You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Former Vice President Al Gore to separate from wife Tipper after 40 years of marriage

ERIK SCHELZIG Associated Press Writer
http://www.wreg.com/news/sns-ap-tn--gore-separation,0,7703509.story

11:15 AM CDT, June 1, 2010
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, are separating after 40 years of marriage.

According to an e-mailed statement obtained by The Associated Press on Tuesday, the Gores said it was "a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."

Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider confirmed the statement came from the Gores, but declined to comment further.

Al Gore lost the 2000 presidential election to Republican George W. Bush. He has since campaigned worldwide to draw attention to climate change, which in 2007 led to a Nobel Peace Prize and an Oscar for the documentary "An Inconvenient Truth."

Tipper Gore is known for her advocacy on mental health issues. She became interested partly because her mother suffered from depression.

The Gores have four adult children.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Wow I'm shocked over this news. I never would have thought they would get divorced.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Wow I'm shocked over this news. I never would have thought they would get divorced.

yep me too, on aol welcome screen it was on it today, and talked about filing for divorce, about the law and how the money works in Tennessee. and something about which would be the best year to divorce 2010 or 2011 that had to do with taxes,but im shocked also. and hate to see it.. even though their kids are grown its still tough on them.

SSC

SSC
Admin
LMAO....and the plot thickens , oh nooo not the phony green man Al. Guess the masseuse will have a field day now with her story. Seems to be a skeleton behind every politician. Wonder if he and Bill compared notes ?? Just a thought Former Vice President Al Gore to separate from wife Tipper after 40 years of marriage 440643

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum