rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
MY WORDS: For the life of me, i have never understood how we got to the illegal immigration problem we find ourselves in now. my thoughts are years ago, the big farms and factories wanted cheep labor and donated large sums of money to state politicians to let it happen.now politicians are feeling the wrath of a public that is sick and tired of it, i know i am,.but now its out of hand. why do we need a law to say its against the law to enter the country illegally and to hire illegals, this should have always been a law. ppl for years have said they only take jobs that americans dont want, thats bull shit, here they paint houses, inside and out, new houses, and sheetrock houses, and i saw a crew having concrete poured and finished it. they take away work from my son in law, like on deck building, they go into very expensive neighbor hoods and build things like decks. my son in law has had to bid against them, guess who wins. i have seen all mexican crews roofing houses. i use to work across the street from a roofing company. do u think they can compete with a crew of illegal mexicans??? i dont have a problem with the ones that apply to enter legally and follow the process of becoming citizens they have a cap on that number. but what we have is a flood, of ppl, that are spreading like ants north. but u watch Obama will somehow use the justice department to have this law rescinded. i just hope the voters band together and hope this as a major election deciding factor the next election. i wish we would have a president run on stop illegals and just see how he would do, he would get my vote.and i blame companys that hire them and would love to see them fined heavy and even some jail time if repeated offender companies, it just baffles me.. because we let it now get so far out of hand its major to stop..and taking real jobs americans now want. they keep the hospital emergency rooms full, and use our schools, and they are not citizen, i simply dont understand why this has been allowed to happen, i pray this Arizona law not only stands but spreads to other states, i know our state is undermaned bad on ppl that enforce the illegal problem here in our state,guess u can tell im pissed, lol

Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

By PAUL DAVENPORT and JONATHAN J. COOPER
The Associated Press
Friday, April 23, 2010; 10:40 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/23/AR2010042301250_pf.html

PHOENIX -- Gov. Jan Brewer ignored criticism from President Barack Obama on Friday and signed into law a bill supporters said would take handcuffs off police in dealing with illegal immigration in Arizona, the nation's busiest gateway for human and drug smuggling from Mexico.

With hundreds of protesters outside the state Capitol shouting that the bill would lead to civil rights abuses, Brewer said critics were "overreacting" and that she wouldn't tolerate racial profiling.

"We in Arizona have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act," Brewer said after signing the law. "But decades of inaction and misguided policy have created a dangerous and unacceptable situation."

Earlier Friday, Obama called the Arizona bill "misguided" and instructed the Justice Department to examine it to see if it's legal. He also said the federal government must enact immigration reform at the national level - or leave the door open to "irresponsibility by others."

"That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona, which threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe," Obama said.

The legislation, sent to the Republican governor by the GOP-led Legislature, makes it a crime under state law to be in the country illegally. It also requires local police officers to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are illegal immigrants; allows lawsuits against government agencies that hinder enforcement of immigration laws; and makes it illegal to hire illegal immigrants for day labor or knowingly transport them.

The law sends "a clear message that Arizona is unfriendly to undocumented aliens," said Peter Spiro, a Temple University law professor and author of the book "Beyond Citizenship: American Identity After Globalization."

Brewer signed the bill in a state auditorium about a mile from the Capitol complex where some 2,000 demonstrators booed when county Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox announced that "the governor did not listen to our prayers."

"It's going to change our lives," said Emilio Almodovar, a 13-year-old American citizen from Phoenix. "We can't walk to school any more. We can't be in the streets anymore without the pigs thinking we're illegal immigrants."

Protesters gathered in Miami Friday evening at the Freedom Tower, where thousands of Cuban refugees were processed after fleeing the communist revolution.

"A thousand people a day are being deported. A thousand families being destroyed. And this comes at a very high moral and financial cost to this nation," said Maria Rodriguez, executive director of the Florida Immigration Coalition.

The Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund said it plans a legal challenge to the law, arguing it "launches Arizona into a spiral of pervasive fear, community distrust, increased crime and costly litigation, with nationwide repercussions."

William Sanchez, president of the National Coalition of Latino Clergy and Christian Leaders Legal Defense Fund, said his group is preparing a federal lawsuit against Arizona to stop the law from being applied. The group represents 30,000 Evangelical churches nationwide, including 300 Latino pastors in Arizona.

"Millions of Latinos around the country are shocked," Sanchez said.

Mexico has warned the proposal could affect cross-border relations. On Thursday, Mexico's Senate unanimously passed a resolution urging Brewer to veto the law.

"Police in Arizona already treat migrants worse than animals," said Francisco Loureiro, an activist who runs a migrant shelter in the border town of Nogales, Mexico. "There is already a hunt for migrants, and now it will be open season under the cover of a law."

Guatemalan Vice President Rafael Estrada said the law "is a step back for those migrants who have fought" for their rights. Guatemala's Foreign Relations Department decried the measure in a statement saying "it threatens basic notions of justice."

The law will take effect in late July or early August, and Brewer ordered the state's law enforcement licensing agency to develop a training course on how to implement it without violating civil rights.

"We must enforce the law evenly, and without regard to skin color, accent, or social status," she said. "We must prove the alarmists and the cynics wrong."

Brewer, who faces a tough election battle and growing anger in the state over illegal immigrants, said the law "protects every Arizona citizen."

Anti-immigrant anger has swelled in the past month, after rancher Rob Krentz was found dead on his land north of Douglas, near the Mexico border. Authorities believe he was fatally shot by an illegal immigrant possibly connected to a drug smuggling cartel.

Arizona has an estimated 460,000 illegal immigrants, and its harsh, remote desert serves as the corridor for the majority of illegal immigrants and drugs moving north into the U.S. from Mexico.

U.S. Rep. Raul Grijalva, a Democrat, said he closed his Arizona offices at noon Friday after his staff in Yuma and Tucson were flooded with calls, some from people threatening violent acts and shouting racial slurs. He called on businesses and groups looking for convention and meeting locations to boycott Arizona.

The bill's Republican sponsor, state Rep. Russell Pearce of Mesa, said Obama and other critics of the bill were "against law enforcement, our citizens and the rule of law."

Pearce said the legislation would remove "political handcuffs" from police and help drive illegal immigrants from the state.

"Illegal is illegal," said Pearce, a driving force on the issue in Arizona. "We'll have less crime. We'll have lower taxes. We'll have safer neighborhoods. We'll have shorter lines in the emergency rooms. We'll have smaller classrooms."

gypsy

gypsy
I agree, illegal is illegal!! what is Obamas thoughts on this,I read some where he disapproves this~billI maybe wrong~

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Obviously no one in politics approves of illegal immigration, no one will say they think it's just "fine by them". That's not the problem at all. No one thinks that way. The problem is they (the illegal immigration people) figure out ways to get in to this country using the back door. The IRS should do more to help control this.

Personally I've never had a job taken away from me by anyone. No one ever came close. The way you beat them is to stay ahead on knowledge, know more about the job than they do. Outclass them in every way. That's done by knowing more about the job and what you are doing than the competition.

gypsy

gypsy
I agree Tyler, as much power as the IRS has, this should be a controllable situation.

One thing I disagree with, is stopping anyone that is dark skinned, there should be a legitimate reason,,I may be misunderstanding this~

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:I agree Tyler, as much power as the IRS has, this should be a controllable situation.

One thing I disagree with, is stopping anyone that is dark skinned, there should be a legitimate reason,,I may be misunderstanding this~
Well I never mentioned a word about dark skinned people. I like dark skinned people. But as far as women go, I like white girls. Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill 503179

gypsy

gypsy
hahaha ok thats cool I was talking about stopping people dark skinned, just because they are dark skinned/they are assumed illegal

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I agree, illegal is illegal!! what is Obamas thoughts on this,I read some where he disapproves this~billI maybe wrong~

did you not read the article, obama does not approve of it, he calls it misguided and has asked the judicial
system to see if the law is legal, ur not wrong he disapproves of the law, i have read that in other places,

here is an obama quote,,
Obama Seeks Immigration Overhaul, Slams Arizona Law
“Our failure to act responsibly at the federal level will only open the door to irresponsibility by others,” “That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona.”

my words. i guarantee u anything he wants to do will not go far enough, he is soft on this issue

gypsy

gypsy
I just glanced over it//but I knew Obama disapproved..
Bless him!! so many things to fix

I wonder if he ever thinks WHY!!

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I just glanced over it//but I knew Obama disapproved..

plus i think the irs is limited on info they can release on ppl, the arizona law has it right,illegals work under the table, in lots of cases

gypsy

gypsy
I love a president/like Truman.who says [i] am president , follow me//I know things have changed,but Obama does not need to be middle ,or bipartisan he needs to kick ass!

I think he will

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
rosco 357 wrote:
gypsy wrote:I just glanced over it//but I knew Obama disapproved..

plus i think the irs is limited on info they can release on ppl, the arizona law has it right,illegals work under the table, in lots of cases
The IRS can find out who is paying taxes and who is not. Illegal alien can't pay there taxes because they are not a citizen,. The IRS can nail them.

gypsy

gypsy
So is IRS nailing them? U know America is all about giving refuge//I think we have been to lenient//that is not good/we still have to manifest the constitution

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
You talk about jobs being taken away from US citizens by Illegal aliens, that can't happen in a legit company. The IRS will be all over it.

Sure, they can pick oranges and get paid under the table, but a job in a real company it can't happen.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well this is a bit different, but a car load of mexicans almost hit my son in law on a turn u cant see over the hill good but they were speeding, and my grandson was in the truck, my son in law chased them to a yard where there were other mexicans in a grass cutting business i guess, my son in law got out and cussed them and said he was going to call the city police, and left, the mexicans left, but the police said they cant even report them, they have there hands tied, as to what they can do, thats why the Arizona law has them upset, it as the article says takes the handcuffs off the law enforcement,i think i read alabama has only one or two, ppl for the whole state to check on illegals.that same article said that is why many are coming here, there is no one to bother them.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:You talk about jobs being taken away from US citizens by Illegal aliens, that can't happen in a legit company. The IRS will be all over it.

Sure, they can pick oranges and get paid under the table, but a job in a real company it can't happen.

it happens here all the time, they raid the chicken processor companies,and its full of illegals, but the law is not strong enough.but there are many white ppl that work under the table also, that are drawing unemployment and working at some machine shops. i know that for a fact, i have worked at one, lol,,most all ppl where i use to work when they layed off, the ppl all worked under the table, ronald reagan once said if they could harness the underground economy , there would be no deficit,

gypsy

gypsy
You know what I think!! the handcuffs should be put on some law enforcements, who are so crooked/we see it in our little town/I wrote about it in our home newspaper

if we don't speak out,nothing will change

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well they were going to pass a law to fine companies here that worked illegals, then the second offense the fine was higher, then if again the company got some jail time, and u got fined if u harbored illegals worked them and gave them a place to live, but im not sure if the law passed or not, i knew ppl who worked illegals and was worried it would pass, but that was like a year go or more and i dont know if it passed,

gypsy

gypsy
here on farm labor,foreign help, they can only stay here for the season.. of course do we know if it is enforced?

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
there simply is not enough law enforcement to handle it.a simple police officer cant do anything, it has to be a immigration official and there are hardly any,, i have known ppl that worked illegals that furnished them a travel trailer to live in, but may illegals get home sick and go back home,i knew some that went back home., i knew these illegals, they said it cost them 5000 bucks to come to the USA by paying someone in mexico to get them across the border and probably to somewhere in the USA, and some would use their brothers green card, . i bought one i knew a christmas present, a dvd, that i had to make sure it would play in spanish also, lol, the ppl that work them just called them amigos, but this was years ago.. the econony is down so they are not needed now at what i was talking about..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I can honestly say I have never met an illegal citizen. Ever. Never happened in my 48 years living here in FL. I know the problem exists, but to add some insite to this issue, I have never met someone that was an illegal alien. I live in Florida and I never see this. I think its a non-issue.

The problem is not as bad as people make it out to be. They can't compete in the work force with educated people. Its a non-issue in my world. They don't affect me at all even if they are out there. I challenge any one of those guys to beat me at what I do. If they can, then fine. Then I'll report them.. lmao

Its not happening in my world. illegal aliens are a non-issue,

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i have met several illegal mexicans, and got to know some, there are many here. but here they work mainly in construction jobs, and at that, they are very good, and out preform white ppl and work cheeper,.several ways it works,one way is some just work for you,, but another way one way it works here is there is one, rich mexican who is legal . and he is very rich and owns a super house here, and also a large ranch in mexico, if u need painting, sheetrock, concrete poured and finished, or roofing done and carpenter work,. u get in touch with the rich mexican, i forgot his name, and tell him what u need, and he sends out a crew of mexicans, and the contractor pays him and he pays the mexicans workers, im sure he pays them alot less than he gets, is how he got so rich.. one thing ppl here dont like is mexicans live alot of ppl to a house, but i see them in walmart all the time but i have none that i know of that live close to me, one was named francisco, and he could out work any white or black man, one day he ran a jack hammer for 11 hours without stopping for a break, the next day his hand were swollen very bad.. his employer said he has never had a worker of his caliber, but after a few years he got word something about his wife back in mexico and he went back,,,, i knew more and another good one, but i forgot his name...one thing i notice is u now see mixed black and white couples some, but mexicans stick with mexicans and i have not seen a mixed couple, not to say it does not happen,actually there are more living across town where new housing is going up, they stay close to construction, i heard a number in the thousands that live in hoover, but i hesitate to give it because it sounds so high, but i got that on the news, take care

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I'm not concerned about illegal aliens. I know its an issue but it doesn't interest me at all. I simply don't care.

gypsy

gypsy
my words. i guarantee u anything he wants to do will not go far enough, he is soft on this issue)) this should have been copied from Roscos// I disagree I think Obama is being very open/fair.. this Arizona shit.is exactly shit~!!

McCain //vote him out

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I should have posted this song with my last post I made in this topic above.. LOL