View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Republican Ou rage Empty Republican Ou rage Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:51 am

gypsy

gypsy
Daily Kos
Pete Stark & Republican Outrage
by BarbinMD

Fri Oct 19, 2007 at 09:33:01 PM PDT

The Republicans are outraged, outraged, I tell you, and they are demanding that Rep. Pete Stark apologize for crossing, "all lines of decency and decorum." At issue, of course, are the remarks the Congressman made during Thursday's debate on the vote to override George Bush's veto of health care for 10 million children:

You don’t have money to fund the war or children, but you’re going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the President’s amusement.

Digressing for a moment, it's interesting to note that when Rep. Stark made the above statement, there were no objections from his Republican colleagues, yet a few minutes later when he said:

I'd just like to point out, under the Republican's plan, by 2017, we probably will have killed 20,000 soldiers in Iraq, spending $200 billion a year --

...Stark was interrupted by a furious motion to take down the words. So while the Republicans immediately reacted to something that implicated them, it didn't occur to them to jump to George Bush's defense. Until they realized they had another case of manufactured outrage to peddle. And peddle it they have, with Minority Leader John Boehner blathering that:

Our troops in Iraq are fighting against Al Qaeda and other radical jihadists hell-bent on killing the people we are sent here to represent. Congressman Stark should retract his statement and apologize to the House, our commander-in-chief, and the families of our soldiers and commanders fighting terror overseas.

So, since George Bush's obfuscations and lies started a war without apparent end, one that has already led to the deaths of 3,832 American soldiers and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians, should Rep. Stark apologize to everyone and their brother for pointing out that inconvenient truth?

But perhaps Rep. Stark did cross the line of, "decency and decorum." After all, he did impugn the patriotism of George Bush. And what kind of person does that?

THE PRESIDENT: Just say no. When it comes to detaining terrorists, what's the Democrat's answer?

AUDIENCE: Just say no!

THE PRESIDENT: When it comes to questioning terrorists, what's the Democrat's answer?

my voice ,I don't know if this is a blog but here is what transpired from Starks
THE PRESIDENT: When it comes to trying terrorists, what's the Democrat's answer?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/10/20/400275/-Pete-StarkRepublican-Outrage
Perhaps when George Bush apologizes for that little screed against tens of millions of Democrats, Rep. Stark will apologize for telling the truth. Until then, the Republicans will just have to be satisfied with this response:

I have nothing but respect for our brave men and women in uniform and wish them the very best. But I respect neither the Commander-in-Chief who keeps them in harms way nor the chickenhawks in Congress who vote to deny children health care...Leader Boehner and his Republican colleagues should apologize for their votes and join us to provide health care to 10 million children

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum