You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Japanese Beetles Empty Japanese Beetles Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:15 pm

gypsy

gypsy
anyone having problems with these pests?
they were eating sassafras tree, and a few other shrubs, liquid seven knocks them out~~

2Japanese Beetles Empty Re: Japanese Beetles Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:23 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
They have been an epidemic here since Katrina , you can hear them at night in the trees. The state estimates 100 million pine trees affected by them, this year, not to mention the millions of dead pines in the woods from other storms. FEMA has refused to assist in the removal and the state is under-funded.

3Japanese Beetles Empty Re: Japanese Beetles Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:26 pm

gypsy

gypsy
They are awful SSC,I swept up thousands,well it looked like that,a lot of them! anyway and they are still dying, thank goodness,some of our trees look like lace,so much devouring~
something needs to be done~

4Japanese Beetles Empty Re: Japanese Beetles Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:36 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
If you have a county forestery agent contact them, the trees that they have bored into the heart will die and become a hazard. They lay their larva in the tree and a new batch hatch and start damaging the tree. Good luck , it is a constant battle here.

5Japanese Beetles Empty Re: Japanese Beetles Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:58 am

gypsy

gypsy
yes,we do.
I have,they said the beetle is rampant all over the state. something will be done they said~if possible

6Japanese Beetles Empty Re: Japanese Beetles Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:01 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
THey told us years ago they would handle it here, but the expense of control was way out of the states budget, your best bet to is cut the trees and remove the trees before they die and fall.

7Japanese Beetles Empty Re: Japanese Beetles Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:23 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well i have that problem with pine beetles , not real bad, but like u said the larve eat the wood then develop into beetles, and come out,then goes to lay eggs i guess, they even were in some of my floor joist back in the 70s when the house was new, i think they were in the wood when it was cut, but where my mom worked came out and sprayed all my joist with some real powerfull stuff that was actually illegal to use, but had been used in the past, that got them, i could hear them at nite when working in the basement, i thought it was a mouse, , lol, but the tree needs to come down before they spread to other trees,this was before i bought the property beside me and behind me, the trees in my original yard are big and healthy, when mom use to could get me strong stuff free, i would spray the trees but mix it with diesel fuel as i was told to do,, but i dont spray them now, lightning got 3 trees, anyway, my trees work me to death, i have way to many, take care

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum