You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob Empty Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob Wed May 12, 2010 2:57 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Ingredients

2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
4 ears corn, husked
4 tablespoons finely shredded Cotija (see Shopping Tip) or Parmesan cheese
1 lime, quartered
Directions
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.

2. Combine mayonnaise, yogurt and chili powder in a small bowl.

3. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until marked and tender, 8 to 12 minutes total. Spread each ear with 1 tablespoon of the sauce and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Cotija (or Parmesan). Serve with lime wedges.

Shopping tip: Cotija cheese, also called queso aņejo or queso aņejado, is an aged Mexican cheese similar in texture and flavor to Parmesan. Find it near other specialty cheeses or in Mexican grocery stores.

about this recipe
Street vendors across Mexico sell this style of roasted or grilled corn

2Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob Empty Re: Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob Wed May 12, 2010 3:51 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Wow that sounds like that would be good. I'll try it sometime. All I've ever done is put butter on my corn. lol

3Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob Empty Re: Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob Wed May 12, 2010 4:00 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yep i had never heard of this, but i have a grill but i dont grill out, no time during the week. and on weekends i ususally just buy dinners from walmart deli or the barbeque place has been running a special on a pound and 2 side of pint size , so i get 2 meals out of that, i love barQ i should use this grill more, i have plenty of propane, this recipe was on the aol welcome screen when i went on aol..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum