You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Plants,flowers and gardens Empty Plants,flowers and gardens Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:41 am

gypsy

gypsy
hey all !
hows ur garden growing?, any tips or secrets?

I have orchids blooming now ,well five of them are,I have 15..

also got my first ripe tomato, yesterday
we had an awful time earlier with spider mites, we finally got rid of them using dawn detergent four drops to a quart of water.. blasting them with water will get rid of them also, drowns the little buggers LOL
epsom salts are good to put around all plants~it adds magnesium to soil and plants which helps with photosynthesis,and and the action of light on the chlorophyll in green plant cells..

2Plants,flowers and gardens Empty Re: Plants,flowers and gardens Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:22 am

gypsy

gypsy
well we are getting a nice rain,slow, with out the lightening/thunder
the plants/flowers,garden are enjoying a nice drink`
It is beautiful to see how all perk up with a gentle rain..lkind of a slack blooming time..

,hollyhocks are blooming,hydranga bushes are, mine are pink..I think that means by soil is alkaline
or does that mean acidity? will have to look that one up
oh yes, the bachelor buttons are blooming also.. i have a sea of blue ones in my front yard..
also my year old raspberry vine has a nice bunch of raspberries.. to pick soon,

honeysuckle is blooming, and at night when the breeze is still, the fragrance is lovely>>Takes ye Breath away,` especially if ur sharing it with your soul mate~~ Very Happy

3Plants,flowers and gardens Empty Re: Plants,flowers and gardens Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:38 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Ihave one Raspberry vine,beautiful has first year berries, built a trellis for it,looks beautiful,, wish i had planted more than one, it was just a trial,will plant more~ love the taste of raspberries

4Plants,flowers and gardens Empty Re: Plants,flowers and gardens Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:24 pm

gypsy

gypsy
a bit of a lull in blooming flowers, marigolds are doing their show, so are petunias, and geraniums,cosmos, and coneflowers,, summer is up on us~ I am not fond of the hot summer~ stay cool in the pool, if u can..

5Plants,flowers and gardens Empty Re: Plants,flowers and gardens Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:26 pm

gypsy

gypsy
8:34 here in Kentucky and just now dusk,I love this time of year, just came in~ only thing bad, is The Darn Mosquitoes~ thank God for backwoods repellent~

6Plants,flowers and gardens Empty Re: Plants,flowers and gardens Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:49 pm

gypsy

gypsy
hi all who may read this, it is hot here in the beautiful state of Kentucky,

HOT! HOT!HOT!! Whew suppose to go to 110 heat index here today, since i am recuperating, i will remain in most of day, can't go swimming yet but I can wade..lol
flowers are sizzling, we need to plant cactus,for this time of year. LOL but the heat tolerant plants are looking ok. I hate to wish for storms, but we do need some rain..ok signing off the subject for the day
sweet corn is in Yum!! boiling a big pot for supper..nothing like a ear of buttered corn, sliced fresh tomato, and fresh green beans from the garden.. A big fat glass of iced tea!

Happy Growing~ stay Cool..

7Plants,flowers and gardens Empty Re: Plants,flowers and gardens Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:06 am

gypsy

gypsy
four o'clocks are blooming, they smell like jasmine, they bloom late evening through the night, all colors, hope i get a good reseeding for next year..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum