You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1'The Jerk' (1979) - Phonebook/Sniper  Empty 'The Jerk' (1979) - Phonebook/Sniper Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:34 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i remember that scene, i did not like caddy shack much but i did like the jerk pretty good, my favorites are not comedys but as i have said serious movies especially true stories, or based on a true story, or something in history, but i also like just good stories, like the green mile which was not true,, you will like social network, amazing how it took place, the start of it all,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Steve Martin wasn't in Caddy Shack. That was Bill Murray and Rodney Dangerfield, Ted Knight and Chevy Chase.

I like true movies too, but I also like comedy and science fiction.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

gypsy

gypsy
I DIDN'T LIKE THE MOVIE THE JERK, I AM NOT A STEVE MARTIN FAN :) THE CADDY SHACK WAS FUNNY BUT SILLY TOO.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
OH OK... TO EACH HIS OWN. i LIKED BOTH MOVIES. SO WHO IS RIGHT? WERE THEY GOOD MOVIES OR BAD MOVIES?? THE ANSWER IS NONE OF THE ABOVE, ITS ALL PERSONAL TASTE, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS.

Sorry for the caps

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yep not a problem . every one likes different movies, because everyone is different, and thats ok i knew that steve martin who i like ok, was in the jerk and not rodney, im not a big rodney fan, but in the jerk i remember when the cans got shot he said words to the effect, they hate these cans or something like that but i remember that part, lots of ppl like romantic comedys, but not me.. well u know what i like, i saw caddy shack many years ago, not a big fan but i did watch it, but i liked the jerk better, i like steve martin ok, but for movies give a tom hanks , or matt damon, or denzel washington, but i like so many i could name actors and actesses all day, u need to watch social network, u will love the computer stuff in it, he made it while a student, he was a genious, i will say this much, but i hate to tell about movies, is the guy that started napster and got sued, then bankrupted, a while later, help him market facebook and got him started in other countrys at the beginning when facebook was learning what it was going to even be, and that napster guy now, i forget his name , shawn something, owns like about 7 percent of facebook, i will tell u zuckerman or close to his name that started facebook, the end of the movie said he was the youngest billionaire in the world he was only a student, u will like it, all the computer work he did before he started facebook,,he just ate up the teachers and other students in his computer classes but u need to see it and as u said secretariat, well im worn out, not been this tired in a long time, take care,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well Gypsy will come straight out and tell you she doesn't like your movies and thought they were garbage. She has no problem doing that. I think that's great. But I also recognize its all opinions. Movies are like Music and food, everyone has there favorites.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Well Gypsy will come straight out and tell you she doesn't like your movies. She has no problem doing that. I think that's great. But I also recognize its all opinions. Movies are like Music and food, everyone has there favorites.

i know she will and she also will tell u she does not like george bush, LMFAO<< lol,,,,, but sure if everyone liked the same things it would be boring, i imagine gyp likes romantic comedys,but i dont, i do like some romantic movies, like the PRINCE OF TIDEs with nick nolte, and one of my fav, MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE, with robin wright penn who i love,and kevin costner, in a staring roll, great movie, but did not like the end, my sister got upset at the end, i own that one, ,, well got to run take care,

gypsy

gypsy
Romantic Comedies,no don't care for them, but do love the ones you mention in the last of the post~ I love mystery,romance,and a good comedy, it has to be very good:) like Old Dogs,I laughed myself silly!
ps! U betcha don't like bushman!

10'The Jerk' (1979) - Phonebook/Sniper  Empty Re: 'The Jerk' (1979) - Phonebook/Sniper Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:56 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Romantic Comedies,no don't care for them, but do love the ones you mention in the last of the post~ I love mystery,romance,and a good comedy, it has to be very good:) like Old Dogs,I laughed myself silly!
ps! U betcha don't like bushman!

SECOND HAND LIONS, , have u seen that movie where the 2 uncles that live way out as hermits and take in their nephew, whos mother drops him off, and they grow to love the kid and teach him how to be a man, its kinda a comedy, and really good, its been out several years, i think robert duval and MICHAEL CAINE , are the uncles, live way out on a dirt road and shoot at most ppl coming, its funny, and good, know u would like it,..., its comedy and serious at times, and heart warming, just let me know,

11'The Jerk' (1979) - Phonebook/Sniper  Empty Re: 'The Jerk' (1979) - Phonebook/Sniper Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:32 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Loved Second Hand Lions, Absolutely!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum