1Something I Don't understand? Empty Something I Don't understand? Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:21 am

gypsy

gypsy
how a person votes on the way their family votes in the past? do they not watch/research
what is going on? I think they are into old habits//maybe like slavery?? and other aspects

of the South! Don't get me wrong!! I love the South/ but they tend to live in the past and recovery of the old era!

2Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:05 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Slavery is a bit of a strong word.
I flew the nest and did what my Husband told me what to do.
When I voted Conservative Father was very angry..He was a strong Union man.
When I voted Labour Brian went and immediately cancelled me out..he was not going to bother voting.

I don't bother anymore ..they are all tarred with the same stick.
They just want to beat you and beat you for money.

They chain you up like a chain gang...

By the way ...I am my own Boss now. I just go my own way.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

3Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:02 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:how a person votes on the way their family votes in the past? do they not watch/research
what is going on? I think they are into old habits//maybe like slavery?? and other aspects

of the South! Don't get me wrong!! I love the South/ but they tend to live in the past and recovery of the old era!

i agree with candy, where did slavery come in to play, i agree with u on many things, but many ppl dont,and they do watch and research, there will always be liberal and conservatives, seems the majority just believes the conservative way right now, they believe and watch fox, and everyone thinks they are right, just as u do,, i really dont know of anyone that votes just because of the way their family voted in the past, they vote how they believe. maybe ur wrong and they are right.

4Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:37 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I think most people would like to see slavery come back. Make it legal again to purchase a Negro. We liked owning slaves in the past. Most white Americans want slavery reinstated... lol Kidding.. Something I Don't understand? 729264

Your family owned some slaves didn't they Gypsy? .. Something I Don't understand? 503179

5Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:18 pm

gypsy

gypsy
No Tyler not that i know of~ no family member had slaves.
because Rand Paul and other repugs want to do away with civil rights and take us back to 1920's that is what old mitch stated not long ago..that is why i mentioned slavery in my post~

Sorry Rosco, nothing Fox says is right, and as far as conservatives i see nothing conservative about our now republican politicians/plus they are wrong,on everything they stand for. so that makes me right~`I know of nothing the conservative,gop or repugs which ever u prefer to call them, has done nothing for the people since Lincoln..

and yes people that were raised by a republican or democrat tend to vote the way their parents voted.

6Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:50 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Sorry Rosco, nothing Fox says is right,,, well i dont watch fox much now, i watch cnn as i said, but that is to broad a statement, the thing is fox is way ahead in ratings, i dont understand ur statement about not being conservative. conservatives believe in no abortion, , low taxes, less government , etc, but anyway, when u make statement ur are correct, and i may agree with ur believes but they are just ur opinion, and may not be correct, u cant say ur right , because its just ur opinion, for every thing u research there is a counter way of thinking someone else researches, well the roads are bad here so i have to leave for work early , take care, im done on this subject,

7Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
A lot of Slaves were given work and a roof over their head..
Some were treated like family and had a good life.
I did not see any in chains..on the cotton farms...some were willing slaves.
Most of us are accountable to some one...
A housewife is a skivvy and a unpaid worker.
SKIVVY.(I am not talking about underpants)

8Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:12 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Conservatives believe in low taxes for the rich, that is why they want to extend the Bush taxes, it benefits the wealthy, also they think that trickle down wealth will improve our economy we have had trickle down wealth when reagan was pres,it didn't work then and it won't work now, yes they don't believe in abortion but isn't that big government? something they have said Obama has, they pugs are hypocrites
Fox(FAUX) ratings is for the ignorant who watch it for entertainment not for real news, I forget how many false reports they have declared and lies they create, I put them here back a few months ago,how many people they have caused to lose their jobs with wrong reporting~ and their ratings are going down.I wouldn't believe anything beck or limbaugh says, they are idiots!

9Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:15 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Candy a housewife is an unpaid worker? I disagree, we can come and go,we can work at careers, we are loved and have good homes, maybe not all are as lucky as i am, but we have a pretty good life here!~ we aren't slaves

A lot of slaves were mistreated by their owners. :)

I also am through with this subject it has all been said before,I cannot stand a party(pugs) that will not extend unemployment benefits now i am through..

10Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:16 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Candy Cottingham wrote:A lot of Slaves were given work and a roof over their head..
Some were treated like family and had a good life.
I did not see any in chains..on the cotton farms...some were willing slaves.
Candy is absolutely correct.

There were many Negro slaves that wanted to live in nice homes and live comfortably. They wanted a nice owner that was rich and kind basically. Some of those slaves lived pretty well in that time. Of course no one wants to be a slave and the Blacks didn't ask for the situation they were put in. But eventually they realized there situation and wanted to get the right owner that would treat them fair, give them nice housing, and feed them good food. They worked for their keep and it was just like a normal job in some cases. Some were butlers, servants, house cleaners, horse and wagon Chauffeur drivers (drivers),,,etc, They were inside sometimes all the time out of the weather. They raised family's on the owners estate.

Right Candy, if you didn't post that I was going to, you beat me to it.

11Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I don't disagree some were treated good, but more were not~ slavery is evil in my opinion to own some one or to sell that slaves children it was a sad time for the new America..

12Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:41 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Of course Gypsy, no one would argue that some slaves were mistreated and wrong-doings were done to them and there family's. But we must also recognize that some owners provided them homes because they felt sorry for them, or because they just wanted to offer them a safe and honest job. Some Negros wanted to be bought by a nice provider. Like I said, they didn't ask to be slaves in the first place, but some wanted to make the best of the situation and get bought by someone good and nice that provided for them in a nice environment. The only way a owner back then could legally be responsible for them was to buy them. That also gave the slave peace of mind knowing they were bought and paid for, no one could come along and take them away.

13Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:34 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I do not understand why your Conservatives want to stop Abortion...

Sounds more like a Religious matter to me....

The Woman has a right to decide if an abortion is necessary.

Of course some Ladies think it is an easy option....but the morning after pill or any other contraception
has always been used in some form. Douching was once popular but not very effective.

Is there not too many people on this planet...not sure about this question.
Of course there are plenty of Chinese for some reason.

14Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:47 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Gypsy I never said Housewives were Slaves....BUT!!
You were lucky and somehow gained POWER by becoming a land owner.
My Husband has his name on the deeds of this home I live in..he refused to put mine on.
Saying he went out to earn the money..hence me being the unpaid worker.
By law I am entitled to half...but I would have to come up with money to prove it.
No will has been made.

In them days...1970's I did not have the opportunity to go out to work when bringing up two children.
Not even my parents were going to offer to be child minders.
Work was thin on the ground and a cleaning job would not pay for child care.

Father said that Women did not need an education because they would be looked after my a Man.

15Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:47 am

gypsy

gypsy
Candy Cottingham (Thu 16 Dec - 12:47) wrote:Gypsy I never said Housewives were Slaves....BUT!!
You were lucky and somehow gained POWER by becoming a land owner.
My Husband has his name on the deeds of this home I live in..he refused to put mine on.
Saying he went out to earn the money..hence me being the unpaid worker.
By law I am entitled to half...but I would have to come up with money to prove it.
No will has been made.

In them days...1970's I did not have the opportunity to go out to work when bringing up two children.
Not even my parents were going to offer to be child minders.
Work was thin on the ground and a cleaning job would not pay for child care.

Father said that Women did not need an education because they would be looked after my a Man.
sorry if i took the way you expressed your statement as referring to wives/Mothers as slaves
Candy i had six children I didn't get to work in public until they were older, but I did work,I had my six and usually six other i ran a
Childrens care in my home,which as far as landowner they came in latter years ,my husband we farmed he worked public work as sheet metal worker,I sold cleaning supplies from my home.as i got older and the children left home, i went into home health care
I have my own mind no man ,person will ever tell me what to do.except Jesus Christ/God

as I said the reason i can't believe the conservatives /Pugs is they are not for he common man/working class,they are big business and wealthy co operations like insurance companies and wall street, they almost destroyed this country in the eight years of bush era,plus they have been in power more than the Dems, and look what has happened in our country, and if America goes down it does affect other countries.;
I know i said i am through now i am
Sorry Candy?Jean if i took you the wrong way..

16Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:43 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Candy Cottingham wrote:I do not understand why your Conservatives want to stop Abortion...

Sounds more like a Religious matter to me....

The Woman has a right to decide if an abortion is necessary.

Of course some Ladies think it is an easy option....but the morning after pill or any other contraception
has always been used in some form. Douching was once popular but not very effective.

Is there not too many people on this planet...not sure about this question.
Of course there are plenty of Chinese for some reason.

candy,the reason conservatives are against abortion is they believe that life begins in the womb, and abortion is the same as murder , of course the supreme court says its legal, except i think in the last couple or 3 months when the child could live on its own, im not sure on the time frame, im not expressing an opinion, just trying to explain why they believe as they do, the conservatives are trying to get conservative judges on the supreme court to have ROE VS WADE over turned, , which that case as u probably know, made abortion legal. take care

17Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:16 pm

gypsy

gypsy
It is illegal to get an abortion after eight weeks~ no abortions are performed in the U.S. after the second month..I think it is up to the woman, not big Government.. no politician should be able to control that especially within the guide lines,I would not ever have got an abortion,I am really pro/con on the subject.. if we don't keep it legalized then quacks butchers will illegally perform this on young teens~ I prefer it legal and clean!! if that is the only thing that keeps repugs conservative that is a laugh!

18Something I Don't understand? Empty Re: Something I Don't understand? Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:13 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner