You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Obama vows to beat 'blizzard' of opposition
Feb 6 12:52 PM US/Eastern
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.eeac7f78d2b167aedda59104fadde298.b81&show_article=1

President Barack Obama vowed Saturday to beat a "blizzard" of opposition and to salvage his crusade for change, leaving a snow-buried White House to rally Democrats spooked by looming November polls.

Obama motorcaded through deserted Washington streets during a historic winter storm to fire up a party rocked by panic and disaffection after the president's reform drive hit a roadblock after just a year in power.

"(It's) good to be among friends. So committed to the future of this party and this country ... a blizzard ... Snowmageddon here in DC!" Obama told Democratic National Committee members hunkered down in a Washington hotel.

Obama sharply warned that he would not give up on his effort to pass health care reform through Congress, even though the loss of the Democratic Senate supermajority leaves his wavering party few easy options to enact it.

"Just in case there's any confusion out there, let me be clear. I am not going to walk away from health insurance reform," Obama said, in one of his most feisty speeches since his 2008 election campaign.

"I'm not going to walk away from the American people. I'm not going to walk away on this challenge. I'm not going to walk away on any challenge.'

On Friday, Obama admitted health care reform could die in Congress, and warned Democrats they would face the judgement of voters in November's mid-term congressional polls if they quit the fight on his top priority issue.

The remarks were seen by some observers as a sign that Obama was contemplating admitting defeat on health care, a view his comments on Saturday seemed to be designed to dispel.

The president argued that to pass health care, and other top agenda issues, he and his party would have to change the poisoned political culture in the US capital, and by implication, win some Republican support for his initiatives.

"We're going to have to change the prevailing politics in this town.

"We may be moving forward against the prevailing winds. Sometimes it may be against a blizzard. But we're going to live up to our responsibility to lead."

It remains unclear however if Republicans will see any political advantage in working with Obama, considering a revival in their political fortunes has been based on blanket opposition to his agenda.

gypsy

gypsy
Good, you go Obama.

I talked to many different nationalities while on cruise. Canadians said they love their health care everyone of them I talked to about it, they said the Republicans lie about that they don't. the British said the same thing.

all the ones that we sit and conversed with liked Obama, and think he is out to help the working class/middle class ,after all isn't this the ones who make the wheel turn//
and he is for the people/poor included.(Obama)

the people from other countries see the influence of wealth establishing only two types of people.the wealthy/poor,the Republicans stand for this~ They want control.tax the working class, cut taxes for the wealthy/cooperates..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:Canadians said they love their health care everyone of them I talked to about it
Thats been my observation too. Living in FL I'm surrounded by Canadians and I like them all. I can't tell they are Canadian until they tell me. Sometimes their voice I can suspect they are. but usually I can't tell until they tell me. They are just like us here in the US, no different. There towns and neighborhoods look the same as ours. Green grass front yards, Pools, everything. You'd think you were in the US looking at the houses. They have all the same stores we have here in the US, McDonalds, Wendys, Walmart, etc) Nothing different about living in Canada other than Healthcare. Well, of course I'm sure there are other things like taxes, but for all practical purposes they live just like us. They love their healthcare. I want the same for the US. Canada has outclassed us in that department. We are close allies with Canada, and they like us and we like them. We protect them militarily and they appreciate it. We are almost (US and Canada) one nation. We do the same things, eat the same food, do everything the same. Only difference is a border line that demonstrates where Canada begins and the US ends. A line. We live their they live here, we are all the same.

We need a Healthcare program like Canada has to do the right thing by our citizens.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
`i sure hate that senator won in Massachusetts. which gave as u know the repubs 41 votes, so they can stop the healthcare with fillibuster,all that work and one guy wins and gee its dead , obama can say things, but im telling u the republicans will make him look as bad as they can, but it works both ways, just depending,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum