You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/2009/07/05/michael-jackson-to-be-buried-without-his-brain-115875-21495043/

Michael Jackson will be buried this week– without his brain. As his family tries to finalise details for the King of Pop’s funeral on Tuesday they have been told it will be held back for tests.

They faced the grim choice of waiting up to three weeks for Jackson’s brain to be returned to them or go ahead and bury him without it – which they have decided to do.

Los Angeles Coroner’s spokesman Craig Harvey confirmed that neuropathology tests will be carried out to see if it holds any clues to the exact cause of his death.

But the examination cannot begin until at least two weeks after the death when the brain has hardened sufficiently to slice it open.

Jackson died from a cardiac arrest at his Beverly Hills mansion on June 25 after a suspected overdose of painkillers.

Sources at the coroner’s office revealed that his brain was removed before his body was released to relatives the next day.

A forensic neuropathologist will test Jackson’s brain for, among other things, past drug use and whether he has suffered overdoses in the past.

The brain can also show any past abuse of alcohol or if the deceased had suffered from any one of a number of diseases. The source said that removing the brain is the “only way to carry out the tests”.

“The tissue has to be examined,” he said. “I can’t tell you how long that is going to take.”

One expert explained that the Jackson family could decide to wait and bury the brain with the rest of the body. But it is far more common for the lab to burn the remains once they’ve been examined or for them to be placed into the grave at a later date.

“It’s up to the family. They can bury him and then bury the brain later on,” said Dr Cyril Wecht, a former coroner and one of America’s foremost forensic pathologists.

But he added: “It’s rare for the body to be held back for two weeks or more.”

SSC

SSC
Admin
Not that he used it much anyway...sorry couldn't pass that one up

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i have now been hearing so much, a drug they use in anesthesia, i think he wanted, this even makes elvis drug use pale in comparison, i think MJ must have been on very powerful drugs, it is a shame just because he was who he was he had drs access to those drugs, seems he would think more of his 3 kids, but i guess drugs do weird things to ones judgement, take care

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I agree it is very sad, Because of his money he could buy doctors and get what he wanted. Its a powerful position to be in and regrettable he used it to buy drugs. So many celebrities do the same. There was no question in my mind as to why he died, drug use was the obvious conclusion.

The brain thing is indeed gross, I'm surprised they are going through the trouble to investigate it.

I'm just glad my Avril doesn't do drugs and never has, shes a very strong and determined woman, and keeps herself clean. It would kill me if anything ever happened to her.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
there are many opinions on all this, but events are what they are and driven by ppls interest. even if others disagree, but there was a lady on fox news i think but i did not hear it all , but i think she had a son in Iraq or Afghanistan. and she spoke of the death of soldiers, that truly deserve funerals that are more publicized. and now ppl hardly hear of deaths of our soldiers. but it is what it is, and no way to control how ppl react, she was compairing this MJ funeral with all its hoppla to the death of true heros. but again u cant control ppl interest in things, take care,

SSC

SSC
Admin
There was a woman whose son died the same day MJ did, and the media never acknowledged his death, she was livid at all the publicity and nothing for our honored war dead. I don't blame her, this circus needs to end.

I keep waiting for Michael to pop out of the casket and say Thank you all for coming I love you.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:There was a woman whose son died the same day MJ did, and the media never acknowledged his death, she was livid at all the publicity and nothing for our honored war dead. I don't blame her, this circus needs to end.
thats probably what i heard, as i only heard part, of it, and i agree, nothing much was said about farah faucet, if u spell it that way,, i had heard he was bald and wore wigs,

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Kat wrote:I keep waiting for Michael to pop out of the casket and say Thank you all for coming I love you.

lol Kat , thats funny,, i hope u are not gone and see this or come back sometime soon and see it, good to see u,dont be so shy, lol come and post, see u were funny, lol take care

As I sit here watching the final farwell and god I hope it's the final farewell. I have to ask myself why in the hell do they have Al Sharpton there and Jessie Jackson? I can't stand either one of those men.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Kat wrote:As I sit here watching the final farwell and god I hope it's the final farewell. I have to ask myself why in the hell do they have Al Sharpton there and Jessie Jackson? I can't stand either one of those men.

well u know how they have to have exposure, and where to get more than there,,,

SSC

SSC
Admin
Kat I agree, I heard they both did the publicity push to give the eulogy, Well I personally hope this is over even the Weather Channel is playing MJ songs...enough is enough

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum