You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reform bill passed Empty Reform bill passed Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:13 pm

gypsy

gypsy
WASHINGTON — Congress passed a sweeping overhaul of America's financial regulations Thursday, securing for President Barack Obama his third major, hard-fought legislative victory.

Obama said he will sign the bill next week.

"I'm about to sign Wall Street reform into law, to protect consumers and lay the foundation for a stronger and safer financial system, one that is innovative, creative, competitive and far less prone to panic and collapse," the president said at the White House.

The bill has been Obama's top domestic priority after the passage of health care legislation and his early victory in setting up a nearly $800 billion fund to pump life into an economy hit with the deepest downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s.

The 2,300-page bill aims to address regulatory weaknesses blamed for the 2008 financial crisis. It gives regulators broad authority to rein in banks, limit risk-taking by financial firms and supervise previously unregulated trading. It also makes it easier to liquidate large, financially interconnected institutions, and it creates a new consumer protection bureau to guard against lending abuses.

The measure also includes new protections for millions of American consumers.
Story continues below More below

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38258047/ns/business-stocks_and_economy?GT1=43001

2Reform bill passed Empty Re: Reform bill passed Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:10 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i dont watch or go to msnbc, its a liberal network. and biased toward liberalism , so i steer clear, of that network, they dont have real news, u have to watch those libs they may be lurking anywhere, lol.

3Reform bill passed Empty Re: Reform bill passed Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:07 pm

gypsy

gypsy
The very best!! MSNBC!! The real news source~ not biased at all LOL

4Reform bill passed Empty Re: Reform bill passed Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:00 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
u know msnbc is liberal, i dont think they hide it, but cnn came out and stated and decided to just do straight news, now i know they do it over and over, but thats ok with me because of my limited time, but truly cnn is the best news, if u just want news that can be as unbiased as possible, i was polking fun with msnbc, but they dont hide the fact they lean liberal, and thats ok as long as they let it be known as fox lets it be known they have conservative shows,

5Reform bill passed Empty Re: Reform bill passed Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:07 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I watch CNN and BayNews 9. BayNews 9 doesn't have any shows, its all just news reporting. Its a "Brighthouse" network if I'm not mistaken. Our weather is local and a lot of local news. But I think they are all over the country with different local news depending on what state and city you live in. Your BrightHouse cable connection gives you your local channel 9 Broadcast.

6Reform bill passed Empty Re: Reform bill passed Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Heres a link to my local BayNews 9 website. Most all TV stations have there own website as you know.

http://www.baynews9.com/

Mine is called BayNews 9 because its focus is on Tampabay FL. But they tell the national news too and cover all of Florida news. In other states and cities they might have another name I don't know. But its a BrightHouse cable network.

7Reform bill passed Empty Re: Reform bill passed Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:36 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i book marked the page, and yes everyonce and a while where i get news, it will have one from a tampa station, not sure its that one, or not, its been a while, but thats was proabaly it,

8Reform bill passed Empty Re: Reform bill passed Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:u know msnbc is liberal, i dont think they hide it, but cnn came out and stated and decided to just do straight news, now i know they do it over and over, but thats ok with me because of my limited time, but truly cnn is the best news, if u just want news that can be as unbiased as possible, i was polking fun with msnbc, but they dont hide the fact they lean liberal, and thats ok as long as they let it be known as fox lets it be known they have conservative shows,
the problem is fox denies they lean more to conservative, they even announce Fair And Balanced LOL

9Reform bill passed Empty Re: Reform bill passed Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:32 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
fair and balanced is the news part of their air time , not the shows like hannity , and glen beck, anyone would know thats about as conservative as one could get, dont mix the two parts up, they have the talking heads tell the news like all do, that is fair and balanced but the conservative shows anyone know is not fair and balanced but we have worn this subject out, i was mainly playing, about msnbc, theyhave liberal show, i like anderson on cnn, is it anderson cooper???? i think is his name, he seems nice, and i enjoy him, but we have worn this out i know, take care

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum