You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dead at 92 Empty Dead at 92 Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:30 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Walter Cronkite,I like his delivery of the news.

Rest in Peace.

2Dead at 92 Empty Re: Dead at 92 Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:02 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Walter was the most trusted man in America~ news states.

3Dead at 92 Empty Re: Dead at 92 Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:24 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
he came at a time when journalist were respected. we still have news anchors on the the main news. but now we have 24/7 news that has to fill the hours with shows, not real news but ppls opinions, which is fine as long as one does not mix them up, new is just the reporting of events that actually happened, not what will happen to us if washington vote a certain way,that is speculation, and usually someone is selling a book that is a guest,
i remember as a child i liked the new, chet huntley and david brinkley were who i watched, on nbc, i still remember when he got choked up when reaporting president Kennedy was killed, he was the first anchor to be called an anchor..

4Dead at 92 Empty Re: Dead at 92 Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes Walter Cronkite reported on JFK assassination, that was a very tragic time.

5Dead at 92 Empty Re: Dead at 92 Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:55 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
At one time, his audience was so large, and his image so credible, that a 1972 poll determined he was "the most trusted man in America" - surpassing even the president, vice president, members of Congress and all other journalists. In a time of turmoil and mistrust, after Vietnam and Watergate, the title was a rare feat - and the label stuck.

It was a remarkable achievement for a man whose beginnings were anything but remarkable.

the whole article about his life is here
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/17/eveningnews/main5170556.shtml?tag=breakingnews

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum