You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

Legendary "Columbo" star Peter Falk died Thursday night at the age of 83, his family confirmed to CBS News.

Falk, a five time Emmy Award winner, was best known for his role as the rumpled raincoat wearing detective in a TV series that began in 1971 and ran through 2003, though new episodes were broadcast less frequently over the years.

He suffered from Alzheimers and was placed into conservatorship in 2009.

Falk was also nominated for two Oscars; in 1961 he got the nod for "Murder, Inc.," while a year later, he earned a nomination for "Pocketful of Miracles."

Working until around the time of his diagnosis, Falk last appeared on film in a small role in 2009's "American Cowslip"; he had a leading role in 2007's "Three Days In Vegas," playing Gus Fitzgerald, alongside Rip Torn and George Segal. One of his most beloved roles came as The Grandfather and Narrator of "The Princess Bride," and he took the lead in the 1974 John Cassavetes film, "A Woman Under The Influence."

Falk won his first Emmy for the 1961 program, "The Law and Mr. Jones."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/24/peter-falk-dead-columbo-star-dies_n_884041.html?ncid=webmail2

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yes i really liked him, sad to see him go, but i guess he could have been gone and i would not know he has not been on tv in a while i think, thanks and take care,

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Peter Faulk (Columbo) ...I liked his series.....quite a good looking man
the concept of him appearing to be not very bright was brilliant.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

gypsy

gypsy
I liked the man,and his shows:) sorry to hear of his death.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Candy Cottingham wrote: Peter Faulk (Columbo) the concept of him appearing to be not very bright was brilliant.
I couldn't agree more. It was a great idea and who better to play it than Peter Falk. He played dumb to the people he was investigating so they would think they have the upper hand and can outwit him. That is what Columbo wanted them to think..lol What they didn't know was that he was a genius. Thinking all the time. Great series.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum