You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:28 pm

Tyro has probably not even seen he has received a PM.
It s very likely, the more because he obviously did not know yet, how this site works.

77Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:34 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
No thats not it, he read the PM and you can tell by looking at your "Outbox" messages, if a PM is still in their it means they havent read it yet, if it is not in your "outbox" messages it means it has been read, his was not in my outbox messages, and thus, has been read.

78Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:43 pm

gypsy

gypsy
he did state he was not familiar with the site, and most of the names he was not familiar with, so he hasn't posted.

79Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:I think it was the things,mentioned here from another site,,no it doesn't matter, but for someone to mention a name for no reason when debating or arguing or whatever, is not right.. I came here to make my smart assed remark like everyone else did. but for some reason mine was commented on~ i thought it better to air it on board,.. I don't know why he didn't answer you, but he did state hhas not familiar with things here yet~..

If you are aiming at me Gypsy about any remarks I have made pertaining to your alleged participation in Katrina assistance then say 'SSC' said.....not beat around the bush but a reference to a Tyro person didn't come from me, Maybe you should pull up the quote , that would put a little more light on this subject, just my opinion.
Sorry I corrected your spelling when I was doing mine..

80Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:47 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 729264

81Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:05 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
http://bridgewater news/ archives

By Jean Porrazzo, Enterprise staff writer

Monster Sightings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kathleen Garner of West Bridgewater has heard the legends about the Bridgewater Triangle and the creatures that roam the Hockomock Swamp that borders her West Bridgewater home.

“I saw a giant white prehistoric bird,” 69-year-old Garner said. “People don't believe me.”

It was 20 years ago and Garner and her husband, Donald, were moving into their home on Maple Street, the only home on the dead-end street.

“We were driving on Pleasant Street, and this huge bird put its face in my window,” she said. “I screamed, and it took off and we haven't seen it since.”

Garner said the bird was at least 6 feet tall with a wing span of at 8 feet or more, and it had teeth.

The area dubbed the “Bridgewater Triangle” extends from Abington south to Freetown, west to Rehoboth and northeast back to Abington. It includes Brockton, Easton, the Bridgewaters, Raynham and Taunton, many of which are part of the Hockomock Swamp area.

The “Bridgewater Triangle” centers around the swamp's 6,000 boggy acres.

“It's a gigantic unknown area,” said David Moore , chairman of the Bridgewater Historical Commission and a member of the Bridgewater Historical Society. “The vegetation is so dense, you can't see sunlight.”

Fear of the swamp dates back to the 17th century, when Wampanoag raiding parties hid among the black spruce trees during the tribe's war with English settlers.

“King Philip, the Indian chief, is said to have lured people into the swamp and they were never seen again,” Moore said.

Grant has heard the sounds of drums coming from the swamp in the summer and has seen a red-eyed wolf or dog-like animal.

Over the years, there have been reports of a glowing orb flying over the swamp � bright lights in the sky over the racetrack in Raynham and in the sky above the intersection of routes 24 and 106.

In 1978, Joseph DeAndrade claimed he was walking in the woods near Broad Street in Bridgewater when he caught a glimpse of a tall, shaggy creature moving behind him. DeAndrade said the ape-man had a foul, earthy smell and a stiff gate “sort of like Frankenstein.”

In Oct. 24, 1980, editions of The Enterprise, Mark St. Louis of Brockton and his friend, Peter Blumberg, recalled their brush with another swamp-ape.

The friends said they were paddling on Lake Nippenicket when they came across what looked like a smallish, orange orangutan sitting on an island.

And in 1971, a Norton police officer claimed he saw a bird 6 feet tall and 12 feet from wingtip to wingtip, soar over Winter Street in Mansfield.

On a spring day in 1990, Kitty Doherty of Bridgewater was canoeing in the swamp with a friend when she turned around and took a picture.

After the picture was developed, Doherty could see what appeared to be an upright creature following the canoe, she said. When she showed it to others, they agreed.

“I have a picture of 'Big Foot,'” she laughed.

“Big Foot” turned out to be a tree stump and its reflection in the water created the illusion that it was walking toward the canoe, Doherty said.

Moore and Doherty don't put a lot of stock in the legends surrounding the Bridgewater Triangle or the Hockomock Swamp.

“Your mind can play tricks on you,” Moore said.

82Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty OK, OK, OK. Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:19 pm

I was being a wet blanket. I just wonder if the UFO and "Bigfoot" nonsense will ever end.

83Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty MONSTERS SPOTTED BY MONSTER POLICE !!!! Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:08 pm

84Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:13 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Hells Bells Moon!, that's got to be the biggest chested woman I've ever seen! affraid

85Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty This is supposed to be....... Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:06 pm

86Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 am

JonJon

JonJon
I feel like there has to be some form of life out there somewhere. Within the vast universe, there are many many other solar systems. According to Einstein, we can assume the the universe is the same throughout, and based on that there could be over 100 other Earth like planets. I'm not saying all 100 contain life forms, but at least one must. Right? As for UFOs, I don't know. Even if there are other life forms, they don't HAVE to be as intelligent as us. For all we know, there's a planet out there with nothing but cats and dogs on it. Of course, it may be so far away that it would take up hundreds of years to get there.

On that note, we should build a large craft that can support the life of 200+ people with all human needs in it and a University. Families can go up in space, and live on the craft, and the kids (and kids of the kids) can be taught by the 200+ scientists and professors we send in space. By the time we get to the other systems, we'll still have many intelligent scientists ready to work and send us information back.

87Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:17 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I think it stands to reason there is other life on other planets somewhere. If you take into account how the earth was created and how man came to be, you must acknowledge that it's a mathematical certainty that other life exists also on other planets. You are right there is no reason to believe that they all must be more intelligent than us, but we also have to recognize that it's extremely probable that there are other life forms more intelligent than us. The universe is so large the human species could be equated to 1 grain of sand on 100 billion earth type planets. The probability of intelligent life is overwhelming.

88Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:57 pm

JonJon

JonJon
runawayhorses wrote:I think it stands to reason there is other life on other planets somewhere. If you take into account how the earth was created and how man came to be, you must acknowledge that it's a mathematical certainty that other life exists also on other planets. You are right there is no reason to believe that they all must be more intelligent than us, but we also have to recognize that it's extremely probable that there are other life forms more intelligent than us. The universe is so large the human species could be equated to 1 grain of sand on 100 billion earth type planets. The probability of intelligent life is overwhelming.

I agree, there's a huge chance that there is more intelligent life, and I always believe that. I feel like a lot of people I've talked to think about other life forms as ONLY being just as or more intelligent than us. Think about all of the life forms here on Earth and compare their intelligence to outs. How many species exist in ratio to our one human species which intelligent enough to, say, build a rocket and fly off of the planet. That's a huge number to 1. I've always wanted people to understand that even though there are most likely a LOT of intelligent life out there, there must also be a lot of "not so intelligent" life out there as well; and I think the number of "not so intelligent life" could very well be a much larger one.

89Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:21 pm

JonJon

JonJon
Here's what I want to know, since there MUST be other "Earth-like" planets out there:

Our planet is about 4.6 Billion years old. Well, if/when (because I think it's just a matter of time) we do discover another "Earth" that's more mature - About 8 billion years old - assuming it has a similar moon, is of similar size, and orbits a similar sun, do you think we could make a fair basis judgement from that Earth on how our own will be in the future? Or perhaps we'll find answers to questions we're currently asking. I do wonder how much of a role humans play in "damaging" Earth, though. That would definitely factor in, assuming it was enough of a role.

Michio Kaku has (I think it's his) a theory about something pertaining to this:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum