You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Being Christian Empty Being Christian Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:41 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I want to say something along this line because as I have mentioned before I have my own views on religion and "Christianity" in particular. I never considered myself a Christian because I challenged the Bibles logic. I still continue to do that. I will not tolerate misrepresentation of a GOD that the Bible teaches, It is obviously wrong. I go with what I feel in my heart, and if anything, God wants me to be true to myself, I must accept and be comfortable with what God placed in my heart. He made me insightful, Intelligent, and would expect nothing less than for me to use it. Good grief, if there is a God he wants us to use our brains which includes logic. Don't accept someone elses viewpoint from a book if it doesn't make sense, yes I mean the Bible. Think and use your brain and intelligence that God gave you. That's what he wants and expects you to do and hopes for. Don't be tricked by religious bible people that are grasping at straws believing in something illogical and ridiculous. They are in the dark. Blinded by limited thinking. Believing in someone else's words and expecting to know the truth. The truth is God is in your heart, your moral values, your spirit, its an emotional thing.

Having said all of that, I have learned through life experience I am more Christian than most Church Bible toking Christians.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

2Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:44 am

gypsy

gypsy
My belief!, you proclaim you believe in God.and our born again,washing away all your sins
Jesus is our mediator,he takes all our sins upon himself,we strive to do good and be good.we all fall by the wayside at times,but we are forgiven if we believe. Christian is not the key. Jesus is! belief in Christ our savior.

3Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:09 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I don't believe in Jesus. I believe a Man once named Jesus may have existed but he was just a Man, nothing more, nothing less.

4Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
A lot of men were named Jesus in those biblical times.

Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia

Bible
The Bible refers to collections of sacred scripture of Judaism and Christianity. There is no single version: both the individual books (Biblical canon) and their order vary. The Hebrew Bible contains 24 books that were rearranged into 39 by Christian denominations, while complete Christian Bibles range from the 66 books of the Protestant canon to 81 books in the Ethiopian Orthodox Bible. The oldest surviving Christian Bibles are Greek manuscripts from fourth century AD; the oldest complete Hebrew manuscripts date from the Middle Ages.

They did not know that our Countries and Africa existed.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

5Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I was referring to the Jesus the bible talks about (Son of God). I believe he may have existed, there is no reason not to believe that he did, becuase so much has been written about him, but if he existed he was not what the bible makes him out to be. He was just a Man. A very gifted Man perhaps, caring, kind, and was probably a good speaker and was good at convincing people of what he talked about and in doing so made a name for himself. But he was nothing more than a Man with a vision. Not the "Son of God" or savior. Just a Man with ideas. Probably a very likable and nice Man.

Then again, he could have been very disturbed and mentally ill thinking he was the son of God if he ever actually really said that he was. There are people today that think they are the son of God. Mental illness was not understood back then.

The point is the bibles writings of a Man named Jesus and who he was (son of God) are false. Just stories in a book. A very silly book.

That is just my opinion and it was not my intention to offend anyone. Take it for what it is, just an opinion. Like if you believe in the bible that is just your opinion and you didn't mean to offend anyone either by believing in it and what it stands for. It goes both ways.

6Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:25 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I aggree there was definately a Man Called Jesus who claimed he was the Son of God. I believe it has been proven.
You do not have not be mental to believe.

The Bible is History ..with mistakes through interpretation ect;
For instance...David the Shepherd boy was not a King.
Archeologist
ect; maintain that where he lived, there were not many people he could rule over. About 200 or 400.
He certainly does not have any money or power.
But there was a very large Kingdom nearby ruled by a rich and powerful King. But he is only mentioned once in the Bible. His name may have begun with an A ...can't remember.

They call these stories parables that teaches a moral lesson;

In fact the Bible came about to control the people and most of it was possible written by Monks.

7Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I agree you don't have to be mentally ill to believe you are the son of God. Buts its possible some people that think they are, are indeed mentally ill. I'm sure some really are ill. Its probable and points in that direction.

If I were to believe in the God of the bible the way that book represents him, I would have to believe God was cruel and handed out horrible punishments and murdered people. I refuse to believe that, but some people do. I get no moral lessons out of that book that portrays God in that fashion. The bible was written for scare tactics, to control people. Its a primitive book full of atrocities and contradictions. In the Bible, words having to do with killing significantly outnumber words having to do with love.

Opinions, and not offending someone, goes both ways. Bible believers can be offensive too by professing they believe in the book and what it stands for. I take it as just an opinion they have.

8Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:15 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

George Carlin on the Ten Commandments

9Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:35 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
What a clever man
very cleverly put.
Obey parents on their performance. Respect! Mine were good people but somewhat miss informed. Mother obeyed Father. She was not happy about that.
My parents were not Religious..despite Mother being sent to a Convent School, she was Christened C of E
A religion concocted by Henry the 8th...Father came top in Scripter at School.

More devout more Kills.

The word stupid I would like to replace with ignorance....and I can't help that.
We were taught to take was was being said and not to argue. (Faith)

Even in the 21st Century I have to obey (forced to take that vow when I married) even when I argued with the Vicar. But two men against me was futile.

So Brian has the power and the last word. WHY! Because he earns money and holds the purse strings.

I like this debate and I do not get upset about it.

10Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:04 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well I didn't start this topic in an attempt to start a debate I was initially just expressing my opinion. This is not a debate from what I can tell.

11Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:35 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

12Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:03 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Very Good...I agree

13Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:29 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I'm playing a guy in chess right now that calls himself "Jesus".. lol That's what he has wrote in his profile..lol

See if I can beat him..lmao

14Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:12 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
maybe Jesus is Egptian. You will beat him.
Just don't play him at Grass Hopper Chess.

15Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:27 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
No, Grass Hopper Chess is out of the question I don't like that variant. Its ridiculous.

This is a chess level 3 tournament regular chess. Care to take me on Candy? I'll break you!! Bring it on.

16Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:34 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
not bloody likely

i know when i am beaten.

i am good but not that good.

i am teaching two people to play chess .....i have got patience....love teaching them. a man and a lady.

17Being Christian Empty Re: Being Christian Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:11 am

gypsy

gypsy
I love God/and I believe there was Jesus.
My love and beliefs are strong.but as usual I am human,I have questions,the old testament is very harsh/ but back in the time there had to be some laws to control..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum