You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Snow! Let it Snow!! Empty Snow! Let it Snow!! Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:23 pm

gypsy

gypsy
We have 8+inches of snow still coming down~~ very beautiful/everything closed down even the court house offices.

2Snow! Let it Snow!! Empty Re: Snow! Let it Snow!! Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:54 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
We have no snow...
weather slightly windy.
pond is not frozen anymore....no frost.
looking forward to the flowers.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

3Snow! Let it Snow!! Empty Re: Snow! Let it Snow!! Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:06 am

gypsy

gypsy
Me too Candy.Jonquils are already showing little sprouts~

4Snow! Let it Snow!! Empty Re: Snow! Let it Snow!! Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:03 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
we suspose to get 1 to 2 inches over night wednesday night, im afraid i will get stuck at work and cant get home thursday morning as i get off work at 3 am, any snow that gets on the interstate makes it wreck city, last snow it was on the ground while i was at home and no one came in , so we had to work friday, to make it up, but i have a income tax appointment and they are hard to get, have had it for 3 weeks, so i dont want to work friday, just have to wait and see,, im worried, this place i work does not handle these things well at all,

5Snow! Let it Snow!! Empty Re: Snow! Let it Snow!! Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:45 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well we are under a winter strorm warning 1 to 3 inches starting about 6 pm wed night,, i have to go in to work , my worry is i will be stuck there, i called, this company sucks, they told me getting there is no problem , and if i have to i can work after my shift if i cant go home, they are saying travel in emergency's only,wish me luck , the did spray wet salt that dryed on atleast one lane of the freeway, that suspose to stay on the road and melt it, atleast i have a front wheel drive car, they do better in snow than rear wheel but i wish i could just stay home. the other guy i work with is going in.and he has to have someone with him. i hope the morning shift does not come in, some come in at 3 am and thats when i get off, the other guy has to work overtime till 5 but if the others dont come in i expect he will leave at 3 with me or if to bad we will just have to stay, wish me luck, i just have 30 miles of all kinds of roads. i hate snow now i use to love it, take care.

6Snow! Let it Snow!! Empty Re: Snow! Let it Snow!! Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:47 pm

gypsy

gypsy
We have six more inches today on top of the eight now

7Snow! Let it Snow!! Empty Re: Snow! Let it Snow!! Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:37 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
wow thats alot, it snowed wed nite, but the temps did not get low enough till after the snow was over, so the roads stayed ok, just wet, but the yards are white, looks like a couple of inches, i got home fine,

8Snow! Let it Snow!! Empty Re: Snow! Let it Snow!! Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:01 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Good ,glad you made it safely.

9Snow! Let it Snow!! Empty Re: Snow! Let it Snow!! Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:09 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Glad you made it alright rosco, I was a little worried. I don't know about snow as you and most everybody else knows too..lol So I didn't comment on this topic very much. I have nothing to contribute other than it doesn't snow here. lol

Be safe, drive slow is all I can think of to say.

10Snow! Let it Snow!! Empty Re: Snow! Let it Snow!! Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
thanks ,i may have said this ,, on this event they knew it was coming, so the trucks to spray i think salt water, on the freeways to pretreat them it drys and stays on the interstate and melts atleast some of the snow, i dont like salt, on cars, but mosty cars now have so much plastic on them, use to they did nothing here since we dont get much, but they got some trucks , have been busy this year,they also on back roads sand the bridges, and we have lots, got cold like 18 thursday nite, but the snow was long gone, going to be a pretty weekend , i will probably go have the car washed, i would today but i had my income tax done, and i found out they made a mistake on what number to use for eflile, deposit so i had to go back and have her fix that, so im worn out and my arms hurt, so i may hit the couch, ,trying to eat something, will try to be on the sight more when i can, just was run to death today,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum