You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pickling recipes Empty Pickling recipes Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:01 pm

darlwill

darlwill
I want to learn to pickle things - beets and zucchini, etc. Anybody have any experience with the procedure?

2Pickling recipes Empty Re: Pickling recipes Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:50 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Hi welcome aboard. You can call me Tyler. Well our resident chef "Gypsy" could probably help you with that. She can cook anything.

I never pickled anything before so I don't know. Check back here maybe Gypsy will read it and reply.

Again, welcome

3Pickling recipes Empty Re: Pickling recipes Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 am

gypsy

gypsy
Yes I can help with pickling~welcome aboard Dalrwill

4Pickling recipes Empty Re: Pickling recipes Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:17 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Give an example of how to pickle a cucumber to make classic pickles. You know like aunt Bee made on the Andy Griffith show. She put them in mason jars and stored them in her kitchen cabinet. Some people put the jars in a basement.

There is a procedure for this which includes ingredients. I know Vinegar is involved.

Just trying to help this new poster.

5Pickling recipes Empty Pickling Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:30 pm

darlwill

darlwill
Thanks you guys -- I'm thinking to get pint jars as then I won't have to have such a big kettle -- Gypsy, how does that sound?

6Pickling recipes Empty Re: Pickling recipes Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
hi Darlwill welcome aboard, im sure gypsy can help u, hope u enjoy the sight, take care,

7Pickling recipes Empty Re: Pickling recipes Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:49 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Darlwill, pint jars is good for sliced pickles ,but if you want whole gherkins quart wide mouth are the best, I will put my recipe for Dill pickles when I locate where it LOL
this recipe I will be putting is good for okra,beets(may want to add a bit of sugar with beets) and most veggies it is a general recipe~
Will be back when I find it~~ it is so rewarding canning ones own veggies:)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum