You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran

2Three Dog Night's great 1969 hit Eli's Coming Empty quiz Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:54 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well back in the day , 3 dog night was a very popular group,and this was a popular song, if this title is accurate 69 is when i graduated, my question is and i knew this, and u may and it may be easy, honor system dont look it up,off the top of ur head does anyone know what their name means, like i said it may be easy, when the group was popular, they told about its name, just wondered, if anyone off the top of their head knows, its just something i learned around that year, take care,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I have often wondered that, but off the top of my head I don't know. I could google it, but that wouldn't be off the top of my head. lol

I always liked that Band.

gypsy

gypsy
I absolutely Love three dog night,I use to know what their name meant,but for the life of me I can't remember, maybe it will come to me,Jer may remember :)

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well since both of yall did not know, thanks for not researching it, this is the story of their name as i heard it back i the day.. when its cold outside at nite, like in the snow and ur sleeping in it or maybe a real cold house, but i assume sleeping out,, they judge how cold it is by how many dogs u need to sleep with so u can stay warm through the nite, so their title was a 3 dog night, but i dont know how that ranks on if it was a really bad night.. i know its far fetched but that was what i heard of what their name means,i may google it just to see if im correct, and i forgot where i heard it, maybe radio or who knows , it was when i was a teenager, take care

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
ok i copied this off Wikipedia, and i was correct, but not to the exact point of where.. but here is the paste, i used that search engine that does not do cookies or keep ur info, that i posted about, called as i posted before"" startpage.com

The Three Dog Night Story, 1965-1975 states that vocalist Danny Hutton's then-girlfriend June Fairchild suggested the name after reading a magazine article about indigenous Australians, in which it was explained that on cold nights they would customarily sleep in a hole in the ground whilst embracing a dingo, a native species of wild dog. On colder nights they would sleep with two dogs and if a night was especially cold, it was a "three dog night".[1]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum