different out there, but still hot~

gypsy

gypsy
Hi Everyone
after hump day! LOL

well sweltering again here, no relief in sight.
its mowing time again for me` so I will be doing that in a few, hope all of you are staying cool~

have plenty of water, lemonade,iced tea ,on hand~

later

gypsy

gypsy
nice here today low humidity

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum