You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Afghanistan poll Empty Afghanistan poll Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:15 am

gypsy

gypsy
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/afghanistan/20_say_pull_all_troops_out_of_afghanistan_immediately

My voice> yes I think we should pull out of Afghanistan,it is a no win war..I do understand the need to try,an to fight terroism

I heard on radio today that this percentage is higher >think we should pull out of Afghanistan

Twenty percent (20%) of U.S. voters say all American troops should be brought home from Afghanistan immediately, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

Another 17% oppose an immediate withdrawal of U.S. forces but believe a firm timetable should be established to bring all troops home within a year. Fifty-two percent (52%) see no need for a withdrawal or a timetable right now. Eleven percent (11%) are not sure.

Democrats are much more strongly in favor of pulling out the troops which poses perhaps a greater concern to President Obama with some in his party already discussing a possible challenge to him for the party’s presidential nomination in 2012.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

Thirty-one percent (31%) of Democrats favor a complete withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan right away, compared to 13% of Republicans and 14% of voters not affiliated with either party. Thirty percent (30%) of the president’s party think a firm timetable should be established for withdrawal within a year, a view shared by just six percent (6%) of GOP voters and 14% of unaffiliateds.

Seventy-three percent (73%) of Republicans and 60% of unaffiliated voters see no need for a withdrawal or a timetable, but just 27% of Democrats agree.

Only 33% of voters believe it is even somewhat likely that U.S. combat troops will be removed from Afghanistan by the end of the president’s first term. U.S. forces invaded Afghanistan in October 2001 in pursuit of Osama bin Laden and other al-Qaeda terrorists who were given a safe haven in the country.

Eighty-four percent (84%) of voters say Afghanistan is at least somewhat important to the national security of the United States. Thirty-eight percent (38%) rate it as very important. Only 12% say it’s not very or not at all important.

Republicans are more likely to view Afghanistan as very important to U.S. national security, but in general there is little partisan disagreement on the question.

Seventy-seven percent (77%) of voters say it is at least somewhat likely that the president will send more troops to Afghanistan in the next year or so, with 46% who say it is very likely. These numbers are down slightly from previous surveys this summer. Just 14% say it is not very or not at all likely.

U.S. commanders in Afghanistan are expected to ask the president to commit more forces to the country to counter the revitalized radical Islamic Taliban there. The Obama administration is already having high-level internal debates about troop levels and the future mission in the country.

Eighty-seven percent (87%) say they have followed recent news stories about the situation in Afghanistan, with 40% following very closely. Only two percent (2%) are not following news about Afghanistan at all.

Fifty-five percent (55%) of U.S. voters now expect the war in Afghanistan to get worse during the next six months, a 14-point jump from a survey a month earlier. Confidence is also down in America's conduct of the War on Terror.

Forty-nine percent (49%) of Americans believe it is at least somewhat likely that there will be a significant terrorist attack in the United States in the next year, but that figure is down from 70% in the summer of 2007 and 58% in December 2008.

Please sign up for the Rasmussen Reports daily e-mail update (it’s free) or follow us on Twitter or Facebook. Let us keep you up to date with the latest public opinion news.

See survey questions and toplines. Crosstabs are available to Premium Members.
ShareThis

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.

The Rasmussen Reports Election Edge™ Premium Service offers the most comprehensive public opinion coverage available anywhere.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.

This national telephone survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports September 2-3, 2009. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence (see methodology).

2Afghanistan poll Empty Re: Afghanistan poll Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:28 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:My voice> yes I think we should pull out of Afghanistan,it is a no win war..I do understand the need to try,an to fight terroism

i wonder how many of that 20 percent may be muslims.. u really dont have a clue to the defense of this nation. just our last mistake on not keeping enough troops there gave the taliban, a chance to reorganize in i think the south again , so we upped our troop level, now the taliban use to behead ppl at half time during soccer games thats their business if in contol thats not what concerns me, , we just blew up 3 million bucks of taliban dope that they now use to support their war, so u want us to pull out let the taliban take back over, and al qaeda gain a free training ground again. anyone that is not as dumb as a bag of rocks as u are can see this. i guess u had rather fight them here, since u dont live near a large populated city like Chicago or new york or san diego, , u have no worry or care for these ppl because that is what would happen again.the large cities will they will take the brunt of another attack.. if ppl listened to u we would all be speaking Japanese,but ofcouse that would not be a problem for u , because all u would be doing is babbling, endless stupid crap that even a jap would be shaking their heads at,. or even better have al qaeda in a forum so u can talk to them and agree with them. 9/11 is the same as pearl harbor in the fact our country was attacked and ppl died but lets forget all that. let them bring in a dirty nuke bomb, or release bio weapon or chemical weapon. we have been in south korea for well over 50 years after a war there,to defend south korea.. we have a tready to say just that.to use ur logic we should just have let the japs keep all the islands in the pacific, and ofcourse by ur logic they would have stop there. to defend this nation for the good of the citizens it take sacrifice many are willing to take. but they see this. i dont think u understand the depth of this problem it may well be to deep for you,,and it does not have to be very deep to realize this....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum