You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Debunking the death panel myth Empty Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:30 pm

gypsy

gypsy
http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/08/debunking-the-d.html

Debunking the "death panel" myth
9:51 AM Tue, Aug 11, 2009 | Permalink
Michael Landauer/Editor Bio | E-mail | Suggest a blog topic

An AP story today does a great job of taking on Sarah Palin and others who allege that the health care bill in the House contains language about a "death panel" or some other government mandate on suicide counseling. This has been widely misunderstood and debunked.

We tackled this issue in a brief editorial a couple of weeks ago, and Dr. Robert Fine of Baylor took it on with an OPED on Saturday, but people are still confused (or deliberately trying to scare people.)

Yesterday, we had to pull a letter to the editor that said that the government would be involved in making decisions about how you would die. That's simply not true. The only government "involvement" is that Medicare would pay for such counseling between a patient and a hospital's lawyers/staff IF the patient sought that kind of service. This expense would be covered even if the person chooses to draw up papers stating wishes to be kept alive by machines for 50 years! It has nothing to do with suicide, which is illegal in almost every state in the nation.

I don't blame people who are actually confused because they have heard misinformation, although I expect a former VP candidate to have better access to information than most. But I cannot understand people who have now seen this information debunked who then go on to argue that, yeah, well, this is just the first step to a conspiracy to convince old people to die and get out of our way.

That's delusional

2Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:13 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
If posting from a blog is suppost to convince someone you fell short..

3Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:24 pm

gypsy

gypsy
just an opinion an a good one at that~isn't that what yours is opinions?

4Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:28 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
My opinion of a blog is they are a dime a dozen , not substantiated sources just something a person felt like writing about.

5Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:28 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:just an opinion an a good one at that~isn't that what yours is opinions?

there is no need to debunk the death panels that has already been debunked many days if not weeks ago, has been many articles posted debunking that, now is the time to wait till they return from their vacation , most everything u can post has been posted, take care,

6Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:36 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Very true Rosco.it has all been laid out, an shown that the myths,lies an distortions have been debunked.it is a wait an see now~

7Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:50 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
It is far from being clear because the bill is incomplete.....aka Not finished..

8Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:53 pm

gypsy

gypsy
of course always room for improvement~ but the myths have been debunked and many pants were on fire Debunking the death panel myth 440643

9Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:53 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
It is wonderful to know you are laying your own life in the hands of Obama and his field of idiots...You must be very convinced you will be given the best treatment to your health complications ..

10Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:59 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Very confident, I don't put much faith in people who claim they don't know what the bill contains but believe these stupid myths,an lies,which have all been proven just that~ it needs to be done//Health care reform!! it can be done without the Republicans~~

plus i don't have any complications,I am well~ sorry to disappoint you.. Very Happy

11Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:04 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Heart, diabetes and high blood pressure plus skin cancer..no those aren't health conditions ..guess that is normal according to you..Obama himself has said there will be limitations on care...HIS WORDS !!! not mine, just how limited will be added to the bill behind closed doors..

12Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:11 pm

gypsy

gypsy
which are all taken care of, I have all the faith in the world in Obama an it is just one more of your attacks personal.

my health is now good i have been released except for yearly checkups,I control my diet not on any meds for diabetes~I find your interest a little sadistic~ stick to the debate Debunking myths you just stated above that no one knows what is in the final bill but you argue for the bunk an myths~~ i find that amusing~ Debunking the death panel myth 503179 ps my health is really none of your business, now if you really cared, yes I would warrant your words/questions your word was complications/not conditions,I have none~ through with you now nuff said~

13Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:52 pm

SSC wrote:Heart, diabetes and high blood pressure plus skin cancer..no those aren't health conditions ..guess that is normal according to you..Obama himself has said there will be limitations on care...HIS WORDS !!! not mine, just how limited will be added to the bill behind closed doors..
I'm gonna keep pounding on this until somebody wakes up. THERE WILL BE RATIONED HEALTH CARE BECAUSE THERE WIIL BE NO ALTERNATIVE. There is rationed health care now. People who have wealth and/or insurance get health care,people who don't get the emergency room. But with Obamacare, only the wealthy will have quick and easy access to healthcare. Only private hospitals will deny treatment to Medicare/Medicaid/Obamcaid patients. The remaining hospitals and medical care service providers MUST ration access to care. Do the math. We cannot suddenly add 10 to 30 million covered potential patients without rationing. It will be impossible. The admin says "Our plan does not enforce rationing". Of course not! It won't have to. It will be unavoidable. Until somebody waves a magic wand and makes hundreds of thousands of healthcare workers appear, that's it.

14Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:22 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
oh lets just all hold hands, lmao,,

15Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:11 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:which are all taken care of, I have all the faith in the world in Obama an it is just one more of your attacks personal.

my health is now good i have been released except for yearly checkups,I control my diet not on any meds for diabetes~I find your interest a little sadistic~ stick to the debate Debunking myths you just stated above that no one knows what is in the final bill but you argue for the bunk an myths~~ i find that amusing~ Debunking the death panel myth 503179 ps my health is really none of your business, now if you really cared, yes I would warrant your words/questions your word was complications/not conditions,I have none~ through with you now nuff said~

I give a shit less about your health conditiones, YOU are the one who splatters your heath woes on the boards..
I used you as an example of someone who could find themselves in very dire straights , numerous pre-existing conditions that scare insurance providers to death.
Sadistic ??? what a stupid but typical remark coming from you.
You are just like the Joe Blows of America health conditions that might have to take a back seat on the medical treatment bus.

16Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:18 pm

gypsy

gypsy
well Miz SSC I didn't broadcast anything,I was asked, because I was missed here on the board. just like you when your husband died~

.I have no complications,don't know where you got that idea.. have a wonderful evening

17Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:23 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thank you for mentioning my husband...cute dig on your part but very expected. It goes with your persona...
You know I wasn't one who missed you, nor cared what was wrong with you. So lets leave it at that.

18Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 pm

gypsy

gypsy
no dig at all, was just stating the same you were.not my persona that is your persona.. yes i was missed an I think I was told you checked iyt an I hadn't moved in a few days, so Rosco called the house,an found out I was in the hospital..

19Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:49 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I knew Rosco called your house he told me , since you have been notorious for false statements I checked to see if maybe you were pouting to draw attention to yourself. PLEASE don't mistake that for caring..curiosity maybe but damn sure not caring.

I do think there is a slight difference in a deceased husband and your little health issues but I have no trouble seeing you for what you are...and I always expect a remark like that from you..

20Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm

gypsy

gypsy
wrong again on false statements, your at it again ssc~ you can't control your anger,an as far as false statements you saying I broadcast I don't ,I didn't~ I don't do digs, an I don't get angry, but I will defend myself, an for you to go into attack mode an lose your temper over differences of opinion is silly an child like~now as you said for me to do leave you alone,I have,until your little episode about me being confidient about O bama an my health care, you had to bring up my health,which is none of your business so go by your rule to leave me alone unless you can debate with respect~ or put me on ignore that is what you hiphoorayed when it was put into effect here~ plus i didn't say you cared,I said i was missed, an you checked iyt~~ so try to keep your story straight~I don't really care whether you missed me or not~~ simple fact.. an nothing was meant by me mentioning you inforning the board about your loss~ your reading things into that that aren't there.. you started this complete fiasco as usual.. we all have informed the board on things happening with each other

21Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:13 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy I am going to repeat this very slowly so you can comprehend ...I checked the board to see if you were moving, it is not unlike you to go pout for a couple days when you get ripped for stupid stuff you do on here...Rosco took it upon himself to call you, you know better than me call...haha...Rosco posted my husband had a heart attack I had sent him a message when I came home for a change of clothes, the day he died I posted he had passed..You can go back and read the posts if you are confused. Now if that is good enough for you fucking drop it before I do get mad .
I used you as an example on health care..whats so wrong with that..you got problems not me so you were good to show how dangerous this system could end up..Nothing was meant by it, but of course you didn't comprehend what I was saying and blew it out of proportion once again.

22Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:21 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC you can't debate me with out bringing in personal things you know nothing about,I can copy what you said to start this, saying you mean with your (my) health complications(which i hace none) i trust the stupid health plan obamas people have?? now listen carfully, no debat should be come a personal attack~ i don't pout, i don't brtoadcast i don/t get angry, i never said you missed me, I said i was missed on the board in general an some were wondering what was wrong, you said you checked because you thought I was pouting an trying for attention, see that is nothing but trouble making, an your the best at that~ now you started this i am finishing it~ my last post on this, Your wrong on all accounts as usual now again are you going to abide by what you said?? leaving me alone? seek some anger management.. Debunking the death panel myth 440643 because it wasn't necessary for you to use me for an emphasis< you could have just made a statement about disagreiing with Obam the subject was debunking mthys/lies~ oh an was that a threat? it doesn't take much to get you angry SSC

23Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:35 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Maybe you should repost it since you can't get it right what I said, bingo another example of your lack of comprehension..
Love it you think I need anger management ..you are pathetically funny but that did make me laugh
A certain person told me you ask them if they could ever forgive you for the stories you told on the old IYT boards..funny you have forgotten that but I guess with selective memory that is convenient for you. Now you run along now and have a spiffy evening Debunking the death panel myth 729264

24Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:41 pm

gypsy

gypsy
haha forgive me ??YOU!! .never said that!.now that is bunk/myth an lies.. I don't need anything from you but to leave your obsession of me alone.

here is where it all started

Re: Debunking the death panel myth

Post SSC Yesterday at 6:53 pm
It is wonderful to know you are laying your own life in the hands of Obama and his field of idiots...You must be very convinced you will be given the best treatment to your health complications ..

25Debunking the death panel myth Empty Re: Debunking the death panel myth Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:24 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
I never said stupid health care..my words were Obama and his field of idiots.. Get it right Gyp , and further more I still stand behind what I said...Until HR3200 is totally complete (which right now it is far from being ) no one will know all the truthful details. Obama's supporters are dropping like flies, next year is an election year for many senators and others, if Dems want to hold their place they better get to stepping , they are losing support aka votes. Obama has in recent polls become a man more and more do not trust his ratings are falling fast. He is wishy washy on provisions that are not complete. How can you sell a plan with so many blanks...He has underestimated the American people, obviously he thought he could lead them blindly just because he was the Pres. Well that hasn't worked very well for him.
I say draw up a complete plan, introduce it for inspection, then try to get it passed without added amendments after it is passed..
This is the lives of many people hanging in the balance of this health care proposition, no one should be with out care but no one should be misinformed either. Limited care, expanded care denials, all these issues are in a grey area and Obama is not clear enough. His one statement was there would be limitations on certain types of care.

By the way once again I never said it was me you ask for forgivness I said a certain person.more trouble comprehending again..and no I am sure not obsessed with you, repulsed is more the proper word.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum