You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obama urgeres liberals keep up the fight Empty Obama urgeres liberals keep up the fight Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:25 am

gypsy

gypsy
LAS VEGAS — President Barack Obama and Democratic leaders sought to soothe relations with the party's disgruntled left wing Saturday in advance of elections in which Republican gains could upend the White House agenda.

"Change hasn't come fast enough for too many Americans. I know that," Obama said in a surprise video appearance to liberal activists and bloggers at Las Vegas convention. "I know it hasn't come fast for many of you who fought so hard during the election."

In a year when Democrats are expected to lose seats in Congress, party leaders have grown increasingly concerned with malaise running through the left wing. Liberals who helped elect Obama in 2008 have grown disenchanted on issues from the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to the failure to create a government-run insurance option in the health care overhaul, and many believe the White House has been too accommodating with Republicans.

Delivering promised change
In his remarks to the annual Netroots Nation gathering, the president said the combat mission in Iraq would soon end, and that the administration is working to repeal the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy for gays and close the U.S. prison for terrorism suspects at Guantanamo Bay.

"In ways large and small we've begun to deliver on the change you fought so hard for," Obama said.

"We cant afford to slide backward. And that's the choice America faces this November," he added. "Keep up the fight."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38396801/ns/politics
Story continues below More below

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yes cnn has been reporting polls that show republicans are more likely to vote this fall than democrats. and as many politicians think as i think from just common sense, the center will go mostly back to the right in the fall, but it always does,we shall see, but if ted kennedys seat could go republican , its katey barred the door, i never thought i would see that in my life time, and others on tv said the same thing,

gypsy

gypsy
who cares Rosco.ur not telling me something I don't already know,talk about repeat and repeat LOL I hope whoever wins this political battle learns from past mistakes, that is why people like me are reminders, to make sure people like you remember how we got in this mess!

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i would guess the ppl running against the republicans are the ones who care, lol, and there is enough blame to go around on the economy, this economy thing is not over yet, it still remains to be seen if what obama has done hurts or helps, it will be years before we know, im out of here, lol,nite

gypsy

gypsy
I will say/that the Democrats care for the people,or we would not have,social security,medi care, now health reform,regulations on the big banks and others//

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum