You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

trryvill

trryvill
Pictured below is a young physician by the name of Dr. Starner Jones. His short two-paragraph letter to the White House accurately puts the blame on a "Culture Crisis" instead of a "Health Care Crisis". It's worth a quick read:

Dear Mr. President:

During my shift in the Emergency Room last night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive brand of tennis shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ring-tone.

While glancing over her patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medicaid"! During my examination of her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer.

And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care? I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result of a "crisis of culture", a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance. It is a culture based in the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to do because someone else will always take care of me".

Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care difficulties will disappear.

Respectfully,

STARNER JONES,

gypsy

gypsy
you know, to an extent,I agree..so many faults in the system needs corrected.. very good thought there~

gypsy

gypsy
But, I still think Health care reform is necessary,we are not top notch//we should be//
we should not have people hurting,in America there should not be homeless,unless they choose to be/i,NOT ONE ANERICAN//should go to bed hungry.can we solve this yes,but you have to get greedy politicians >>GONE>>? both sides
so what do we do/vote all of them out? no,that is impossible/but a start/wish we could..

we have to look at who,wants to help.look back Democrats passed medicare,repubs fili busted it/can you imagine us without medicare? Democrats want health reform, again no American should suffer!! Not one Damn repub person! wants to ,this is nothing but political i am saying if you vote this/then you too.. are sad.
it saddens me that one party is so for the wealthy/cooperation's Who?? as always the Repub/
/One more why would we want a president to fail?? I disliked Bush, but I kept wanting him to succeed

these people/repubs want Obama to fail?? Why?

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well, I think anyone that needs medical help should get it and be treated no matter what. We need to be more responsible to taking care of our citizens. At any cost, we need to take care of our own. If we don't it looks like we don't care, and that speaks volumes to the rest of the world. We are a first class nation with the highest tech in the world. We need to get the health care issue fixed so everyone get it no matter what the circumstances.

Canada does it, so does many other countries, why can't we?

Anyone who says Canadians don't like there Healthcare plan has been reading too many website Blogs. The truth is they love it. I live among many of them and have worked with them, Canadians are all around me and we talk. They all like it from everyone I have heard. The "waiting in line" thing is fine with them, but the Truth is they don't usually have to wait. They schedule an appointment most of the time and get in right in.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yes, i have said this: years ago i took consumer report magazine, and they did an investigation about Canadian health care, and said the waiting period is exaggerated. and not the problem some say, this was many years ago. now the ppl that dont want universal healthcare here use it as a scare tactic. the sad truth is most ppl hear it and believe it.. and now with mass. going republican senator. all that work on healthcare is kinda down the drain,, i dont look for the republicans to seriously work with obama on healthcare, they mainly want to make him look bad to make him one term, but i may be wrong , we shall watch and see, take care,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum